• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
View attachment 228403
I fully intended to start a game playing a peaceful, prosperous Buddhist realm on the eastern Indian trade routes.

Somewhere along the way, Maharaja Dharmapala took a hard left turn.This "peaceful" Buddhist ruler became a (multiple) murderer, gained possession of the Necronomicon, imprisoned two sons, executed one of them (the other died in prison, oh dear), recovered from gout the day after becoming a drunkard (!?), sneered and slapped down his nobles every time they demanded council power, "accidentally" slew a man 40 years younger in a duel, and finally managed to outlive the Maharaja of Ayuda, none of whose sons turned out to have enough Karma to raise the Hindu holy order...

Maharaja Dharmapala of Bengal became Samrat Dharmapala of Bengal on November 8, 820.

Foreign rulers hate him, his vassals hate him, his dynasty hates him, and none of them can do anything about it except to wait for him to die.

Basically what happens when anyone plays CK2.

9A70EF84B821AA9142842F2B6F97CD081E068013

Pretty standard empire. I just converted the last county to sunni for the Great Indian Sultanate achievement but it didn't fire. Posted on the bug forum too but thought I would share :)

Reactions:
9A70EF84B821AA9142842F2B6F97CD081E068013

Pretty standard empire. I just converted the last county to sunni for the Great Indian Sultanate achievement but it didn't fire. Posted on the bug forum too but thought I would share :)

I'm currently running a similar game as the Taghlibids, but I flipped to Sindhi for some role play fun. Do you have any plans to become Caliph?

I'm currently running a similar game as the Taghlibids, but I flipped to Sindhi for some role play fun. Do you have any plans to become Caliph?

The thought has crossed my mind. :)

Reactions:
Fire. Lots of fire.

Reactions:
Oh god, the only place worth looking at is Avaria, and Asturias.... What is with Drugeth's borders though? WHY? WHY MUST YOU TORTURE US SO!

Reactions:
The heartland of Neo-Assyria was roughly where Syria is today (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Assyrian_Empire). What would you suggest instead?
Assyria

Syria is a modern state. They sound similair but not the same. When playing a game that goes for historical immersion, it is a flaw.

Suria would actually make a better candidate but this was only referring to the western levant. Look here... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_of_Syria

Ok they went with Syria, big deal, I just commented on it and thought it was strange. I don't care that much to paste wiki links back n forth but anyways i did it so there ya go lol

i want to add that there is no Empire of Syria, and the Kingdom of Syria was early 20th century. In this game of empires and kingdoms Assyria would have been more logical. Anyways another thing is in the time period of CK2 there was no Assyria so not sure if that is a mod.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Reactions:
Here's a MP co-op with my friends, 2 of whom are new to the game.

I and the Persia player started as dukes, the tutorial island folks started as counts. There's actually two players in ireland, one who wanted to be a vassal to learn the ropes under a more experienced player (top liege)

They're both Norse, the persia player and I are Sunni. I started as Duke of Sevilla (custom character) am now Emperor of Hispania. He also started as a duke, near Baghdad.

Francia actually formed in this game (never seen it before) under Charlemange which was quite scary but after he died the realm fell into chaos and as you can see I started to take advantage =P. Persia player doesn't like being the top liege and wants to be under me next game, which I find curious (I hate not being the top) but to each their own.

9VgNxE0.jpg

M5yM92o.jpg