[Mod] ST: New Horizons: A Stellaris Total Conversion

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It just says "?", and doesn't have a tech tag like "tech_starbase_1"?
Sounds like your game is extremely borked, from the files you are meant to start the game with that tech automatically

Code:
tech_starbase_1 = {
      cost = 0
      area = engineering
      category = { industry }
      tier = 0
      start_tech = yes
      ai_update_type = all
      prereqfor_desc = {
         ship = {
            title = "TECH_UNLOCK_OUTPOST_CONSTRUCTION_TITLE"
            desc = "TECH_UNLOCK_OUTPOST_CONSTRUCTION_DESC"
         }
         ship = {
            title = "TECH_UNLOCK_STARPORT_CONSTRUCTION_TITLE"
            desc = "TECH_UNLOCK_STARPORT_CONSTRUCTION_DESC"
         }
      }
      weight = 120
   }

Which tooltip?
The one for upgrade at eacb outpost says that it requires ? Technology to upgrade
As the guy after me said,
Sounds like your game is extremely borked, from the files you are meant to start the game with that tech automatically
your game is most likely broken, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling ST: New Horizons, and disabling all other mods other than the ST: New Horizons submod

So ive checked the files in the new horizons zip technology does show tech_starbase_1 and tech_starbase_3 but not tech_starbase_2

I think this is what is causing the problem

if someone could send me the code for their tech_starbase_2

that would be great.

If not ill have to reinstall

is anyone able to get in contact with the devs of ST: New Horizons? I'm wondering if I'm allowed to post a file straight out of the mod files unzipped from steam workshop

tech_starbase_2 does not exist, I uninstalled and reinstalled twice to be sure. I would suggest just reinstalling, messing with files of another person's mod is not a good idea.

i was wondering if it is just me that is experiencing this problem.

ill reinstall and verify the game integrity

Sorry, what for?
@Walshicus

im having a problem where i cannot upgrade outposts to starbases

I have research tech_starbase_3 so i can upgrade earth starbase but cannot upgrade any outpost
tooltip on out post says requires ? technology to upgrade.

have check the files, the eng tech lists tech_starbase_1 and tech_starbase_3 but no 2

is this a bug?

@Wobpig was going to post his files here

Huh. So what affects the size of the fleet? I know we can get the Selaya and the Kumari for our fleet (though the former is quite rare, by the seems of it) but I never knew we could affect the size of the Xindi fleet. Is it something to do with the Hatchery line?

I said the fleet size DOESN'T vary. It's always a Destroyer and two frigates+the probe itself.

I have extracted a .dds file straight out of the folder for ST: New Horizons. I'm asking if I can post it on the Stellaris Wiki on the page dedicated to the mod.
Of course you can use it for wiki under creative commons license, thanks for asking.

Quick Bug report. Some of the scripted Events seem not to work properly yet. E.g.

In the actual game I am allied and best friends with the Federation, yet the "Eye of the Needle" event still thinks I am not in contact with Starfleet.

Generally the AI seems to be messed up with Le Guin so far, since I play one of the most static Stellaris Games ever. Nothing really happens, no real wars are going on, unless I start them. The Klingons are dorment, yet sit on a huge fleet. Only the Federation does well, since it does, what the Federation does best, assimilating Star Empires via Diplomacy. I know that the AI is not something you guys can fix in the mod.

Something else appears not to work out for the Romulans. The era related ship designs, that changed via event before, just wont happen. As you can see, I am well into TOS and the uniforms go well along with that, but no TOS ships so far, and in my first try, I went all into the 24th century, without having any new era ship design. Only the ones you research (ENT era Destroyer and Cruiser, and the Battlecruiser/Starbird which looks like a early TOS). Just rechecked and now I have the Warbird in the research queue. So are the new designs all researchable now?
STNH 2.2 Quest unresolved.JPG

Last edited:
Quick Bug report. Some of the scripted Events seem not to work properly yet. E.g.

In the actual game I am allied and best friends with the Federation, yet the "Eye of the Needle" event still thinks I am not in contact with Starfleet.

Generally the AI seems to be messed up with Le Guin so far, since I play one of the most static Stellaris Games ever. Nothing really happens, no real wars are going on, unless I start them. The Klingons are dorment, yet sit on a huge fleet. Only the Federation does well, since it does, what the Federation does best, assimilating Star Empires via Diplomacy. I know that the AI is not something you guys can fix in the mod.

Something else appears not to work out for the Romulans. The era related ship designs, that changed via event before, just wont happen. As you can see, I am well into TOS and the uniforms go well along with that, but no TOS ships so far, and in my first try, I went all into the 24th century, without having any new era ship design. Only the ones you research (ENT era Destroyer and Cruiser, and the Battlecruiser/Starbird which looks like a early TOS). Just rechecked and now I have the Warbird in the research queue. So are the new designs all researchable now?
View attachment 459245

Regarding ships for United Earth, for the Klingon Empire, and the Romulan Star Empire, all ships are now RESEARCH SPECIFIC techs. So if your unlucky, you could in theory have some ship classes for later eras not showing up in your research tree.

Unless some kind of weird bug has happened that is actually REMOVING the other era's ship techs, you should be able to get them.

(the first bit italicized because this is something that's been said several times by the Mod Devs, by other users, and a few by me)

STNH 2.2 Shrike.JPG
Now don't we all like those bits of smug persona in all the world wide web forums. I shall really dread the Italics now!!!

Anyhow, the ship design advancement works in my current game, yet it is behind the time progression, even though I totally focused on research and are far ahead of all other empires, even ahead of the Federation. So the solution might be flawed a bit, since it really needed focused research and that +1 research alternatives to get Romulan era 2 interceptor designs in 2280.

Reaching this point I hit another tiny bug, regarding the used ship models. I deem all 4 variants that I can build should show the same model. Yet while the sections Interceptor, Space Superiority and Experimental Spinal Mount all show the white TOS warbird, the Medium Weapon Emplacement gives me the ST Armada Shrike model, which was used for era 3 and 4 in the previous installments of NH.

It's not smug, so much as annoyance when something that's been talked about repeatedly, especially the mod devs given they've made it big parts of the last update, come in and ask "Like, what's the big deal why is this happening in my game?"

And yes, that's going to happen with time progression due to the random nature that is Stellaris's tech system.