Finally, I made it! First WC completed as Orthodox Ottomans HRE in 1819

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good you made it in time.
Thanks, yes I'm aware of that little accepted-culture trick, there were many things which I forgot due to being stressed and I could have done differently had I tried to min-max stuff. But it was fun to play a province-eating-conveyor-belt monster of a country where 5 missionaries were at constant work, cores being finished in less than a year, very low revolt risk and shorter nationalism than usual(Humanism+the late game monarchy government= -15years). Only time I didn't have enough ADM was when I conquered the entire mainland South East Asia, Tibet, Zhou and Bengal at the same time(had 3-4 wars going and waited for OE to drop before I peaced out full annex). Chose therefore to make Dai Vet and Bengal vassals. That particular moment I was really pushing it.

Wohoooo! Congratulations! A pretty impressive game!

I tried a few times to create the orthodox ottos, but I always ended in a pretty bad situation trying to be the Emperor xD

By the way, I never got a liking to Espionage ideas, but I see you chose it as your last idea. What I'm missing :p ?

Impressive score! Please accept my congratulations :)
Thank you!
By the way, I never got a liking to Espionage ideas, but I see you chose it as your last idea. What I'm missing :p ?
I had no idea(!) what to take, but I always seemed one diplomat short... so I took it. The lower discovery chance and impact from fabricating claims were of little use, everyone was already in a coalition against me.

Thank you!

I had no idea(!) what to take, but I always seemed one diplomat short... so I took it. The lower discovery chance and impact from fabricating claims were of little use, everyone was already in a coalition against me.

you can also take aristocratic for an extra diplomat. If you have humanism aswell, you should have ton of military points extra to invest in military ideas. If you stack aristocratic with other military ideas you become unstoppable :)

you can also take aristocratic for an extra diplomat. If you have humanism aswell, you should have ton of military points extra to invest in military ideas. If you stack aristocratic with other military ideas you become unstoppable :)
I was always ahead of time so that was not an issue, and the military prowess was "OK" late-game as well, vassal-swarm handled mainland Europe while I shipped 70K stacks around the New World to assault colonial holdings. I also helped the vassals back home to siege lvl 5 forts with 25 artillery and 3-Siege generals(could spam generals due to overflow of MP points) made my lack of military ideas become a non-issue - but I see your point.