• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Units don´t have to be in his stack at the beginning of the turn (like with Scouting). They just Need to walk to the Hero´s Stack and embark from there with Fast Embark abilitiy.
This means you can give dozens of Units this ability in one turn.

Oh, yeah, I remembered. Then we should delete Fast Embark from Fleet Command as it was in vanilla.

EDIT 2:
- Supercharged units + Shrine exploit to change?
Is it possible to exclude Combat Summons from the Great Reawakening spell?
(The Lesser Elementals have the "Combat Summon" trait after the original unit is killed)
Great Reawakening also works on (Incorporeal) Combat Summons (Chaos Riff and Call Ancestral Spirits tested).

Last edited:
Halfling and RG Upgrades affecting units.

It looks like Balance mod went a bit too far from vanilla habits (or that we have to change all the other vanilla RG upgrades' descriptions).

1. All Halfling RG upgrades applying to units are translated (copied) as unit properties (UP). Now, Halflings are explicitly "affected" by their RG upgrades (when appliable).
  2. Sources for these UPs are not localized, as if hard-written in English.
  3. Namely, it's about at least: Halfling Patron Military, Halfling Prophet Military, Halfling Deity Military, Halfling Champion Military.
I don't think that these RG UPs are necessary when the RG only grants one UP and no stat change.

Please, compare to Draconian Regrowth granted to Crusher, Dwarven Meteor Armour granted to armoured units, and Orcish Fearsome granted to Assault Soldier.

So, what would be the right format for all RG upgrades, when they benefit units?

Attachments

• aow3_halflingRGunitProperties.jpeg
    aow3_halflingRGunitProperties.jpeg
    83,8 KB · Views: 22
  • aow3_dwarfRG_unitProperties.jpeg
    aow3_dwarfRG_unitProperties.jpeg
    58,3 KB · Views: 21
  • aow3_orcFearRG_UnitProperties.jpeg
    aow3_orcFearRG_UnitProperties.jpeg
    78,3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
MC abilities and their lesser version seem buggy (?)

A long time ago, I took screenshots of a Rogue leader and a Rogue hero after they learn the Charm ability. I never posted as I've believed since then that this had been corrected.

1) Train Bards has been researched.
2) Leader's ability is correctly (now) Charm, but note that this ability is sourced to itself (or rather to the Hero upgrade of same name): Charm.
3) Hero's ability is still Lesser Charm. Note that it's correctly sourced to: Hero Upgrade.

I'd rather have:
2) Charm sourced to: Hero Upgrade.
3) Hero having Charm as well.

I don't remember if said Rogue hero just acquired this ability, and perhaps, the correct data is displayed only on the turn following the level up?

Now, currently playing as a Necromancer leader, I'm stumbling again upon some odd behaviour related to lesser versions of MC abilities or spells.
Can you explain this? (v1.27 beta)

4) Summon Banshee is not researched yet.
5) Leader's ability is correctly Lesser Control Undead (though it was proposed Control Undead in the level-up sub-panel), which is source to the Hero upgrade: Control Undead.
6) Hero's ability is Control Undead (and Control Undead was proposedin the level-up sub-panel), which is correctly sourced to: Hero Upgrade.

I'd rather have:
5) Lesser Control Undead sourced to: Hero Upgrade.
6) Hero having Lesser Control Undead as well.
Note that 5) looks consistent with old observation 2), whereas 6) seems to have an "inverted" behaviour as 3) (that is, heroes seem to get the lesser version of MC ability once the empire upgrade has been learnt, and the normal version before...)

On the same game, I got another hero, a Theocrat learning Mighty Meek upgrade:

7) The leader being a Necromancer, this Theocrat hero shouldn't have a chance to get Mighty Meek spell.
8) Upon levelling-up, Mighty Meek hero's upgrade is proposed, and it turns being the Mighty Meek spell, not the Lesser Mighty Meek spell.

Attachments

• aow3_rogueCharmUpgrade0.jpeg
    aow3_rogueCharmUpgrade0.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 26
  • aow3_rogueCharmUpgrade1.jpeg
    aow3_rogueCharmUpgrade1.jpeg
    108,6 KB · Views: 24
  • aow3_rogueCharmUpgrade2.jpeg
    aow3_rogueCharmUpgrade2.jpeg
    100,2 KB · Views: 23
  • aow3_lesserControlUndead.jpeg
    aow3_lesserControlUndead.jpeg
    176,4 KB · Views: 25
  • aow3_lesserControlUndead2.jpeg
    aow3_lesserControlUndead2.jpeg
    192,2 KB · Views: 25
  • aow3_mightyMeekHeroFirstTime.jpeg
    aow3_mightyMeekHeroFirstTime.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 19
  • aow3_mightyMeekHeroSpellLearnt.jpeg
    aow3_mightyMeekHeroSpellLearnt.jpeg
    77,6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
If what I report is normal behaviour, then I don't see why a leader would have a Lesser MC until proper research is conducted (this works fine), and at the same time the heroes would have full version MC...

Would the following change be more correct, then?

PROD_EVAN NAME Produce Evangelist
PROD_EVAN DESCRIPTION "Enables production of the Evangelist in cities with a Theocrat's Conclave. Your Theocrat Leaders and Heroes' Lesser Convert ability is replaced by Convert."
-> "Enables production of the Evangelists in cities with a Theocrat's Conclave. Your Theocrat Leader's Lesser Convert ability is replaced by Convert."

As for the source of those abilities, they are correct for heroes' (i.e. Hero Upgrade), but use the MC's upgrade name for the leader's (i.e. the name of the full version MC ability (e.g. Charm / Convert / ...). Perhaps this can't be fixed, however.

[EDIT]I can confirm a bug here,
and that the screenshots about the rogues, 2 posts above, are still valid.
As I understand things, at least for Rogues and Necromancers, heroes get the normal version of MC abilities while leaders get the lesser version. [EDIT2]<- though provided screenshot don't show this! Waiting for next version before retesting and cleaning these posts[/EDIT2]
Moreover, upon researching the unlock summon/train empire skill, it's the reverse! Heroes' MC abilities are changed to the lesser versions, while leaders' MC abilities are changed to the normal version. I speak about abilities already learnt but I guess that's the same problem for yet-to-be learnt MC abilities. [EDIT2]<- this is shown on the screenshots.[/EDIT2]
[/EDIT]
Screenshots are about the same hero and leader as above, after Summon Banshee was researched.

Attachments

• aow3_controlUndeadAfterBanshee1.jpeg
    aow3_controlUndeadAfterBanshee1.jpeg
    188,9 KB · Views: 18
  • aow3_controlUndeadAfterBanshee2.jpeg
    aow3_controlUndeadAfterBanshee2.jpeg
    189,4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Ok so things to fix for v1.28:
- Twisting Roots fix to redo (cf. v1.26):
* deal with the camera issue https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...amera-focusing-when-spell-is-casting.1126137/
* deal with the randomness of the units targeted by the auto-spell, which means some units might not be affected
=> explore the idea of Hellbrick to change the [Twisted roots unit property] so that Twisted Roots' MP modifier applies after the Floating modifier: http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic...-upgrade-dont-get-immunity-to-twisting-roots/
=> re-explore the way Hellbrick implemented Choking Fumes in the PBEM++ mod (and write down why his implementation might not be satisfactory for what we want to do)
- Units with Regrowth get back to full HP at the beginning of each strategic turn. This also works if they have Cannot Regenerate. It shouldn't! Regeneration works as intended and units with Cannot Regenerate and Regeneration do not get back to full HP at the beginning of the strategic turn. So the way Regrowth regenerates HP from units at the beginning of the strategic turn needs to be changed.
- have a look to see if this vanilla bug can be fixed: https://steamcommunity.com/app/226840/discussions/0/1778262124922418771/ (Tree Crusher causing movement to cost 4 MP instead of 3 MP for Flying units on Dense Vegetation)
- make Stiffen Limbs spirit again
- revert AD19. Twisting Roots cannot start researched
- Solar Spire and Stylite need to be removed from the Arcane Item Forge

Things for me to check:
- Nightshade Fairy's Recruit cost is still too high so they can be obtained from Easy Quests

Description updates:
- check https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...iness-pages-in-the-xml.1125808/#post-25120066 to see how to implement these stuffs from GC48a (v1.26):
* Move the row on “Living city under Necromancer Control” to the “City Happiness Modifiers” page of the ToW. Move the rows on “Race Happiness Rebellious” and “Race Happiness Very Unhappy” to the “Race Happiness Modifiers” page of the ToW.
* Allow the rows on “Minor Race Happiness Penalty” and “Major Race Happiness Penalty” to wrap (currently they’re truncated because they’re too long and do not hold in one line).
- GC47c here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eVOyD2rdiUb4PytVhaKT1rxNiWMquRAlnXw587VwBpg/edit#gid=0
- integrate the description updates on the French localization from Rodmar (cf. Dropbox)

EDIT:
Also to edit for v1.28:
- Animator's Staff (Epic) in Sunken City (Mythical)

EDIT2:
- possible bug to check:
!abilityProperti
es.empty()

FFirstIndex < (int)pAbilities.size()
Invalid first index!

FSelectedIndex >= FFirstIndex && FSelectedIndex < (int)Abilities.size() && FSelectedIndex < FFirstIndex + STRATEGIC_ABILITIES_TO_DISPLAy
Innvalid selected index!

Human Settler building over a Wooden Fortress then click on the short-cut for next unit (Crow)

Cf. https://imgur.com/a/0AYFFFZ

- Frostling AD: no Build Water Fortress available? (to reproduce

EDIT3:
- check the Halfling RG3, Goblin RG5 and upkeep bugs (see folders in Dropbox with Gladis)

EDIT4:
- check Brew Brother's Throw Cleaver not affected by Omen of the Dove

EDIT5:
- incorrect upkeep of Baby Shock Serpent: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cvvfmqe3fhrmq99/Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 7.54.03 PM.png?dl=0

Last edited:
Changelog of v1.28 (provisional):
GC11d
Warbreeds get Greedy (+25% upkeep). Gladiator Pit gives Tamed (-25% upkeep) to Warbreed.

GC19a
Bards get Mind Control Immunity

GC36a
Planetary Alignment gives +100 % RP income for 4 turns (was complete the current research instantly)

GC41j
Shadow Step costs 4 UP for Rogue (was 5) and Necromancer (was 2)

GC45a
Inflict Despair is available at level 5 (was 1)

GC50c
Enemy heroes cannot be targetted by True Resurrect.

GC70
Warbreeds are replaced by Ogres on Destruction Mana Node. Trolls are replaced by Ogres on Ancient Ruins.

GC72
Cure Disease costs no action point and has a 1 turn cooldown (so can be used only once per turn) (was takes all remaining AP)

GC73
Liberated from Raiders (+400 happiness for cities liberated from roamers) last 10 turns (was 15 turns)

GC74
Oyster Reef is affected by Sanctified Sites, Animistic Knowledge and Magical Structures

GC75
Harbours give Maintenance (+5 HP/strategic turn) to friendly Boats in the city’s domain

AD18a
Archdruid heroes can choose Call Ancestral Spirits at level 7 (was 5).

Dr22
Dreadnought heroes can choose Force Field Generator Gear for 7 points at level 13: Units led by this hero get Force Field Generator: self-buff ability that can be used Once per battle for no action point and gives 40% fire, 40% frost and 40% shock protection for 5 turns.

Dr24a
Spy Drones have Night Vision.

Dr25
Great Blacksmith increases sales at your forges: Magma Forge generates +5 gold/turn (in addition to existing -10% gold for Armored)

Dr27
Engineers have Tunneling and can Build Road for 4 gold/hex and Bridges for 48 gold (was 5 gold/hex and 60 gold).

Dr31
Summon Spy Drone costs 60 RP (was 80 RP)

Ro20
Incite Revolt gives -250 Undead Population / turn to Ghoul cities (was one-off -600 when the spell is cast)

Ha21a
Halfling economic RG1: Store House costs 45 less to build (was Store House costs 35 less to build)

Ar04
Obelisk of Undeath do not affect allied units with Curse (was: allied units are also Curse if valid targets)

Fi04a
Tropical Empire gives Inflict Scorching Heat to allied units in your domain (was Inflict Immolation)

Wi03
Summon Lesser Elemental is tier 3 skill (was tier 4)

Missing stuff and other issues in current build:
- Dwarf, High Elf Warbreeds miss Greedy
- Add: "Produced Warbreed units gain Tamed: the unit requires -25% less upkeep." in the description of Gladiator Pit
- The AI does not seem to use Force Field Generator during auto combat
- The PFX of Force Field Generator stays where the unit first used it (and does not follow the unit), a bit like Awaken Spirit used to behave
- Force Field Generator (self-buff) + Swallow Whole = crash
- Halfling RG1: description to update to reflect the 45 instead of 35 gold cost reduction
- Harbor can't be built (cf. issues below with description)
- Gladiator Pit should give "Tamed" and not "Hatched" to Warbreeds
- To check: Incite Revolt is currently giving -600 - 250 (= -850) Undead Population / turn
- Obelisk of Undeath description to update: "Enemy non-Undead" instead of "Non-Undead"
- Trolls also need to be removed from Destruction Node defender sets (and I need to edit the proposed change)

Also, these appear in the log:
[23:52:56][ERROR]City New Turn Spell Property Harbor Property is invalid: Unit Property Effect Harbor Property Maintenance cannot work in a non-sustained spell!
[23:52:56][ERROR]City Upgrade Harbor invalid! Invalid city property!
[23:52:56][ERROR]City upgrade Harbor is invalid and has been ignored!

Remains to be tested on my side:
GC36a
Planetary Alignment gives +100 % RP income for 4 turns (was complete the current research instantly)

GC74
Oyster Reef is affected by Animistic Knowledge, Magical Structures

GC75
Harbours give Maintenance (+5 HP/strategic turn) to friendly Boats in the city’s domain

Last edited:
For v1.28:
- in the log when using the ToW:
[22:13:46][ERROR][HUD_TomeOfWonders]Unit Property Inject Mana Fuel Property has no Icon!
[22:13:50][ERROR][HUD_TomeOfWonders]Unit Property Instant Wrath Property has no Icon!
- not working (by the way I need to rename it, it's just +5 HP/strategic turn, not a stack heal like Fast Healing):
GC75
- fix Cape of Rot's Path of Decay (fix should be pushed for v1.27 too probably)
- Force Field Generator Gear not providing adequate stack priority: the Dreadnought hero can be "non-stack leader" even if the other hero has no stack buff
- Something wrong with Tamed? The Halfling Warbreed with Greedy and Tamed has 20 gold upkeep instead of 16.
- several of the stuff listed here remains to be done: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...velopment-thread.1119915/page-6#post-25308169 (Stiffen Limbs, Regrowth + DM, etc.)
- I guess same for stuff listed here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...velopment-thread.1119915/page-6#post-25308341

Also, I still need to check the Planetary Alignment change.

EDIT:
– Bone Funeral to rename Bone Furnace" cf http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/pbem-balance-mod/page/8/#post-254979

Last edited:
Remaining stuff:
- correct typo: "transforme s" -> "transform" for Transform Air Node.
- check https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...iness-pages-in-the-xml.1125808/#post-25120066 to see how to implement these stuffs from GC48a (v1.26):
* Move the row on “Living city under Necromancer Control” to the “City Happiness Modifiers” page of the ToW. Move the rows on “Race Happiness Rebellious” and “Race Happiness Very Unhappy” to the “Race Happiness Modifiers” page of the ToW.
* Allow the rows on “Minor Race Happiness Penalty” and “Major Race Happiness Penalty” to wrap (currently they’re truncated because they’re too long and do not hold in one line).
- Greedy needs to be removed from Warbreed and added for Warbreeds that are mind-controlled through a combination of MC+Regrowth = Greedy added. If this works, will need to be reproduced for the other Regrowth units.
- Twisting Roots: cf. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...velopment-thread.1119915/page-6#post-25308169
- fix Cape of Rot's Path of Decay (fix should be pushed for v1.27 too probably)
- Animator's Staff (Epic) in Sunken City (Mythical)
- still not working (by the way I need to rename it, it's just +5 HP/strategic turn, not a stack heal like Fast Healing):
GC75

EDIT:
- something is wrong with the upkeep of MCed units:
A (produced) Human Knight has 16 base upkeep, 8 with Bringer of Goodwill and 4 with Bringer of Goodwill + Vow of Poverty (through item). So that's -50% and -75%.
But a mind-controlled Human Knight has 20 base upkeep (16*1.25), 12 with Bringer of Goodwill and 4 with Bringer of Goodwill + Vow of Poverty. In theory, it should have 20/10/5. Or if you consider Volunteer applies only to the base upkeep, it should have 20/12/8 (decrease of 8 and 12 respectively, as for normal Knight).
- remember to turn off early trigger of Planetary Alignment
/EDIT

Also, these ones were not do-able:
- Units with Regrowth get back to full HP at the beginning of each strategic turn. This also works if they have Cannot Regenerate. It shouldn't! Regeneration works as intended and units with Cannot Regenerate and Regeneration do not get back to full HP at the beginning of the strategic turn. So the way Regrowth regenerates HP from units at the beginning of the strategic turn needs to be changed.
Regrowth has a specific way to force regeneration on the strategic map, which can't be modified.

- have a look to see if this vanilla bug can be fixed: https://steamcommunity.com/app/226840/discussions/0/1778262124922418771/ (Tree Crusher causing movement to cost 4 MP instead of 3 MP for Flying units on Dense Vegetation)
Tree Crusher forces movement to 4 MP so can't be changed.

Last edited:
Remaining stuff:
EDIT:
- something is wrong with the upkeep of MCed units:
A (produced) Human Knight has 16 base upkeep, 8 with Bringer of Goodwill and 4 with Bringer of Goodwill + Vow of Poverty (through item). So that's -50% and -75%.
But a mind-controlled Human Knight has 20 base upkeep (16*1.25), 12 with Bringer of Goodwill and 4 with Bringer of Goodwill + Vow of Poverty. In theory, it should have 20/10/5. Or if you consider Volunteer applies only to the base upkeep, it should have 20/12/8 (decrease of 8 and 12 respectively, as for normal Knight).
/EDIT
Could we collect more example (with T4, T2, summoned units, ...) so that we could perhaps find out the formula? Perhaps, there's some rounding. Perhaps, your added multiplier applies to base upkeep as well as to other multipliers.

Do you guys have any plans on reworking the Necromancer ultimate (Age of Death)? As it stands it's a fairly awkward ability to use; most of the time the ghoul armies that spawn from it are far away from your domain and the rest of your army, and usually end up being either fodder for other empires or a drain on the treasury.

Perhaps making it only apply to battles that you fight, and compensating by making it also buff the strength of your undead could make it a bit less unpredictable and frustrating to use.

As it stands it's a fairly awkward ability to use; most of the time the ghoul armies that spawn from it are far away from your domain and the rest of your army, and usually end up being either fodder for other empires or a drain on the treasury.

Well, this is quite powerful: an enemy wins or loses a big battle and suddenly you get a lot of troops there and he has to beat them if he won, or he's in even bigger trouble if he lost. If you don't want the troops, you can disband them (tedious but do-able).
Age of Death is the only ultimate spell which was voted as OP by all the (few) voters: https://www.the-battlefield.com/aow3/index.php?page=bf_poll&pollnumber=35 Most of (all?) the voters were veteran players.

At this stage, there is no plan to change that and I'm not even sure it can be modded like this. Sorry. :p

Remaining issues in v1.28:
- Move the row on “Living city under Necromancer Control” to the “City Happiness Modifiers” page of the ToW. Move the rows on “Race Happiness Rebellious” and “Race Happiness Very Unhappy” to the “Race Happiness Modifiers” page of the ToW.
- Allow the rows on “Minor Race Happiness Penalty” and “Major Race Happiness Penalty” to wrap (currently they’re truncated because they’re too long and do not hold in one line).
- Greedy needs to be removed from Warbreed and added for Warbreeds that are mind-controlled through a combination of MC+Regrowth = Greedy added. If this works, will need to be reproduced for the other Regrowth units. Or Tamed must be made to work (currently Tamed Warbreed and normal Warbreed all have 20 gold upkeep)
- fix Cape of Rot's Path of Decay (fix should be pushed for v1.27 too probably) -> associate it to normal Path of Decay. Insight on that:
The error is apparently caused by the use of a active strategic map ability by a hero, which does not seem possible. Last Rite of Winters also can't be used by heroes/Leaders.
The Construction Marker Icon Link and Construction Marker Link are not necessary: they are used only when duration > 1 and a construction marker is then displayed on the map to indicate something is being "built". Removing them does not impact Path of Decay for Elite Fallen Angels for instance.
- Animator's Staff (Epic) in Sunken City (Mythical) -> is this one fixed?
- still not working (by the way I need to rename it, it's just +5 HP/strategic turn, not a stack heal like Fast Healing):
GC75

New ones:
- Foot Wraping of Power (Epic) in Castle of the Lich King (Mythical)
- Pendant of Trapped Luck (Epic) in Sunken City (Mythical)
- add the latest .xml stuff from Rodmar (from the Dropbox)

EDIT:
For update of v1.28:
- Tournament Square Map renamed Square Small Map
Diggable walls of tournament game flow reduced

- for v1.29: EQ Arcane Item Forge, EQ Grand Palace and The Eternal City are apparently linked to race and so are lost when a city is migrated (or purged or ghouled) to another race, should not.

EDIT2:
- for v1.29: Control Undead for Necro Leaders (when Produce Reanimator not yet researched) lacks its {} value in the description.

EDIT3:
- add an effect for Undead cities for Dread Omen or remove it from the list of valid targets (to prevent AI from casting it for no effect)

EDIT4:
- the battlefield enchantment associated to Thunderstorm (Lord of the Deep) does not display its [} value for turn duration

EDIT5:
- Fire Strike (Dragon Ancestry), Inject Mana Fuel, Force Field Generator and the buff from Touch of Faith, as well as the buffs from Cosmic Events or Festival (e.g. Festival of Evil) must not stack (also to be checked: does Frost Aura stacks)

EDIT6:
- MCI following failed Necromantic Aura check needs to be non-removable by Break Control and non-stealable with Steal Enchantment

EDIT7:
- "Square Small Map" is not properly named and still needs to be renamed

EDIT8:
- Goblin Engineer doesn't have Flash Bomb? (still has Flash Bang)

EDIT9:
- Undeads do not get Regrowth from Shrine of Guardian Angel any more (to be confirmed)

Last edited: