• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Arumba

Colonel
74 Badges
Mar 10, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • BATTLETECH
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Ancient Space
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis III
  • March of the Eagles
(Charlemagne Compatible):Keyboard Shortcuts + Interface Adjust

This mod has been updated for Way of Life 2.3

12-16-2014
Patched for compatibility with 2.3

10-14-2014
Patched for compatibility with 2.2

4-11-2014
Patched for compatibility with 2.1.3

3-25-2014
Patched for Compatibility with Rajas of India

11-18-2013
Patched for compatibility with game version 2.0
Added shortcut key "n" to the split unit button

6-19-2013
Overhaul changes. Discovered that keybound event decisions cause the engine to fire the wrong event options. Removed 1-2-3-4, and consolidated keybinds to z x c v b. Attempting for a 'qwerty' style using available bottom row. Lots of multi-use buttons, but no incompatibility issues. Play with it for a few minutes and it will feel natural, sorry for the big shift.
Added instructions to manually edit keybinds.

Update!:
[video=youtube;Pwb8767Q9Y4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwb8767Q9Y4[/video]

Demonstration:
[video=youtube;a9qpHqtZj0o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9qpHqtZj0o[/video]

Installation:
[video=youtube;iIJOlJFZtaw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIJOlJFZtaw[/video]

Interface Adjust: Adjusts the character selection GUI so that it does not overlap with the character interface.
In game appearance *without* the mod:
No Adjustment.jpg
In game appearance *with* the mod:
With Adjustment.jpg

Keyboard Shortcuts: This adds 10 shortcuts to the game: "z","x","c","v","b","n",",",".","/","l"

z raises levy directly from any county you have control over
z also toggles siege interface while selecting a province or army in an enemy province.
z also sends units to the left side of an army or ship balancing screen, each press sends the bottom listed unit left. press and hold for rapid rebalancing
z will 'cancel' or 'go to' on event windows (such as disband troops, or after a siege/battle has completed)
z will go to the previous holding in demesne

x dismisses the currently selected levy (army or ship), *capital* "x" will dismiss ALL selected levies or ships

c raises ships directly from any county you have control over
c assaults holdings when you have an army/county is selected that allows for assaulting
c Confirms diplomacy interactions, and will 'ok' event windows (such as disband troops)

v embarks the currently selected levy into a ship that is IN port in that province
v also selects all armies inside boats if a ship is selected
v also will close one army at a time while having multiple armies selected. The two previously mentioned shortcuts take priorty. This shortcut is ideal for raiding with multiple armies as a viking. (v selects armies, right click all onto a county, press v, right click onto another county, repeat.)
v will create a new vassal from the holding screen of minor owned baronies

If you have a single army/shipgroup the "b" key will open the new unit interface (ship/army rebalancing)
b also sends units to the right side of an army or ship balancing screen, each press sends the bottom listed unit right. press and hold for rapid rebalancing
b will go to the next holding in demesne
b is also back button for the main interfaces

n merges selected levies or ships if you have multiple armies selected, so long as they are in the same zone or province (naturally.)
n is bound to the 'split army/navy' button if you have a single army or navy selected

l toggles looter status for pagan armies

, opens the ledger, and closes the ledger

. opens the find characters interface, and also closes it

/ opens the find title interface

################################################## ##############################
To manually alter keybindings, download notepad++ from ~removed~ and install
use notepad++ to 'search in files', select the mod folder as the directory
search for: Shortcut = "
(leave the quotations open)
this will pull up all the shortcuts listed in the mod files.
doubleclick on the bottom of the screen through each of the results until you see the "guiButtonType = {" that looks like what you want.
you can alter or remove any of the options that say "shortcut = "x"" to your liking
There is some trial and error to this if you are not experienced with the layout of the game files. Just play with it, you'll figure it out.

Last edited:
Reactions:
good work! :D
since I've always been lazy and never manage to get myself to update the keyboard shortcuts mod based on the relevant thread, would you mind if I incorporate that mod into a sub-mod for a mod (what? ) ? :laugh:
and maybe the interface adjust thingy once I manage to field test it :D

specifically for lux invicta via libert3 (which isn't technically a submod anyway but a component module)
(though I might remove the tilde button though if it closes character tabs since I heavily rely on the console while testing - is the backspace button occupied/undesirable for some reason? )

and on slightly less relevant note - you should request this to be added to the master list since it'll make it easier for other users to find

Please do! I had hoped a long time ago (over a year now already) that paradox would *correct* the interface, since in my opinion its just a foolish place for it to open to anyway. If this gets incorporated into any other mods it will simply help the community I think. The keyboard shortcuts is hardly credit-worthy imo, its barely a couple changes. Include it all you like!

Last edited:
Your mod helped me (As far as I know, I have to consider myself as 1 person). Thank you!

I have a question though: How can I change the Back (`Tilde)-Key [btw: ` is not a tilde ~, but some kind of apostrophe imho]? Because on a German keyboard, you have to do the following for opening the console: (1) press shift+`AND THEN (2) press some other key to show up the ` [or in this case: the console pops up]. This way I cant use this specific shortcut. I had a quick look into the files of your mod, but obviously changing the bindings is not so easy as it seems. And I dont know anything about modding PI-Games.

So I'll be able to embark all levies in coastal counties by raising all levies and ships and then simply pressing "v" while having all levies selected? Great, this is going to save so much time!

Your mod helped me (As far as I know, I have to consider myself as 1 person). Thank you!

I have a question though: How can I change the Back (`Tilde)-Key [btw: ` is not a tilde ~, but some kind of apostrophe imho]? Because on a German keyboard, you have to do the following for opening the console: (1) press shift+`AND THEN (2) press some other key to show up the ` [or in this case: the console pops up]. This way I cant use this specific shortcut. I had a quick look into the files of your mod, but obviously changing the bindings is not so easy as it seems. And I dont know anything about modding PI-Games.

Let me know what you want the button to be and I'll modify a special copy for you :)

So I'll be able to embark all levies in coastal counties by raising all levies and ships and then simply pressing "v" while having all levies selected? Great, this is going to save so much time!

Not quite, you have to embark the army from each county, there is not a way (currently) to "Embark-All" at once. It has been request many times, but not yet implemented.

This still does save a LOT of time, you can see how easy it is to use if you watch my Let's Play (See signature).

Let me know what you want the button to be and I'll modify a special copy for you :)

Absolutely great: I think "k" is not assigned already. So, let it be "k", k?

Thank you very much in advance

thought I'd pipe in again.
using the tilde button as both the back key and console key is problematic when you have one of the tabs open - you kinda need to close that window/tab manually by clicking on the map (still a waste of clicks :laugh: )
is the BACKSPACE button filled though? Or rather, how do I type backspace in the file? Is it BACKSPACE,BACK_SPACE, or BACK_KEY, BACK KEY, or just BACK ?

thought I'd pipe in again.
using the tilde button as both the back key and console key is problematic when you have one of the tabs open - you kinda need to close that window/tab manually by clicking on the map (still a waste of clicks :laugh: )
is the BACKSPACE button filled though? Or rather, how do I type backspace in the file? Is it BACKSPACE,BACK_SPACE, or BACK_KEY, BACK KEY, or just BACK ?

You've stumbled on the same problem I did, I have no idea how the game treats that key, couldn't figure it out. :(

Can you post it in the first post, for us german keyboard owners, pretty please ?
Though i guess i can make that change myself....

I was wondering
would "\" or "|" work equally as well? I mean, it's right below the backspace key (... at least on my layout anyway).

Can you post it in the first post, for us german keyboard owners, pretty please ?
Though i guess i can make that change myself....

It seems like I would have create a new post to be able to link files, I tried editing the first post and couldn't get it to attach the new zip file. :(

It seems like I would have create a new post to be able to link files, I tried editing the first post and couldn't get it to attach the new zip file. :(
eh?
make sure to delete the previous file first (via the manage attachments), or you could instead rename the file then upload it

Did you - Go Advanced - manage attachments - and uploaded your attachment there ? If so i don't know either.
Ah well, thanks for trying. :)

Graand. Thanks a lot.