• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PanzerCorps

Total War Programmer
57 Badges
Sep 6, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Magicka 2
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome Gold
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
Greetings!

This is an idea I had some time ago. You know succession games, where one player plays a ruler until he dies, then saves and uploads it for someone else to play the heir? They're pretty popular, and fun.

Another type of game is the "Quantum Leap"-style game(at least that's how I call it), which is when, generally in singleplayer, you play someone until he dies, save, load and randomize a character and play as him instead of your heir. Rinse and repeat.

So, why not combine both? You get one chance to make an empire - to affect the game world of all players coming after you. It also slightly breaks some monotony from the game, in that you won't necessarily have to be wary of those powers who are always strong, but may actually have to deal with completely new, player-related threats. You want to expand and make something, but you also must make it in a way that when the AI takes over after you're dead, it doesn't all just fall apart!

Anyway, I posted a thread in the CK2 forums to see if enough people were interested and it turns out there's more than enough, so here it is!

That was almost a year ago. And now here we are. The CK2 game was so awesome, that we thought we'd take it into EU4. You are still free to join, although it may be a while till we get to you, given you will be added at the end of the (recently randomized) list.

Here are the rules, slightly different from their CK2 equivalent:

Start date: 1444(Earliest possible)
Starting character: Load the save file you're given, fire Keinwyn's event, choose whichever country you want(they even declare war on you to make them easier to find) then exit to main menu and load the game back up as them.
Player order: Randomized list of all participants, sign-ups are still open, but if you join now your name will be added at the bottom of the list.
Transfer at: When these two conditions are met: 15 years of in-game time have passed and player's nation's first ruler is dead.
DLC: Whichever you want, but you are not allowed to create a custom nation.
Patch:
1.13, currently.
Mods: Divine Influence(the heavily modified converted CK2 game), available from the steam workshop or here.
AAR-content: At least a small post containing your character and your main objectives/achievements. It can be as detailed as you want, though
File Sharing Website: AKA 'how do I upload my save file?'. There are a lot of websites that you can use for this, and you're free to choose whichever one you want. My favorite though is Sendspace for being quick and easy and not even requiring an account.
Deadline: Once your turn comes, I'll send you a PM asking if you can play. You have 48 hours to confirm that you're still in. Once you have, we expect at least one update a week. Failure to meet these deadlines means your turn will be skipped. Sorry, but we have to keep the game going and the pace is slow enough as is.

Player list(in playing order, AAR posts and save files will be added here later):

1. Mekka66 (1444-1477) - Cajamarca - Part 1(+)/Part 2/Part 3 - Save File
  2. Pedrinluigi (1477-1518) - Kilwa - Part 1/Part 2/Part 3/Part 4/Part 5/Part 6/Part 7/Part 8/Part 9/Part 10/Part 11/Part 12 - Save File
  3. Krajzen - Dropped Out
  4. Danarca (1518-1561) - Siena - Part 1(+)/Part 2 - Save File
  5. zkarOskar (1561-1583) - Teutonic Order - Part 1/Part 2 - Save File
  6. Generalolaf (1583-1604) - Venice - Part 1/Part 2/Part 3/Part 3, Part 2/Part4/Part 4, Part 2/Part 5/Part 5, Part 2 - Save File
  7. LordQ - Dropped Out
  8. Torugu - Dropped Out
  9. Keinwyn (1604-1619) - Carpathia - Part 1/Part 2/Part 3 - Save File
  10. NormandyWept (1619-1634) - Yao - 1 Part AAR - Save File
  11. Zerois (1634-1646) - Korea - 1 Part AAR - Save File
  12. Gebs (1646-1651) - Aydin - Part 0/Part 1/Part 2/Part 3/Part 4 - Save File
  13. Orctavius (1651-1676) - Bulgarie - 1 Part AAR - Save File
  14. Hakuromatsu (1676-1706) - Sicily - Part 1/Part 2 - Save File
  15. Cpm4001 (1706-1720) - New Scotland - Part 1/Part 2/Part 3/Part 4/Part 5 - Save File
  16. Sweawm (1720-1730) - Rio Grande - Part 1/Part 2/Part 3 - Save File
  17. LumberKing (1730-1732) - Norway - Part 1/Part 2/Part 3/Part 4/Part 5/Part 6/Part 7/Part 8/Part 9 - Save File
  18. neaiskink - Dropped Out
  19. Gustav91 - Dropped Out
  20. SCApple - Dropped Out
  21. matk (1732-1747) - Majapahit - Part 1/Part 2/Part 3 - Save File
  22. Andre Massena (1747-1776) - England - Part 1/Part 2/Part 3/Part 4/Part 5/Part 6/Part 7 - Save File
  23. Alscon (1776-1785) - Colombia - Part 1/Part 2 - Save File
  24. Ibrins - Dropped Out
  25. SehnVertor - Dropped Out
  26. Lynkriger
  27. neondnt
  28. Red John
  29. _Dragon_Rider_
  30. HeyHoCptJack
  31. Vidmizz
  32. Hydronum
  33. SpartanPureluck
  34. Birincikalit
  35. Spontaneous1
  36. GoshDaMule
  37. Panzer
  38. roadrager
  39. Frederic III
  40. Jimbojj26
  41. Eliaspays
  42. Emilersej
  43. Sleepi
  44. Qwerty7
  45. NiniNunny
  46. ...

World Updates/Maps:

Here's hoping this ride will be as enjoyable as the last!

## = Start Date
## = End Date
## = Playing (Confirmed, but has yet to post an update)
## = Awaiting Confirmation
## = Dropped Out
## = Played country
## = AAR, part 1
## = AAR, part 2
## = AAR, part 3
## = AAR, part 4
[etc]
## = Save File
## = World Update
## = World Map

Last edited:
Reactions:
Oh and for people wondering how people later down the line will know when to take their turn, it'll be like this:

You will receive a PM when your turn comes. You have 48 hours to confirm that you are playing, and once that's done, you should keep us updated with at least one update per week, until you are done and upload your save here. I will then PM the next person in line...

Mint, this sounds interesting and it'll give me much needed practice in EU4.

This should be great fun! Looking forward to my turnset.
Just to confirm, the "Transfer At" rule means that if the leader dies before fifteen in-game years have passed, then I continue as that nation until the 15-year mark?

I am very honoured to be the first person to write the very first chapter of the continuation of our converted CKII game. I hope I'll be able to write a decent AAR.

I will continue the tradition of posting the rolls prior to playing the game, so you guys could give me suggestions on which country to play. (even though despite these suggestions I might just pick the country I like best, which may be an unpopular choice.

So, roll nr. 1.
2015-07-06_00001.jpg

The nation of Garhwal, to the south are the mighty Pratiharas, but to the north there is room to expand.

Roll nr. 2.
2015-07-06_00002.jpg

The Andean nation of Cajamara. I do think that the new Inti mechanics are a bit tricky to deal with at times, but at least they have a province with a funny name. (Wankapampa:p)

Roll nr. 3.
2015-07-06_00003.jpg
The Free City of Frankfurt. This one is going to be difficult, considering that Frankfurt is an OPM wedged between 3 very strong HRE members.

Roll nr. 4.
2015-07-06_00004.jpg
Korea. I think this one is the easiest of the lot, not much needed to be said.

Roll nr. 5.
2015-07-06_00005.jpg
The (Sub-)Saharan Sultanate of Kanem Bornu, also a difficult one because I think that Mali is going to quite the nuisance when trying to expand in this area.

These were my 5 rolls. All 5 of them aren't exactly what you would call the easiest nations to achieve something with. But let me know what you think :D

Korea if you want to actually be able to do something. Frankfurt if you want a challenge.

Either do Korea or the Inca state. Both of those areas are the same as in vanilla EUIV, so they need to get messed about with before the AAR gets too far underway!

Reactions:
Korea. The eastern world is yet to see any change from the standard timeline so we should mess with it now

Finally! And damn, I'm the second to play! I missed this 'cause I was away for the weekend... Go for Frankfurt! Throw your enemies against one another and profit from it! By the way, what version are we playing? 1.13 or 1.12?