[Mod] ST: New Horizons: A Stellaris Total Conversion

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do you guys feel about the annoucement of star trek infinite?

Have you guys been approached to assist with the game?

Going by the trailer it looks like a very very basic version of new horizons still based on the stellaris engine.

New Horizons will blow this game out of the water and will continue to do so for a long time yet to come
Hmm, I've got a bad feeling about this, I don't trust Paradox anymore, and I wouldn't be surprised if they try to shut this mod down because of Infinite.

Reactions:
A new patch and a hotfix has been released:

NHV 2303 Legends - (98efbd) Cloak and Daggers (Main patch. Notice however that the hotfix number stated below the latest version!)

Game Setup:

3.7 Compat - Basic compatibility for the 3.7.2 release, including vanilla updates, improvements and fixes.
3.7 Cloaking - all owners of the "First Contacts" DLC will get access to the new cloaking mechanics, granting access to the tiered cloaking components.
3.7 Anti-Cloak - Players who own the "First Contacts" DLC will have access to the anti-cloak technology tree

Cloaking - Players who do not own "First Contacts" DLC will gain access to our Cloaking 2.1 update, which makes use of the evasion bonus on all ships that are "cloaked"

Starbase Battles Rework - Our aim is to create powerful Starbases at the higher levels, yet ensure there is a fair chance for starships to reach and engage them in battle.
- Starbase Beam Weapon base range has been decreased and fire-rate slowed down
- Weapons remain powerful and still pack a punch.
- Tracking and Weapon range scales as you move through the Starbase levels.
- Defense Stations have been revamped, with light versions adding firepower and range & Large stations/Drydocks provided a repair aura
- Light Defense Stations are now designable via the shipbuilder menu.

Q-pedia - We have added a new help framework within the game, when talking with Q (via the contacts menu) you can find the answers to many questions about how STNH works.

Setup - New Orbital Weapons platforms, buildable via the megastructure menu allow you to provide extra defensive cover to critical systems or planets.
Setup - Kessok Technicians can produce more energy on hot planets
Setup - Non-Dominion Races can complete a special project to remove Ketracel White dependancy if there is a KW shortage.
Setup - Borg Transwarp Apertures weight lowered and they favour Hubs.
Setup - Borg Warp Cores produce a bit more energy to compensate for extra required components
Setup - Politics Tradition updated for to work with STNH
Setup - Vau N'Akat added as a new Fallen Empire, with the Drednok added as their machine enforcers.
Setup - Xindi Probe difficulty has been re-scaled in line with feedback
Setup - Early Warp Tech progression updated to provide a smoother ride through the warp engine techs.
Setup - Various Federation events are removed from random maps.
Setup - New icons for Fleet Admiral & Rear Admiral
Setup - Stealth Components provide an enermy accuracy debuff
Setup - Borg Should want to build their bigger ships more often.
Setup - Pathetic empires should be less inclined to throw themselves at the Borg
Setup - Borg should prefer wars against empires with better technology.
Setup - Holopops less inclined to go straight to the servant job role.
Setup - Trader Jobs & Terminal Starport Scaling Changes
Setup - Clerk/Ruler Empire Sprawl Fix/Changes
Setup - Auto Research is now unlockable via Automation Tradition tree
Setup - Stealth Tech now provides an evasion bonus

Mechanics:

Mechanics - Challenge Mode, includes an extra option to increase wars particuarly if you are powerful. This should make games more challenging even when you have built a strong military force.
Mechanics - Federation Council now has new options when managing member worlds
Mechanics - Mercenary Enclaves are now enabled for certain empires
Mechanics - New escape pod mechanic gives a chance that if a science or military ship with a leader onboard gets destroyed, the leader will be recoverable
Mechanics - New diplomatic options added via the Galactic Forum megastructure once you unlock the Politics Traditions
Mechanics - New option to prevent ships traveling into deep space systems

Events:

Events - Romulan War chain expanded with a few additional options, it should now also have a greater chance to fire.
Events - Iconian Invasion. A deadly ancient empire has returned
Events - The Dominion War arc now has a new chain of events covering the Cardassian Liberation Front & will join the war against the Dominion.
Events - Battle of Algeron event, will you sacrifice to protect the lives of your Klingon rivals?
Events - Romulan War will only trigger when neighbouring Romulan Empire
Events - Attacks by Romulans may trigger Babel to unite allies.
Events - New Espionage Operations added.
Events - Send ships to museum fleet or mothball fleet options added for Naval Museums
Events - Build Daystrom Institute Deposit on Capital after Richard Daystrom dies (if he is over Level 5)
Decisions - Send a medical team to boost planet pop growth
Decisions - Send a team to help boost planetary Consumer Goods production
Heroes - Admiral Anderson unique portrait.
Heroes - Hero leader Jett Reno added.
Sound - Breen Voice Over sounds added

Maps - ST Picard series 3 systems added to Lore Maps
Maps - Fixed a few gaps between quadrants on Lore Maps

GFX:

Ships - Science Flagships removed from ship builder menu if not used to avoid confusion.
Ships - Improved textures & Model for Starfleet Engle Class (Thanks to Pundus)
Ships - Farragut Class added to ships of the line
Ships - SS Eleos added as a bonus science ship and added to Maquis ship fleet.
Ships - Federation Class Refit section is no longer a downgrade.
Ships - Shangri-La & Pathfinder added to ships of the line options
Ships - Borg Pyramid Class can now equip fighters
Ships - Romulan Praetor Class Battleship from SNW added (Thanks to Pundus)
DX11 - Excelsior, Miranda, New Orleans, Galaxy, Nebula, Nimitz, Cardenas, Defiant, all Borg Ships & Starbase
2D - Strange New Worlds variant of the TOS uniforms added.
2D - Picard season 3 uniforms updated to reflect show. (silver pips!)
2D - Additional Klingon Portraits & Ruler Outfit added
UI - New UI for empire selection screen added
UI - New Mod front page screen for Legacy Version.

Fixes:

Fix - Tradition localisation has been reviewed and the effects information should now display correctly once again.
Fix - The Borg Pyramid no longer has 2 identical console slots.
Fix - Iwo Jima Terran Decal now fixed.
Fix - Number of uniforms fixed, including TOS mirror
Fix - Missing Klingon Ship Icons added
Fix - Battle Bridge icon added
Fix - Borg cannot build a Catapult in the same system as an existing gateway
Fix - Romulan War ship ambush will now spawn against any ship in the fleet, but prefers idle ships
Fix - Mass-Scale Population Engineering is properly locked down
Fix - Minor fixes to Romulan War
Fix - Various components fixed including Starfleet Crews, Science Ships, which should aid with tech progression.
Fix - Klingon gunboats restored to working order including new 3D models for both variants.
Fix - Dabo Girls are back in business
Fix - Starbase defence station GFX fixed, including new models.
Fix - North Star Spawn Location fixed for Lore Maps.
Fix - Khitomer Event will not fire or continue if Klingons declare War on you.
Fix - ENT Shuttlepod will now retire correctly
Fix - Distillery buildings have now been fixed... Cheers!
Fix - Robot Species rights should no longer force Borg to be slaves
Fix - Orbital Capitals 2 will convert to Borg Capital 2
Fix - Enterprise B (science vers) unlocks at Lakota level
Fix - Kai Winn no longer spawns as a general
Fix - Fixed Mount Multiphasic Sensors
Fix - Stations auto upgrading should work better.
Fix - Excelsior Flagship Warp Drives
Fix - Enterprise D ship build restrictions fixed.
Fix - Manage member worlds, upgrade starbases should now work for outposts
Fix - Borg Orbital Canon weapon slots
Fix - Borg Nanite production balanced
Fix - APU assembling fix
Fix - Borg assimilation wont trigger on orbital canons or Deep Space Stations.
Fix - Zakdorn Clothing file fixed.
Fix - Quantum Torpedoes upgrade path

Localisation - Numerous localisation updates, fixes, and translations

And the hotfix:

NHV 2303 Legends - (a2cd4b8) Cloak and Daggers"

3.7.3 - Compatibility

Fix - Player Country name localisation fix
Fix - Starbases starting with 0 weapons fixed
Fix - Incoming asteroid event toned down
Fix - Klingon Noble House faction name localisation
Fix - Vau N'Akat & Hur'Q should now correctly start as Fallen Empires.
Fix - Lore Map start-up time reduced.
Fix - NX-01 should no longer cause Trellium deficit.
Fix - Phaser tech should be correctly granted on new game start.
Fix - Missing localisation for anti-cloaking components added
Fix - Edosian Science Ship localisation
Fix - War name localisation fixed.
Fix - United Earth Starting Phasers
Fix - Son'a starbase weapons balanced
Fix - CTD when using random maps
Fix - Random maps & mirror maps not spawning buildings properly on new game start.
Fix - Starbase/stationary ship leaders will no longer be invited on missions that require movement.
Fix - Federation member broken name localisation fixed.

Setup - Ship speed slowdown mode added via Q-menu
Setup - Survey speed decreased
Setup - Confederacy of Earth uses new cloak system (DLC)
Setup - Added retirement options for Norway & Sagan.
2D - New Klingon portraits added including new Augmented skins (credit - transfemgodgamer)
Ships - Duderstadt Class added as a new skin for the Excelsior II/Obena tradition ship. (Awesome model by Pundus Art)

UI - 3.7.2 UI updates
Is there a download for this patch? I have game version 3.7.2 but i could not find a New Horizon version which fits?! Thank you :)

Is there a download for this patch? I have game version 3.7.2 but i could not find a New Horizon version which fits?! Thank you :)

There is STNH 3.7.4 version available currently on the Steam Workshop in Carre Workshop:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2986620495

EDIT: Also if you go to the mod´s Discord and there to stnh_talk and there open the pinned messages there should a link there that should probably have some 3.7.2 version of the mod available to download. Although if I remember right that 3.7.4 version has less bugs on average.

Last edited:
Dear developers of Star Trek: New Horizons.

Could you join forces with New Civilizations and make a joint mod together. Because I'm already tired of switching between two similar and at the same time different modifications. They have more ships and components for them while you have a better tech tree. In NV, the systems are built randomly, and you are selective, although the Map itself is far from accurate and it is very difficult to build a neutral zone. And one more problem that is worth paying attention to, the empires are destroying each other, while I have time to build the Federation, the small states are disappearing. You can make it so that there are less non-canonical wars or let it be an occupation, according to the principle of Bajor, the system belongs to the Cardassians, but the government remains on the planet.

New Horizons also has a problem with slowing down the flow of time. The more the years go by, the more slowly the days pass. Until 2400, one day can pass in 5 or even 10 seconds, it is very tiring to wait so long. In the New Civilizations, it is not so noticeable, but there is another problem of delay or anticipation of events.

Actually, that's all, it seems. I just want to say, I wrote to you personally, only because I can't use Steam or anywhere else. And this is what I wanted to say for a long time.

Oh, and a request from the Ukrainian community. You can add UA translation, I am ready to provide it, I can translate the "localisation" folder myself, if necessary.

A new patch has been released:

NHV 1209 Captain, make it so! - (a97f19)

3.9 Compat Patch

3.9 - Basic compatibility updates
3.9 - GUI updates and improvements
3.9 - Localisation updates, changes and fixes.

Setup - New canon mode enabled at the start for players who wish to remove some randomness and play canon. (WIP - feedback events you want to see added to this mode.)
Setup - Combat system updated to v2.1 with feedback from community, major update to torpedo speeds and fleet tactics.
Setup - UFP can no longer use the vassal preset, instead have a unique associate member preset
Setup - Borg can convert habitats to subcomplexes.
Setup - Certain story-based hero leaders are provided to nations, with upkeep costs adjusted to cover.
Setup - Trigger conditions for Battle of the Binary Stars updates
Setup - Additional Borg Councilors added to the collective.
Setup - New Leader backgrounds, for Fed/Terrans/Confed, Borg, Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians, Ferengi & Dominion
Setup - Random maps updated to create better randomness and empire selection.
Setup - Various hero portraits updated.
Setup - Various performance fixes and script optimisation

Balance - Obsidian Order recruit trait is more widely available
Balance - Certain AI personality types updated to be more in line with Trek.
Balance - Updates to the way in which the Dominion recruits to be more in line with existing mechanics.
Balance - Redundant job types streamlined to improve performance.
Balance - Primitives should nuked themselves a little less

Multiplayer:

Setup - Various events streamlined for MP to avoid desync
Setup - New game setup for MP optimised.

Events:

Events - Request a Truce mechanic added to galactic diplomacy events

Ships:

Ships - Type 11 & 14 sections added to Danube refit.
Ships - New Excelsior Class model by Pundus added
Ships - New Dominion Attack Ship model by Pundus added.

Maps:

Maps - Additional DMZ planet systems added along the Fed/Cardassian border in the lore maps
Maps - Multiple improvements to all random maps.

Fixes:

Fix - Major CTD when new vassals are converted to Dominion Members fixed.
Fix - Early contact with fallen empires should now be cleared on day 1.
Fix - Borg Colonizer, borg can recolonise Z (Borg) class planets
Fix - Mega Shipyards naming bug.
Fix - 3 year mission requirement trait for engineers
Fix - Art Aficionado Trait fix
Fix - Custom workaround to new empires with missing names bug.
Fix - North Star colony should now appear again as part of the Xindi Arc.
Fix - Klingon Council mechanic will now obey the 2-year pop-up event selection.
Fix - Klingon Praxis event will no longer repeat if you say no to it.
Fix - Bones retirement option now takes advantage of the new change leader code.
Fix - Ferengi & Karemma should now build on their open holdings slots.
Fix - Genetic modification fixes added in for the Dominion.

Dear developers of Star Trek: New Horizons.

Could you join forces with New Civilizations and make a joint mod together. Because I'm already tired of switching between two similar and at the same time different modifications. They have more ships and components for them while you have a better tech tree. In NV, the systems are built randomly, and you are selective, although the Map itself is far from accurate and it is very difficult to build a neutral zone. And one more problem that is worth paying attention to, the empires are destroying each other, while I have time to build the Federation, the small states are disappearing. You can make it so that there are less non-canonical wars or let it be an occupation, according to the principle of Bajor, the system belongs to the Cardassians, but the government remains on the planet.

New Horizons also has a problem with slowing down the flow of time. The more the years go by, the more slowly the days pass. Until 2400, one day can pass in 5 or even 10 seconds, it is very tiring to wait so long. In the New Civilizations, it is not so noticeable, but there is another problem of delay or anticipation of events.

Actually, that's all, it seems. I just want to say, I wrote to you personally, only because I can't use Steam or anywhere else. And this is what I wanted to say for a long time.

Oh, and a request from the Ukrainian community. You can add UA translation, I am ready to provide it, I can translate the "localisation" folder myself, if necessary.

As the two mods started together, but have since branched out into separate directions I don´t think it seems likely that they would join together in the near future.

Also for the Ukrainian translation, I think there might be some issue with support for the language in Stellaris, but probably the best place to ask more about it is in the mod´s Discord.

As the two mods started together, but have since branched out into separate directions I don´t think it seems likely that they would join together in the near future.

Also for the Ukrainian translation, I think there might be some issue with support for the language in Stellaris, but probably the best place to ask more about it is in the mod´s Discord.
Thanks for the answer. I didn't know these two mods were made by the same team. But it would still be nice to take the best of them and combine them to fill in the gaps. There is also the issue of the Romulan War, the Tomed incident and the Cardassian War, the Setlik III conflict. During the Dominion War, there is no Federation, Klingon, and Romulan alliance.
Oh, and I'm glad you finally added the Iconian Invasion at the end, but then you should also add the Khytomir Alliance and the Delta Alliance, as well as the Dyson Sphere event and the opposite of Voth. Star Trek New Horizons does a great job.
It's relevant what you think about Star Trek Infinity and if there will be any expansions from you in that direction, because from what I understand they have decided to focus on one era, New Generation.
P.S. In which Discord section should I write? And I don't think I have permission

QUESTION FOR THE DEVS:

What are any of the things in Star Trek Infinite that would be able to make this mod better?

Were they able to do anything you can't do due to their access to the source code?

Is there any talk of porting aspects of this mod into Infinite to take advantage of any of the changes they made?

QUESTION about UEF Unification ...

Okay had a Fed with some Nations and they asked if that event should trigger to make the UEF , but as I was still struggling with my own area and Andorian was missing ... I rejected .

Found that this event could be triggered under EDICTS, but cost 500 influence ...
now after some years I have that 500 and my area is somehow stable and wanted to trigger that event !

NOW IT IS GONE ...

had this event a time limit
or
do I need something else that it shows up again ? Or only a console command will help ? If so, could someone tell me how

Thanks a lot

PS: Woow your mod is now a lot more interesting as that stupid dumbed down ST:Infinite ... ONLY THING THERE. what was a little bit fun, is that MISSION TREE from HOI :D
So THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK , you should have been allowed instead to publish your mod as an ADD ON for Stellaris and be able to use the source code and earn some money !

OKAY COUKD ANSWER IT MYSELF , not possible when at war (Even haven't known we are at war LOL)

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer. I didn't know these two mods were made by the same team. But it would still be nice to take the best of them and combine them to fill in the gaps. There is also the issue of the Romulan War, the Tomed incident and the Cardassian War, the Setlik III conflict. During the Dominion War, there is no Federation, Klingon, and Romulan alliance.
Oh, and I'm glad you finally added the Iconian Invasion at the end, but then you should also add the Khytomir Alliance and the Delta Alliance, as well as the Dyson Sphere event and the opposite of Voth. Star Trek New Horizons does a great job.
It's relevant what you think about Star Trek Infinity and if there will be any expansions from you in that direction, because from what I understand they have decided to focus on one era, New Generation.
P.S. In which Discord section should I write? And I don't think I have permission

Just join the mod´s Discord, if you haven´t already and then choose appropriate roles from "roles-n-access" on the left side of your screen under "INFORMATION" drop down menu. (So roles like "ST:NH Community" and "Community Hub")

QUESTION FOR THE DEVS:

What are any of the things in Star Trek Infinite that would be able to make this mod better?

Were they able to do anything you can't do due to their access to the source code?

Is there any talk of porting aspects of this mod into Infinite to take advantage of any of the changes they made?

The mod´s official statement has stayed the same:

"We at PDG are in no way affiliated with or involved in Star Trek Infinite. We are primarily focused on continuing to develop STNH, to make that the best Star Trek mod for Stellaris as this always is our mission. Thanks for your support as always. PDG Team"

New patches have been released, with the latest version currently being: NHV 2310 Captain, make it so! - (53fb6d)

3.9.2 - NHV 2310 Captain, make it so! - (f2e877)

3.9.2 - Basic Compat Changes
3.9.2 - Localisation Changes, Fixes and Updates

Setup - Numerous performance improvements and optimisations.
Setup - AI districts & building improvements
Setup - UFP can now fund the creation of specific building on member world planets via 'Manage Member World'

Events:

Event - Galactic Expedition events moved over to a new system, with improved reliability and ease of use
Event - Strange New Worlds hero leaders are now recruited via successful expeditions using Pike or Kirk.
Event - Major overhaul of the Cardassian Border Wars canon war.

2D:
2D - A number of hero portraits updated and improved.

Fixes:
Fix - Gorn Scanner correctly limited to the Gorn.
Fix - Galactic Market formation, now includes all the correct resources.
Fix - Jupiter/Gas Giant Textures fixed.
Fix - Iconian Dig site events will now fire correctly
Fix - AI district building improvements
Fix - Borg Re-Colonizer ship model no longer merged with probe!
Fix - Various fixes and improvements to the Narendra III event
Fix - Trip Tuckers dodgy hairdresser has been sacked

NHV 2310 Captain, make it so! - (263cd3)

3.9.3 - Basic Compat

Balance - Small increase to Starbase Cap modifiers, pending a review of the system next major release.

Fix - Removed over eager Warp pop-up
Fix - Fixed an issue that could cause Expedition ships to fail to return home
Fix - Sarek Backstory localisation

NHV 2310 Captain, make it so! - (53fb6d)

Balance - Hero Leader Traits tuned down, full review as part of next release
Balance - Automatic Research moved to a T0 tech (requires new start)

Fix - Expedition fixes, ships and leaders should now correctly be locked and unlocked at start and finish. Recommend running event STH_fix.170 from console to reset leaders/ships
Fix - Internal security policy modifier has been aligned.

You are probably glad to know I bought Star Trek Infinite, played it for four hours and realised it was a waste of money as you have created an amazing mod that feels like a full game, that is a true labour of love and allows one to really immerse oneself into the universe. So thank you.

• 4Like
Reactions:
A new patch as well as a whole new Pre-TNG Era Scenario Mode and a submod for it have been released:

"NHV 1223 Next Generation - (f63caa)"

3.10 - Next Generations

Next Generations Release:

TNG - Pre-TNG Era Scenario Mode - Starting at the dawn of a new century, experience the STNH universe at the beginning of a new unexplored era of Trek history.
TNG - 2x New Pre-TNG Maps - Play on two new maps set up to reflect the galaxy at the start of 2300s. with each empire advanced to the new time period.
TNG - Pre-TNG Technology advancement - Selecting the new maps will automatically advance the galaxy technology into the pre-TNG "Lost Era".
TNG - Leader Graphical Refresh - We have refreshed our hero leaders with brand new portraits, with realistic images of nearly all human/close-human heroes, with a roster of new portraits which will expand with time.
TNG - Hero Leader Refresh - A full review of leader traits and roles in line with Stellaris 3.10 release. Some leaders will now be granted via recruitment events rather than handed out yearly.
TNG - Warp Travel Update - Level 5 warp engines and upwards will now have access to "maximum warp" utilisating the jump-drive mechanic to fast travel to a surveyed system. Creating new tactical situations to use and handle.
TNG - New Expedition rewards - Expeditions can now reward players with unique leaders as well as a wider influence on the wider galaxy.

Events:

Events - Dominion War Story Arc - We have refreshed and re-written our Dominion War Story arc to use the situation mechanic, allowing players to shape the build up to the war or usher in a new era of peace
Events - Klingon Civil War Story Arc - Experience the Klingon Civil War from the perspective of the Klingon Empire, UFP or Romulan Star Empire.
Events - Tomed Event Update - The Tomed Incident has been updated and expanded to become a key launching point for the 2300 century galaxy.
Events - Raiding Mechanic - Empires with a history of raiding can now plan and execute raids on neighouring worlds to obtain resources, but at the risk of creating a diplomatic incident.
Events - Ensign Ro - Recruit Ensign Ro via an event based on her first appearance on TNG.
Events - Caretaker event has been re-worked to use the situation mechanic, available for the Cardassian, Federation and Romulan Empires.
Events - Distress Call event buffed
Events - The Borg Queen will now lead the Borg as an immortal leader, who is replaced should she be killed, how does this work? Don't think in such linear ways... :)
Events - Additional rewards for First contact missions.
Events - Klingon Empire can now grant and remove whole systems from its Great Houses depending on how honourable they feel.
Events - Additional stories added to the Gamma Quadrant Wormhole expedition situations.
Events - Various new leaders added including, but not limited to Jack Crusher, Sydney & Alandra La Forge & Demora Sulu

Balance:

Balance - Starbase upkeep modifiers have been added as part of Starbase upgrade tech research
Balance - Leader traits reviewed and have undergone a balance pass
Balance - Starting pops have been reduced across the game, with jobs balanced to reflect these changes.
Balance - Small Balance changes made to a number of overpowered/underpowered ships.
Balance - Leader roles updated to reflect the merge of admirals and generals.
Balance - Kemocite should now be more abundant as well as being found as a depost on planets.
Balance - Ship evasion has been nerfed.

Graphics:

UI - Brand New UI Interface - We have introduced a brand new UI interface providing a completely new look and authentic Trek feel to STNH.
UI - UI Animations - Our event pictures have undergone a makeover adding in an experience completely unique to New Horizons.
UI - New empire borders added to refresh and update the look of the map.
UI - New grid borders added to the map celebrating the look of games such as BOTF.
2D - 2410s uniform added for Starfleet
2D - Human/Near-Human portraits updated for heroes and regular pops.
2D - A number of Klingon hero leaders portraits updated.ne
2D - Planet rings updated to be more visable.

Ships:

Ships - Miranda "Saratoga Refit" added to complete the Miranda Class line-up

Fixes:

Fix - Science Ship section build bug fixed
Fix - Multiple edge case uniform issues fixed as a result of the leader changes
Fix - UFP should convert to the correct gov type 2150/2300 modes
Fix - Borg Wolf 359 event should now trigger the next stage of the invasion on the Cube reaching its destination.
Fix - Terraform decision event has now been fixed to allow you to restore nuked worlds.
Fix - Borg Council formation has been fixed to correctly grant all appropriate positions
Fix - Additional Special Projects created to allow trait families to work in a more seamless manner.
Fix - Blank Rebel Names corrected
Fix - Fixed a scenario that prevented certain event countries from being able to bombard planets.
Fix - Election weights updated to ensure more appropriate ruler candidates.
Fix - A number of important fixes to the Andromedan Crisis
Fix - Sam Kirk no longer looks like Ortegas!

Performance:

Perf - New game load performance improvements implemented
Perf - Numerous events and mechanics streamlined to provide game performance improvements.

Numerous fixes, improvements and translations added to the game.

! IMPORTANT NEXT GENERATION TNG ERA INFORMATION !

- TNG mode is activated via the 2 Pre-TNG Era Maps only.
- It is recommended to run with the submod, as this changes the date and removes certain empires
- If you run without the submod and want to play UFP, select them from the Empire screen NOT United Earth/Vulcan/Andor or Tellar
- Starting date only changes with the submod
- There is a known 2-5min wait on loading the map, this is where the techs are added and the map is sorted.
- We have reduced this as far as possible for now... moaners will be fed to the Gorn.

Reactions:

NHV 1223 Next Generation - (9b5bd4)

ST:New Horizons - Next Generations Hotfix #1

Ships:

Ships - Gagarin-Class Tactical Crusier added as a Ship of the Line Tradition reward.

Balance:

Balance - Serveral behind the scenes improvements to AI econ plans made to use the scaling plans added to vanilla.
Balance - AI starting conditions reviewed and updated as part of a continual process to improve AI performance.
Balance - Pop/Job balance review in light of pop numbers and performance improvements.
Balance - Small adjustments to levels of Magnesite and Trellium-D

GFX:

2D - Small update to Denobulan hair
GUI - Reported event pictures fixes implemented.
GUI - Occupied map icon fix.

TNG Era:

TNG - Minor countries starting tech aligned with Medium/Majors.
TNG - Vulcan Civil War event gated and will no longer trigger in 2300s
TNG - Following feedback from Beta team and suggestions a number of essential older techs are now researchable.
TNG - Starbases now have era appropriate defenses at their disposal.
TNG - Small adjustments to the TNG tech progression, making it slightly easier to unlock ship classes at appropriate time periods.
TNG - Akyazi Class added to the UFP starting roster.

Fixes:

Fix - Constructors can now equip Lv8 Warp drives again
Fix - Dr Phlox stint as a human woman has come to an end. (Phlox likes to think he looked better before the fix.
Fix - UE now start with the USS Franklin once again.
Fix - Caretaker Situation will now close down properly following its completion.
Fix - MU Borg will now have a Borg King instead of Queen.
Fix - Borg leader traits will no longer appear for non-borg
Fix - Shapeshifter trait now correctly locked to Founders.
Fix - Romulan Decius leader will no longer spawn indefinately.
Fix - Capital world starbases should now be able to repair other ships from day 1.
Fix - Various uniform fixes for both 2150/2300 starts
Fix - Overspawning leader issues
Fix - Confederacy will no longer build Utopia Planitia and their own shipyard.
Fix - Random empires will no longer involve themselves in UFP council events.
Fix - Numerous fixes for Naval museum in TNG era, as well as the ability to recommission the Constitution

Numerous fixes, improvements and translations added to the game.

Paradox may or may not, but Paramount getting a bee in their bonnet over it is also a possibility.

In my experience, not likely. Not likely that Paramount could really do much about it. Nor could Paradox. Its a mod created by users, not by a company.

When I say "experience," I mean going back to 2003 I've played a baseball simulation game that never had an MLB license until 2010, I think it was. Users were able to create logos and share them across the board. The game was fully customizable, in that you could name the teams whatever you wanted (and still can with the latest versions of the game, obviously.) Its just in the pre-license days, the developer themselves couldn't create and disseminate the logos. So as long as this remains a mod created by individual users not associated (on the payroll) of Paradox, there isnt really anything anyone can do about it.

Reactions:

NHV 0124 Next Generation - (2753cc)

ST:New Horizons - Next Generations Hotfix #2

Balance - Various balance updates for empires, including but not limited to Dominion, and most minors empires
Balance - Mining and Consumer Goods balance improvements to help tackle early game deficits.
Balance - Terran Empire / MU starting set up and starting balance updated
Balance - Total Conquest 'War Goal' Updated.
Balance - Medusans no-longer a food consuming species
Balance - Trill Leaders no longer quite so long lived.

Traditions - Vanilla Traditions updated to match base game updates where appropriate

Gameplay - Federation Associates granted a number of UFP benefits.

Pre-TNG Mode:

TNG - Additional TNG techs unlocked and added to start up gathered from feedback provided.
TNG - Many events opened up to TNG era.
TNG - Daystrom, MIDAS and a number of appropriate decisions unlocked for TNG era.
TNG - Cloaking tech progression should now worth smoother in TNG era.
TNG - Tech Slowdown mode implemented for TNG era starts.
TNG - Naval cap and command limit progression ironed out.
TNG - Major update to "years passed" limiting to work better with TNG Era.

Mirror Universe:

MU - a number of improvements made to the Coalition of Hope start.

GFX:

2D - Gorn and Borg Gorn portraits updated
2D - Starfleet Medical Uniforms updated across multiple eras.

Events:

Mechanic - New Starship materials reclaim mechanic added. Following the building of a new megastructure a portion of materials collected from disbanded military ships.
Events - Cause & Effect event updated to include Morgan Bateson.
Events - First Contact Rewards reviewed and updated.
Events - Mirror Universe Invasion moved to an endgame crisis (TNG era)
Q-pedia - Undine/Species 8472 Q-pedia entries added

Leaders:

Leaders - Many leaders homeplanets added (reflected on fresh start)
Leader - DrMcoy portrait progression updated
Leaders - 2 x Ent Era heroes added (Balthazar Edison and Gannet Brooks (MU/Confed/Terra)
Leaders - UFP Admiral progression updated from Fleet Captain to Commodore --> Fleet Admiral
Leaders - Various Terran Leaders Updated

Ships:

Ships - Romulan Vasteme Class added (based on Romulan design from Lower Decks.)

Fixes:

Fix - Fixed an issue which was breaking the formation of the Terran Empire, with all subjects back in their rightful place.
Fix - Klingon Houses removed on joining UFP
Fix - Various leader portraits fixed, including Sam Kirk and Ortegas.
Fix - Naked Doctors have put some clothes on!
Fix - Xindi & North Star spawning following the Xindi Crisis has been fixed so that both empires will spawn correctly.
Fix - Klingon Houses removed on joining UFP, rather than going rogue.
Fix - Empire starting civillian ship numbers corrected.
Fix - Kelpians should now be correctly generated on TNG era start
Fix - Illyrians should be correctly created on the lore maps.
Fix - Borg King should now replace Borg Queen on MU maps and should auto-correct for existing saves.
Fix - Pakled Member World tech now properly unlocked when researched.
Fix - Later era construction vessel warp drives corrected
Fix - A number of Klingon Bird of Prey ships had the wrong warp core level.
Fix - Manually selecting Delta Quadrant races via the start event should no longer bomb out.
Fix - Multiplayer 2000 map should now be correctly treated as a random map.

A new patch is here!

NHV 0224 Next Generation - (2c90ae)

ST:New Horizons - Next Generations Hotfix #3

3.11.1 Compat Included

Gameplay:

Setup - STNH Crises can now be disabled via the Q menu for players who do not wish to experience these events.
Setup - You can now play in Sandbox mode, which disabled all but the critical story events, for a completely sandbox type experience.
Setup - The Odds of the Bajoran Wormhole spawning during the 2360s has been greatly increased whilst in TNG Era Mode.
Setup - Major or Significant Powers will now only be able to be made into UFP Member Worlds if the Federation has a higher relative power than them.
Setup - Drone Leaders no longer require an upkeep, but have been slightly lowered in starting quality
Setup - Admiral Rank traits have been updated to flow from Commodore > Rear > Fleet Admirals
Setup - Fleet Captain Trait added.
Setup - New resource processing module now available for Starbases.
Setup - New war goal called Annexation added making it slightly easier to capture minor empires without making them full subjects.
Setup - New agreement type 'annexation' added akin to the relationship between Cardassia and Bajor during the occupation.
Setup - Deep Space Nine / Terok Nor will now change hands if captured rather than being destroyed.
Setup - A number of performance improvements and script refinements included to improve late game performance.
Setup - Ferengi Alliance Updated to include Hupyrian and Dopterian species.

Mechanic - New option added to the Federation Council menu to remove member world fleets and prevent them for building ships.
Balance - A number of leader traits reviewed and balanced.

Pre-TNG:

TNG - A number of Klingon Techs added to their startup setup.
TNG - Tholians now start with more appropriate starting contacts.
TNG - Maquis events will now work with TNG era on forming a NZ with Cardassia (also included with 2150 start)
TNG - Additional techs unlocked as suggested in feedback forum
TNG - Years passed option removed from Tradition ships, traditions will still unlock in the correct era, but researchable as soon as unlocked.

Events:

Event - Seven of Nine Recruitment mission added to the Federation version of the Voyager Situation missions.
Event - Undine & Fluidic Space invasion added to Pre-TNG era mode.
Event - Flight of the Raven story mission added if you recruit Erin Hansen from the Science Station.
Event - Major update and re-write of the Bajoran Occupation event, including updating to flow better with Pre-TNG era.
Event - Bajoran Occupation Situation. Play through the Bajoran Occupation with new events and situations with the option to play a long/short version of the situation.
Event - Babel Conference should now happen if you are at war, but not if the Founders are at war with each other.
Event - Dominion War Story arc improvements made to flow better.
Event - New options and events added to Starbase repair missions.
Event - Significant updates to the Iconian Crisis.

Leaders:

Leaders - Pre-TNG era leader spawning has been updated to spread out the Hero leaders & add a bit more randomisation
Leaders - Leaders ages reviewed and resolved a number of issues with leaders spawning too young.
Leaders - Lela Dax background and age adjusted to match what we know in universe.
Leaders - Min Zife added, because why not :)

2D:

Portraits - Wesley Crusher's hair updated to a more appropriate style.
Portraits - Seven's portraits updated for each new era (Borg Seven, Early Voyager & Picard Era)
Portraits - New portrait added for everyone's favourite tailor and spy, Garak.
2D - Updated variants for the All Good Things Era Uniforms
2D - Updated Picard S2 Uniforms
2D - Cardassian Ruler uniform variant added
2D - Terran Empire Ruler uniform variant added
2D - New portraits added for Hirogen Women.
2D - Ferengi Hero Leader portraits updated.
2D - Additional hair options added to the Trill.
2D - Additional hair options added for the Orions.

Maps:

Map - Berengaria VII updated

Ships:

Ships - First wave of Ryselle Chan's Nausicaan fleet added, with more incoming!!
Ships - You will now be able to build the Defiant A and B should you carelessly lose Sisko's ride.
Ships - Lamaar Class Updated slightly to better reflect what we have seen of it so far.
Ships - A number of ship sections updated to provide a better flow through the refit process.
Ships - Picard Era refit available for Luna, Danube & California Classes
Ships - Updated model for DS9 II.
Ships - Nebula and Springfield Classes switched, making Nebula a heavy cruiser and Springfield a MMV.
Ships - Nebula "Melbourne" variant added.
Ships - Pioneer & Ranger classes added as Tradition ship variations for Proxima and Loknar.
Ships - Escort ships can now use the long range bombard fleet tactic

Fixes:

Fix - Gemworld planet entity fixed to prevent blank planet appearing.
Fix - 'Wheat from the Chaff' & Typhon Pact Perk will now correctly unlock after the correct number of perks.
Fix - AI Undine will now correctly become the crisis if allowed to progress.
Fix - Various uniform bugs fixed, including missing clothes and wrong era outfits.
Fix - Borg Assimilation Cube event should start on arrivial to target planet.
Fix - Disease events will now correctly kill a pop if left unchecked.
Fix - Modifier for betraying the empire is now corrected to be negative.
Fix - A number of fixes for the Andromodan invastion added, included removing their ability to cloak & hide indefinately & a backup trigger that allows you to win if you wipe them out.
Fix - Reman Rebellion given a more appropriate chance.
Fix - The Chase event chain should no longer spawn on planets outside of your reach.
Fix - Algeron conference should also now be reachable
Fix - UFP Cloaking tech now correctly granted if the option is taken during Tomed.
Fix - Cardassian Uniforms will correctly update during TNG start.
Fix - Hero Defiant Cloaking component power usage balanced.
Fix - Borg Envoys now appear wearing Borg clothing.
Fix - Data/Lore/B4 career progression now occurs during TNG era.
Fix - You can now correctly strip Great Houses of systems as it fires the correct event.
Fix - Several fixes to the Great House management menu to ensure correct houses are targetted and updated.
Fix - Trabe Species will correctly be created on new game start.
Fix - Paulson Nebula system is now correctly a nebula and not a black hole.
Fix - Ghuliun system spawn fixed for large maps.
Fix - Large performance hangs removed when certain event empires are created and then auto-retire ships.
Fix - Missing icons added and replaced.
Fix - Harry Kim aging mechanic.
Fix - Fleet Decom option text fixed for scout class
Fix - Borg Colony Harvest success rate
Fix - Frontier hospital job unlock progression fixed.

And a new fix has come out:

NHV 0324 Next Generation - (34eb9c)

ST:New Horizons - Next Generations Hotfix #3.1

Setup - Confederacy of Earth 2300 unique starting setup.
Setup - Optional setting from the Q menu to enable slower combat speeds that triggers during combat (Beta Feature)
Setup - Romulan Neutral Zone now an optional result of Earth-Romulan War for Lore Maps, even if no connecting border.
Setup - Klingon Empire & United Earth start off with communications to reflect the events of Broken Bow.

Fix - Sandbox Mode Q-menu settings have been adusted to be clearer and code reversed in situations where it was incorrect.
Fix - Vanguard station textures flipped.
Fix - Vau'Nakat will no longer game over on player start.
Fix - Idran planet resized to avoid absorbing it's moon