• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

exin

Perras of Ubuntu
110 Badges
Jul 5, 2010
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Knights of Honor
  • King Arthur II
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
Vaguely More Historical

Intro:
VMH - Vaguely More Historical is my attempt to bring the 769 Charlemagne Bookmark to the awesome SWMH map mod! VMH stands for Vaguely More Historical, which is inspired from someone in this thread. I recommend a read as it is where the idea for the mod came from after all.

Steps:

• Port over Vanilla 769 rulers into the new VMH 769 bookmark.
  • Update culture, religion and political map to that of the 769 layout from vanilla.
  • Add placeholder rulers for titles I can't find a historical character for after a simple google and wiki search. Only if deemed necessary.
  • Will add localisations and laws if someone posts the code for them in this thread.
Details:
Due to real life time constraints I will not be adding fluff characters outside of what Vanilla already offers. So even if I find a historical character for a province that SWMH adds, most likely I will not spend the effort to add all of his ten brothers and sisters in the game unless they are landed characters. Same thing goes to dead characters, won't spend the time to add any.

For 'fantasy' rulers, or better said placeholder rulers, I will just add them and that's it. Won't spend time with complicated family trees. My goal is to make the 769 bookmark playable with SMWH. If folks want more depth they are welcome to add it in themselves.

• Frankia - 99% - one barony issue
  • Germania - 100%
  • British Islands - 100%
  • Iberian Peninsula - 100%
  • Italian Peninsula - 100%
  • Ghana & West Africa - 100%
Download:
Soon

Change log:
Soon

Notes:
  • France turns into West Frankia by hidden event I believe.
  • Lotharingia however does not. Will need to find the West Frankia event and copy it for Lotharingia > Middle Frankia.
  • Italy does not turn into Lombardy since the culture of the Lombardian king is not Lombardian. Need to change that...
Screenshots:
Britain Isles - http://prntscr.com/d35t1d
Carolingian States... - http://prntscr.com/d9o705
...and their vassals - http://prntscr.com/d9o9pl
Umayyads & Asturias... - http://prntscr.com/d9oa8z
...and their vassals - http://prntscr.com/d9oala
Italian Peninsula - http://prntscr.com/d9obbz
Italian vassals - http://prntscr.com/d9objf
West Africa - http://prntscr.com/d9oat3 (Really crappy setup since I lacked any real source. So it's a bit of vanilla stretched out to accommodate new areas.)

Disclaimer:
SWMH is made by these awesome folks, to whom I give my profound respect and thanks for making SWMH, which in my humble opinion is the greatest map mod ever made.
Ruwaard, theKing1988, Woody Man, Aasmul, Axl Madness, Bertuccio, Elvain, Il Moro.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I could use some help with something. I have two baronies in West Frankia, both are Temples, one in Anjou the other in Flanders. I'll post their names later, the problem is this.

In their title file I put in the proper folks to own them as they were in vanilla, but the Temple in Anjoy keeps appearing as independent, while the one in Flanders appears under Middle Frankia.

In their title files I placed them as under their respective counties. Any idea what could be causing this?

I could use some help with something. I have two baronies in West Frankia, both are Temples, one in Anjou the other in Flanders. I'll post their names later, the problem is this.

In their title file I put in the proper folks to own them as they were in vanilla, but the Temple in Anjoy keeps appearing as independent, while the one in Flanders appears under Middle Frankia.

In their title files I placed them as under their respective counties. Any idea what could be causing this?
Hard to tell without more info or a download. Are the title holders correct in-game? Not, e.g., dead or unborn, causing auto inheritance to other people?
Do the baronies have liege values set in the history files? They only need them if they’re supposed to be under a different liege from their de jure county.

Temple of Evron, County of Maine
Code:
741.1.1={
   liege="c_maine"
   holder = 168017 #Gauslin, son of Rothgar
}
812.1.1 = {
   holder = 0
}

This in game appears as independent. And the guys is alive at the time.

Code:
168017 = {
   name="Gauslin" #Bishop of Le Mans
   dynasty=9569
   religion="catholic"
   culture="old_frankish"
   father=91503 #Rothgar
   mother=91504 #Rothgar's wife
   trait="martial_cleric"

725.1.1 = {
       birth = yes
   }
   812.1.1 = {
       death = yes
   }[code]

Temple of Evron, County of Maine
Code:
741.1.1={
   liege="c_maine"
   holder = 168017 #Gauslin, son of Rothgar
}
812.1.1 = {
   holder = 0
}
*Edit*
Nvm, it's actually "liege = 0" yes that turns a barony independent. Used to be that it doesn't happen, but now it does. A new "feature" since 2.6.X, AFAIK.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Yes, but the bookmark is for the year 769 and the holder=0 is for the year 812. Why is in influencing my 769 bookmark?

Yes, but the bookmark is for the year 769 and the holder=0 is for the year 812. Why is in influencing my 769 bookmark?
My bad, I was thinking about "liege = 0"... IIRC in the past this command actually didn't turn barony independent, but now it does.

Looking forward to seeing more screenies exin. I hope you haven't given up working on this

Don't worry. Not given up. Just it's going a tad slower. Finished with the West for the most part. From what I saw no errors propagated into the next bookmark, so that's good.

But I'll get some more screens now.

As for progress, next step is Africa, Egypt and Abys.... the part south of Egypt...

Edit: Added screenshots of everything I worked on. So basically everything that's done.

Any chance you can point me to the file that has the France - West Frankia naming event?

Last edited:
Any chance you can point me to the file that has the France - West Frankia naming event?
It's event 62930 in misc_old_gods_events.txt, which acts in conjunction with event swmh.500 in swmh_startup.txt.

Reactions:
Could you differentiate between historical characters and placeholder characters in some ways? Maybe just tell the computer to generate random rulers by leaving blanks in the history/title folder.

Last edited:
It's event 62930 in misc_old_gods_events.txt, which acts in conjunction with event swmh.500 in swmh_startup.txt.

Thank you Tol Kraka!! You made my life a lot easier for when I finish the man and get to the re-naming part!

Could you differentiate between historical characters and placeholder characters in some ways? Maybe just tell the computer to generate random rulers by leaving a blank in the history/title folder.

So far I haven't gotten to create any placeholder characters. All the characters in the finished areas are the Vanilla characters of CK2 769 bookmark. I simply expanded their demesne domains to include the extra provinces while trying to preserve... their Vanilla domain shapes?!

I was considering your proposal, but I hate leaving blank areas... I will only really leave Saharan Africa empty, due to no Vanilla help in that regard. But other than that, what provinces are in extra will go to the nearest plausible Vanilla landed character.

Definitely a must watch for me. Will it work with mini SWMH ?

Definitely a must watch for me. Will it work with mini SWMH ?

No idea what so ever. I think it can if I start removing province files that do not appear in mini SWMH?! But not inclined to do it due to time constraints.

But when I do release it, you can test it out with mini SWMH and see if the extra province files have an impact on the game? Worth a shot at least :)

Will absolutely try this out. If for no other reason than to witness the mindshattering power of Charlies empire.