• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, we have not increase the retinue.
Actually I have not the DLC to use them.

There are also few additional levy size increase in the mod. @Arko designed it so he can say why.
At a moment, there were less troops and they were more expensive in L3T than in Vanilla. So developing its economy was primordial and there were enough Vanilla retinue buildings to go to bankruptcy :)

The levy size increasing sources in the mod are
  • The building which symbolize the specialization
  • The restriction of the last level of the barracks to the Citadel
  • Some resources modifiers which are obtained thanks to the buildings.There are :
  • Beef
  • Weapons
  • Cider (garrison)
  • Wine (garrison)

Last edited:
I'm loving this mod. There are a few buildings lacking a description, but still, one of the best mods on the entire CKII catalogue.

I have a quick question I was hoping someone could help me with: as for the relics, I've noticed that there isn't (or I didn't managed to find) a relic of Saint James in Santiago de Compostela, which is a major pilgrimage center both in real life and in-game specifically for being St James burial site. If this is working as intended, would it still be possible for me to edit that part so I can build the cathedral of Santiago in my current playthrough?

Whatever the answer, thanks for the amazing job thus far, folks!

The Cathedral is currently only a building.
In the past the feature was more important and we expect to develop more, but we have a lack of time ...

The Cathedral buildings are in common/buildings/REC_cathedral_lite.txt
The relics are defined in common/event_modifiers/L3T_modifiers.txt
The relics are given in events/ReC_events_reliques.txt

Don't hesitate if you need any help to do what you want.

I also notice that there is no buildings that could provide retinue size increase. Is it intentional
It wasn't exactly intentional but it kinda my view about retinues that are far too powerfull IMHO and too easily ahistoricaly accessible.
I'll probably re-add a bit of it, with reasonnable limitations because retinues is historicaly a byzantine thing and very late game thing, unless I'd give it a different twist (personal guard instead of standing armies).

I'm loving this mod. There are a few buildings lacking a description, but still, one of the best mods on the entire CKII catalogue.

I have a quick question I was hoping someone could help me with: as for the relics, I've noticed that there isn't (or I didn't managed to find) a relic of Saint James in Santiago de Compostela, which is a major pilgrimage center both in real life and in-game specifically for being St James burial site. If this is working as intended, would it still be possible for me to edit that part so I can build the cathedral of Santiago in my current playthrough?

Whatever the answer, thanks for the amazing job thus far, folks!
Relics are given randomly, and we'll keep it that way.
We'll add a favouring factor for attribution for holy sites though (not sure why i didn't add it yet since it was planned for long :p )

Would you consider adding a modifier to those areas where levies are heavily recruited? I think levies were actually peasants at that time, and keeping it up meant less manpower on farming or production

Relics are given randomly, and we'll keep it that way.
We'll add a favouring factor for attribution for holy sites though (not sure why i didn't add it yet since it was planned for long :p )
Added the holy site ponderation for relic attribution ;)

Would you consider adding a modifier to those areas where levies are heavily recruited? I think levies were actually peasants at that time, and keeping it up meant less manpower on farming or production
i'd consider levy maintenance, looting bar and other war side effects are probably enough and abstract this well. In the mod, war in general also gives more likelyness to trigger bad events.

I am just curious, why is it only EMF that we can't use what files are incompatible?
On the technical side, yes, there are some conflicting files (buildings, events f.e.), values (exported from defines), modifiers icons strip.
On balance side, it is hard to say how much it would derail, but the 2 mods are not thought to work with each other.

On the L3T matter, we'll get some new stuff to show in a small dev diary during the week ;)

On the technical side, yes, there are some conflicting files (buildings, events f.e.), values (exported from defines), modifiers icons strip.
On balance side, it is hard to say how much it would derail, but the 2 mods are not thought to work with each other.

On the L3T matter, we'll get some new stuff to show in a small dev diary during the week ;)
Well thanks for the response I don't care about the building part of EMF but like many of the other changes to wars and such and was wondering if how easy it would be to make these compatible myself.

The trickiest might be merging the modifiers and modifiers icons + updating over time all this on game's patches, and both still delved mods new versions with their own schedules.
It represents definetly too much efforts and time that is better spent on actually working on the mod.

As promised earlier, a small dev-diary.

Today's theme is trade-posts. I always found vanilla tradepost's buildings lacking variety and so interest. So i came up with a rethinking of them to bring a bit more variety, spreading the bonuses into various buildings instead of packing everything into just 4 building chains.

So here is a preview of these !

tradeposts_bats_DD.jpg

Mind this is still incomplete since we'll get there some additional stuff in regard to ressources traded loaclly to be added and something about luxuray goods, but these will come later.
Of course, if you want more info about these, don't mind asking.

All this is already coded and will come with next version, which will be CK2's 2.7 version's upgrade of the mod.

Stay tuned ;)^^

screenshot taken with Arkopack mod and upcoming SWMH with Italia overhaul.

Had to restart the game, so the relics are to be seen again at a later point, but now I can begin to play with the list of saints and the descriptions of their relics so that I can have Saint James. Many many thanks for your help and dedication, folks!

But may I ask if the specific honorary titles of Les Trois Tours/The Three Towers conflict with those of Monks&Mystics?
Because I'm giving my first try to the new DLC with this mod active (because it's a great mod) and I can't find a spot to give to an apprentice as a member of the Hermetic Order, and they are pestering me that I should have one.

But may I ask if the specific honorary titles of Les Trois Tours/The Three Towers conflict with those of Monks&Mystics?
Because I'm giving my first try to the new DLC with this mod active (because it's a great mod) and I can't find a spot to give to an apprentice as a member of the Hermetic Order, and they are pestering me that I should have one.

The mod hasn't been updated for latest game's version yet, so don't expect everything working or working correctly.

Are you planning to integrate the Old Building Names Mod? I find that the names are far more interesting than their current vanilla counterparts.

Are you planning to integrate the Old Building Names Mod? I find that the names are far more interesting than their current vanilla counterparts.
Possibly, but only partially since in the long run there wont be much vanilla buildings left in our.

Just to let you know that we will wait for the 2.7.1 patch for the game to give our mod a 2.7.x update, due to the current broken variable issue the game has.

ok since 2.7.0.1 fixes the variable issue, there is nothing blocking us for a 2.7 update.
So once we will have the mod updated, we'll decide if and when we'll release it.

woot :) let me know if you need tester this coming weekend. (i still have link)
You can already, the internal build is updated and we in fact need some testing