• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Just to get the names correct in your list
  • "Defenders of Dievas" (Romuva Exclusive)
  • "Sons of Ragnarok" (Germanic Exclusive)
  • "Totem-Guardians" (African Exclusive)
  • "Dawnbreakers" (Zun Exclusive)
  • "Harmonious" (Bön Exclusive)
  • "Invaders" (Aztec Exclusive)
  • "Ancestor Veneration" is the correct name for Ancestor Worship
  • "Enatic Clans" is the correct name for the matriarchies

Hahaha, fair enough, as much as the forum is great to communicate, it's no Wiki, hard to get all the info, even for the one making them :D
Indulge me a bit if you can, when it come to Nature and Leadership (i won't ask for doctrine) do i have a complete list? (of name at least not what they do cause i think i'm still missing more than half)

You got all the Nature and Leadership ones, yeah.

Well, you'd have to rethink that Polygamy one :eek:

Attachments

• dawnbreakers.png
    dawnbreakers.png
    132 KB · Views: 793
Cosmopolitan Astrology Clans sound like such a good jam.
Thanks to the seperation between Nature and Leadership (that is, religious head has little to do with GWH), Autocephalous might be a more appealing experience to try than usual Oh my goodness I just saw the randomize button I am so in for that

Not to sound TOO bitter ... But save before you randomize it.

Does randomize give you a combination that you then have to press the Reform button to actually choose, or does randomize just choose everything for you without you getting a final say?

You still have to actually push the button afterwards, so you can take another look over what you get, go "Ehh, don't like this doctrine" and change that one out before finalizing it.

If you think about it, enatic clans doesnt make any sense considering that 99% of pagans are locked into agnatic. For me personally all of inheritance choices look underwhelming, enatic severely punishes you as women are inferior to men in CK2 ( worser health, limited heir producing time etc ), agnatic makes your daughters useless and equal are just too chaotic for my taste and produces too much claimants.

And that is why you have a whole bunch of other options to choose instead. The system is set up in a way so a player can make their religions however they want, and still be somewhat balanced. Just letting a realm have "Open Succession", which both Agnatic Clans and Enatic Clans gives you, is surprisingly strong. Particularly after being Gavelkind for so long.

Managed to find the dev response i was refering to:

So like Silfae said, it isn't something we will touch upon in Holy Fury, but I did some minor tests after seeing the forum response, to see how hard it would be to mod it. If you change heresies to be "unreformed", you can actually do quite a lot of cool stuff with it, so I am excited to see what modders will do with the system after release.

MR aren't the only one with this problem, Nomad also have a purely Male inheritance law.
Bon is also a weird case because of its unique possible government, and its curently considered already reformed, which will no longer be the case with HF, so they need to figure if the unique goverment is a Base perk of the religion or a Reformation one

Bön will still have their unique government form, even if they are reformed, irrelevant of what features they choose. Their feature is one of my favorites (I'm weak for that OP OP heir designation).

harmonious-religion-feature.png

How come you have to specify close-kin marriage is not allowed? Are Bon allowed to do that when unreformed?
I know that CK2 might foster a different perspective on things after being played for enough time, but remember that cousins and uncles are still technically close relatives.

Yes, they are incompatible with each other. If you want Bons to use Divine Marriage, you'll need to pick another second Doctrine.

I'm guessing they'll either make pentarchy stuff more moddable or make it so that autocephaly doesn't necessarily include a pentarchy system.
Either way I think both independent and vassal kings should be able to appoint their autocephalous patriarch, atleast that's how it works in the current system.

Autocephaly doesn't necessarily include pentarchy at the moment. It is just that the most typical case is Orthodoxy, where it does include pentarchy.

Actually while I think about it, would it be possible to get one of the Leadership as an example? (we already have Nature, Doctrine,and Exclusive Doctrine but none of the Leadership)
Unless it's something that has been reserved for another DD, but if not id be very happy to see how one of them look. Thanks

Note that the Autonomous stat boosts differs based on other things.
leadership-features.png

Wait, so Autocephalous can have GHWs? How? Does it just come down to whichever high priest calls for one first?

Autocephalous still have one "leading priest" (see Ecumenical Patriarch for Orthodoxy, for example), even though most of the clergy powers are spread out. That guy will be the one making the calls for GHWs for reformed Pagans with Autocephalous Leadership.

I am really curious what all the unique doctrines are, a lot of them so far sound really powerful and a nice reward for managing to survive against your reformed neighbours. I'm especially curious about the African one is because at this point I'm pretty certain I'll be playing there. Just seems like they've made it into a proper new experience.

From the name "Totem Guardians" I'd have to guess it's some combination of either Haruspicy or Ancestor Veneration and Defender. I hope it's Ancestor Veneration because I am really curious how that succession type will work.

totem_guardians.png

I don't believe it has been answered, and it is slightly different from the main topic, but how easy is it to create new Natures when modding, alternatively, how easy is it to add aspects from several Natures to one religion (e.g. Interfaith Marriages enabled (Cosmopolitan), foreign missions disabled (Unyielding), proselytize weaker (Cosmopolitan), no HW/GHW (Peaceful), no base MA malus or bonus (various))?
Adding or modifying new features to the Reformation screen is fairly easy.

Likewise, how are the Doctrines checked in script? Can we check "has_doctrine = XYZ" in in addition to checking the components (e.g. "seafaring = yes")?
has_religion_feature = feature_name
Works for checking any feature (Nature, Doctrines, Leadership).

Also, a bit further aside, is it possible to mod the conditions for the Reform button in HF beyond the current defines, e.g. could we mod the holy site condition to "Has 3 holy sites OR 2 holy sites and realm size X OR 1 holy site and realm size Y OR realm size Z"?
There has been no change in the requirements.

- How does Dogmatic's interfaith marriage blocker interact with the nomadic government's intermarriage feature, both when the nomad is Dogmatic and when a nomad is trying to set up a marriage with a Dogmatic ruler of a different faith?

- How does Cosmopolitan's intermarriage feature interact with other Natures' various levels of aversion to it? I assume Dogmatic rulers will refuse their offers, but will all other versions potentially accept intermarriage if they're bordering the Cosmopolitan ruler?

I cannot check right now, but I seem to recall that Nomads still override it.
Cosmopolitan vs Dogmatic compatibility depends on which religion was reformed last.

- Will Dogmatic rulers be able to marry heretics of their own faith (e.g. Old Whatevers being possible to marry for Dogmatic Whatevers), or is that as forbidden as completely unrelated religions and other branches in the same group? If not, is that possible to set up in a dynamic way?
Dogmatic disables intermarry for any other religion, including the parent one.

- Partially related to the above questions, but is it possible to set up a dynamic intra-group Dogmatic marriage doctrine, e.g. making Catholics open to the idea of marrying all Christians but never open to the idea of marrying a non-Christian?
It can be modded, yes, intermarriage towards any religion or religious group can be enabled or disabled via Doctrine.

What happens if the AI does it ?
Does it make it randomly ? Can we see what it chose ?
The original religion and the Reformer's traits can influence the choice of the AI. When opening the Reformation tab in game, it will usually show the combination of features that your ruler would pick if he were an AI.