• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Toa Kraka

Dislikes you
67 Badges
Dec 25, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
Example.png
What does this mod do?
Whenever a character dies, that character's prestige and piety scores are copied into traits.

Why is this mod cool?
Some time ago, Paradox chose to stop including the prestige and piety of dead characters in savefiles, in order to reduce the size of those savefiles. This mod reverses that decision.

Why is this mod NOT cool?
- Presumably, this mod inflates savefile size (and causes saving to run more slowly). I don't have any hard numbers to corroborate this, however.
- The stored values are limited to six decimal digits. Prestige and piety scores above 999 999 and below −999 999 lose any digits past the lowest six.

With which versions of vanilla is this mod compatible?
This mod uses else_if and else, which were introduced in version 2.8 of vanilla (Jade Dragon).

Is this mod compatible with other mods?
It's totally self-contained, so it should be. However, since it adds new traits, it probably is NOT savegame-compatible. For the same reason, different versions of PaPT are not compatible with each other.

Do I have permission to use parts of, or the entirety of, this mod in my own mod?
Of course! Who would be mean enough to prevent others from using his work? Just don't forget to include me in the credits.

This is a fairly simple mod with a fairly simple purpose: to reverse Paradox's decision to stop retaining the prestige and piety of dead characters. This mod keeps track of the prestige and piety of every character who ever has held a title or a claim, and converts those numbers into visible traits upon the character's death, allowing you to calculate the prestige and piety of dead characters in-game. Using binary numbers, it can track any amount of prestige or piety up to 65,535.

This mod contains two events (in their own namespace) and thirty-two traits (prestige_1, prestige_2, prestige_4, piety_1, piety_2, piety_4, etc.--but in binary), plus associated on_action, gfx, interface, and localisation files. It should be compatible with any other mod(s). HOWEVER, SINCE IT ADDS NEW TRAITS, IT MAY NOT BE COMPATIBLE WITH EXISTING SAVEFILES. Also, the original version of PaPT is not save-compatible with PaPT 2.
2019-08-03: Initial upload. Uses decimal rather than binary; includes zeroes; exports prestige and piety to variables rather than making temporary changes to prestige and piety; removes game rules and tier tracking
2017-09-18: Changed "All Nobles" rule to "All Nobles, Claimants, and Rulers", since claimants and rulers can be lowborn--e.g., under the (non-merchant) Republic government type
2017-05-30: Added game rules, claim-tier tracking, and tracking of human-controlled characters; removed performance-heavy tracking of former title holders, since they should die with claims anyway
2016-12-15: Now, both title-holders and claimants are tracked, but the calculations now occur only upon death, so performance should be improved overall.
2016-09-28: Remembered to add the traits themselves, rather than just the events and graphics associated with them
2016-09-11: Initial (broken) upload

Attachments

• Prestige and Piety Tracking 4.zip
    16,4 KB · Views: 15
  • Old versions.zip
    89,2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reactions:
Does it work w/HIP and BLG? (Setting aside possible issues w/save games)
It should be compatible with any mod that doesn't include traits or character flags named prestige_1, prestige_2, prestige_4, etc. or piety_1, piety_2, piety_4, etc. I'm currently using it with HIP.

Reactions:
Update: Finally noticed that I forgot to include the actual traits, even though I remembered to include all the related events and graphics files... (The perils of trying to make a mod while you're using another mod, and adding to one mod files that should be in another mod.)

This mod has been updated.
View attachment 503572
2019-08-03: Initial upload. Uses decimal rather than binary; includes zeroes; exports prestige and piety to variables rather than making temporary changes to prestige and piety; removes game rules and tier tracking