READ ME - Dissapearing Juggernaut

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Guraan

Emperor Penguin
Paradox Staff
1 Badges
Sep 17, 2012
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
So right now there is a rage quit bug in 2.6.0 and 2.6.1:
If you upgrade a Juggernaut and tick until after the year ends (after finishing the upgrade), save and reload.
Now you most likely do not have the Juggernaut anymore.
Issue is fixed in upcoming 2.6.2 but pls spread it, none wants to lose a dreadnought.

Workaround: None, just do not upgrade your Juggernaut. If you have one currently upgrading pls cancel the upgrade, issue only happens after the upgrade is completed.

Edit: Juggernaut and not dreadnought
Edit2: there is a workaround, more info: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...issapearing-juggernaut.1359121/#post-26377589

//Guraan and the dev team

Last edited:
How can you upgrade a dreadnought? Aren't they their own ship type IIRC?
its a designable ship, so you can outfit it a little bit as you want from the shipdesigner

If you upgrade a dreadnought and tick until after the year ends (after finishing the upgrade), save and reload.
Now you most likely do not have the dreadnought anymore.
Issue is fixed in upcoming 2.6.2 but pls spread it, none wants to lose a dreadnought.

Workaround: None, just do not upgrade your dreadnought. If you have one currently upgrading pls cancel the upgrade, issue only happens after the upgrade is completed.

thanks for getting this info out there. I am close to dreadnought in my current game but I stopped because the tier 2 admin cap building isn’t letting me upgrade to tier 3

Last edited:
Juggernaut. There's a bug that has been found where upgrading a Juggernaut can cause it to not persist through saves.

Until we get the fix out, a workaround is not upgrading them and sticking with whatever loadout you initially built them with.

Juggernaut. There's a bug that has been found where upgrading a Juggernaut can cause it to not persist through saves.

Until we get the fix out, a workaround is not upgrading them and sticking with whatever loadout you initially built them with.
OOOhh, gotcha. That makes more sense.

The hell is a dreadnought?

Like... the automated dreadnought? I'm I hallucinating?
sorry about that, should be Juggernaut

For the moment I thought you could upgrade the automated dreadnought. That would be awesome
think we tried that, went banas in power O;)

think we tried that, went banas in power O;)
Indeed. Imagine an automated dreadnought whose Utility Slots aren't actually half empty; whose weapon-loadout is not in anti-synergy with itself; whose weapons can deal with shielded enemies; whose components actually scale into late-game.
Truly, that'd be too much power. :p

... Thank you kindly for the warning though. Much appreciated.

I'd be happy if you could upgrade the hyperdrive
agreed and yes that could be something for a future patch but its not a 5min code change right now O;)

If you upgrade a Juggernaut and tick until after the year ends (after finishing the upgrade), save and reload.
Now you most likely do not have the Juggernaut anymore.

Workaround: None, just do not upgrade your Juggernaut. If you have one currently upgrading pls cancel the upgrade, issue only happens after the upgrade is completed.

Edit: Juggernaut and not dreadnought

And here I thought the Contingency had gotten it on the way to the upgrade station. Eh, just build another one ;)

Hello everyone, just to add workaround that some of you may have already seen mentioned on reddit. Your Juggernauts should not disappear if you create a custom design AND delete the auto-created one.
Likewise, if you have already lost your juggernaut, and can no longer build a new one, delete the auto-created design, leaving only your custom one and you should be able to at least build a new Juggernaut.

Is this bug related to the issue of the Juggernaut not staying static in the ship designer interface? Whenever I upgrade the Juggernaut or Colossus and/or delete existing ship designs of any type, the Juggernaut especially (but to some extent the Colossus as well) enjoys hopping around anywhere below the Battleship/Titan slots, being before, between or after the defense platforms and ion cannon.