Finally, I made it! First WC completed as Orthodox Ottomans HRE in 1819

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheDecider

General
15 Badges
Jun 4, 2014
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
First ever WC completed!

Last couple of days has been really nerve wracking, "will I make it in time?", "should I've have taken more in that peace deal?", "did I take the right idea group?" , anyway now it's over and I can get a good nights sleep for the first time in days:
vN5mrLI.jpg

RoltDMm.jpg

YAcxXvi.png

I united the HRE the last thing I did, after having received the achievement, the vassal-swarm made short work of France, Spain and Portugal but they sometimes didn't go where I wanted them to go which is something Art of War should fix - seeing Venetians in Mexico, Hungarians in Kongo and Swedes in Manchuria sure looked weird.

Some images from the playthrough:
4pJbgJq.jpg

Just received achievment!
Xt5TPhU.jpg

Cored quite a lot, North Africa was expensive since Algiers had conquered it all.
xhqb2cf.jpg

Come on, you can do it!
A3W9Mt0.jpg

Poland tries to be a PITA, but I brought discount coupons!
n7MCXnh.jpg

This little guy sure is ambitious
EWHLZNN.jpg

Western Europe put their rivalries aside and united for a common cause

Last edited:
Or, at the very least, lots of questions for people with 100 years to go in their WC runs worried they aren't going to make it :p

/gets ready to make a thread asking if I will make it in time....

Actually I know I can make it in game time I'm running out of real time might have to pull an all nighter this weekend

There exists one protectorate in each protectorable tech group! And why oh why do the Mamlukes still exist? Why is Matupa half-conquered half protectorated? So many unanswered questions!
The struggle was long, and messy. In end I had multiple wars going on and luckily the Western coalition imploded thanks to Spanish CN's attacking French ones, meaning I could trigger two wars at the same time having half the coalition in each.

Mutapa:
England had taken a few provinces from Mutapa, but I didn't care to core them, just diplo-protectorate instead.

Mamlukes:
These guys were in a coalition against me for the majority of the game, at least 300 years. They had conquered Ethiopia quite early and made protectorates of the entire East Africa. I could therefore use the Holy War vs Adal and Ajuraan to not have to wait for trucetimers when I wanted to fight the coalition I had at that time. In the last war (1790) they had dropped the coalition and I didn't know that annexing a nation which had protetorates would give you their protectorates(found that out when annexing Portugal, only knew about CN's), so I vassalized them and took all of Kilwa instead.

If you look at the map, he almost did :)
I didn't manage to halt Muscovy's colonization, so I had to core my way from the Baltic sea to the Pacific. 4-6 ADM and 5 months ain't too bad per province though.

Algiers on the other hand... They conquered the entire North Africa to the Mamlukean border, that was expensive! Poland too...

I didn't manage to halt Muscovy's colonization, so I had to core my way from the Baltic sea to the Pacific. 4-6 ADM and 5 months ain't too bad per province though.

Algiers on the other hand... They conquered the entire North Africa to the Mamlukean border, that was expensive! Poland too...

You couldn't rip out some berber vassals?

You couldn't rip out some berber vassals?
Nah, they were gone. I really didn't focus my efforts in that direction for a long time, maybe I could've gotten one out, but the coring wasn't much of an issue, I had a lot of ADM-points over. They were part of the coalition and I didn't take more than I had claims on from them, there were other areas were I wanted to spend the warscore.

Nah, they were gone. I really didn't focus my efforts in that direction for a long time, maybe I could've gotten one out, but the coring wasn't much of an issue, I had a lot of ADM-points over. They were part of the coalition and I didn't take more than I had claims on from them, there were other areas were I wanted to spend the warscore.

I was lucky, Algiers had been stomped by tunisia and Morocco so vassalized them, Core returned and then fed them all dem expensive berber provinces. its great.

I am going to do the same with Lithuania, who have been reduced to a 2 PM, I intend on Dipolo vassaling and then feeding them all of Poland etc. (Poland Lith got stomped by Livonian and Teutonic in my French WC attempt). Ill probably try and sell some polish provinces to Ukraine as well if they will buy them.

Hopefully I can get on this afternoon, and churn out 100 years or so, I am basically at the grind point in my game, 1650, vassal swarm at the ready, I am about to ship armies off to India, china and America to just protectorate the hell out of everything, then its basically just finish off Russia, Timmies and a Monster Machu (machu can into Russia?)

Its been an interesting game, Assam owns half of India, Machu is Huge, Pomerania owns Gotland (lol) Teutonic Order and Livonian Order are massively blobbed into Poland and Lith and the Ottomans never did anything!. Friesland is colonizing! hopefully I will finish it!

Offensive language removed - Seelmeister

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to do the same with Lithuania, who have been reduced to a 2 PM, I intend on Dipolo vassaling and then feeding them all of Poland etc. (Poland Lith got stomped by Livonian and Teutonic in my French WC attempt). Ill probably try and sell some polish provinces to Ukraine as well if they will buy them.

Bohemia and Silesia (if around) should be willing to core Polish territory as well. You can also just give a single cored polish province to any of the OPM HRE princes and they'll take any more you have to offer. You don't even have to pay a diploannex cost that way.

In my WC run I was very proud of my Poland encompassing danzig, sienna with chunks of N. Africa, and HRE member QQ with parts of the middle east.

Bohemia and Silesia (if around) should be willing to core Polish territory as well. You can also just give a single cored polish province to any of the OPM HRE princes and they'll take any more you have to offer. You don't even have to pay a diploannex cost that way.

In my WC run I was very proud of my Poland encompassing danzig, sienna with chunks of N. Africa, and HRE member QQ with parts of the middle east.

Lol good to know about selisia and Bohemia, both are still alive as HRE vassals :) and yes I know the trick with the OMPs I just dont stress to much about coring some stuff. If I have admin, and its not stupidly expensive I just core it. I have been doing a lot of Core returning tho. need to get started feeding my novgorod and Persia vassals. I am slowly eating the Mamalukes and feeding their provinces to Syria and Iraq hehe.

Lol good to know about selisia and Bohemia, both are still alive as HRE vassals :) and yes I know the trick with the OMPs I just dont stress to much about coring some stuff. If I have admin, and its not stupidly expensive I just core it. I have been doing a lot of Core returning tho. need to get started feeding my novgorod and Persia vassals. I am slowly eating the Mamalukes and feeding their provinces to Syria and Iraq hehe.

Yeah, as France you can afford to core quite a bit between claim, Administrative, and HRE reform, but anything with +coring I consider "stupidly expensive" and avoid as much as possible.

Yeah, as France you can afford to core quite a bit between claim, Administrative, and HRE reform, but anything with +coring I consider "stupidly expensive" and avoid as much as possible.
Did you see the 15 BT Danzig image I attached? I've got some discount!
Very cool. Congratulations.
Thanks! :)

Then, feed them provinces after you converted them. In theory you can feed the entire berber culture to elector vassals. I had three at once, all theocracies, and i fed 'm entire North Africa. Liège and Utrecht constantly bickered about who had the best holiday province.

just a tip: get opm elector vassals, sell them a low base tax core of the berber culture. Berber becomes accepted culture in the opm elector. You can do same with other countries that have culture coring cost bonus (Dai Viet, Jaisalmer and the like). For poland, make them release Mazovia and feed 'm entire Poland or so.

Good you made it in time.