• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think it means choosing enatic clans means you also have to take divine marriage or you'll die instantly since you can never marry out of your family.

I highly doubt that, i think it means that matrilineal marriages are allowed, but that doesn't force you to have them, if you for some reason need to cull off some branch of the family.

Me? A lot? Particularly Serbia (usually convert) and Volhynia (usually reform).

Or did I miss a joke?

Probably just masquerading his opinion as fact. I would say though that in terms of difficulty/enjoyability scale slavs are pretty bad. You get shafted with elective gavelkind AND have to expand across three empires to get your holy sites, with out the benefits of offensive paganism or nomadism to accelerate the process. For those who like a real challenge its a rewarding play through but for people who just want to win its difficult to snowball early on.

Me? A lot? Particularly Serbia (usually convert) and Volhynia (usually reform).

Or did I miss a joke?

Probably just masquerading his opinion as fact. I would say though that in terms of difficulty/enjoyability scale slavs are pretty bad. You get shafted with elective gavelkind AND have to expand across three empires to get your holy sites, with out the benefits of offensive paganism or nomadism to accelerate the process. For those who like a real challenge its a rewarding play through but for people who just want to win its difficult to snowball early on.

Im going to cut the debate about my opinion right there:
It was just a bad joke
Im actually dying to know what the slavic exclusive is,especially with its name.

The religion i actually believe no one play is aztec and i thought it would be funier to take a jab at the obviously more popular option

Sorry if i was misunderstood

Here are the two final ones you are missing.

aztec_feature.png

slavic_feature.png

It was just a bad joke
Excuse my post then, hope I didn't cause offense. I've grown to like (non-southern) slav kingdoms in my small gameplay experience.

Edit: YEAH SLAVS ARE HELLA GOOD!

And Suomenusko and Romuva are effectivelly useless on a historical perspective. They'll be the playground for standard doctrine mixing no doubt. Not a TERRIBLE thing however; these two are by far the best "shielded" pagans because they barely if at all border organized religions on the earlyer start dates (which makes their unique resistance to reformation even more useless unless you got a thing for late start dates IMHO).

"So we can live in peace and prosperity with our neighbours."

And then one proceeds to stack it with aggressive features and great holy wars.
This.

Nature: Dogmatic (I don't like to wage endless wars, so being "only" fanatic should be enough)
Doctrine: Unrelenting/Animistic (depends if I want to expand or just concentrate on home ground) + Children of Perun
Leadership: Temporal

So now I have 3 nice builds:)

honstly kinda surprised slavic doesn't have "Characters get a Rite of Passage when reaching Adulthood", I thought that was a slavic thing?

honstly kinda surprised slavic doesn't have "Characters get a Rite of Passage when reaching Adulthood", I thought that was a slavic thing?
Many societes had/have own "Rite of Passage". Eg. for Jewish this is "Bar Mitzvah" and this haven't slavic sources.