• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But we do need a code name for the spring offensive against Moscow that will finally bring about the downfall of the Soviet union.
How about:
Operation Flurbereinigung

Which basicly means "Land-Reform" in German

Also "Reinigung" is "Cleaning" and Flur can also mean "Floor". So kind of a nice way of saying "Let's sweep the Floor with Soviets...

How about:

Also "Reinigung" is "Cleaning" and Flur can also mean "Floor". So kind of a nice way of saying "Let's sweep the Floor with Soviets...

It's quite hard to beat this, but I suggest "Unternehmen Bärenjagd" (= bear hunt), as it is similar to "Unternehmen Trappenjagd" (Operation against Ketch peninsula in 1942) and you are about to bring down the Russian Bear once and forever (or perhaps it could be "Unternehmen Bärenfalle" (=bear trap))

If you ask me I think that attack on Moscow should be a two operations thing.
Unternehmen Hammer: securing approaches to Moscow (or encirclement of Moscow).
Unternehmen Sichel (sickle): attack on the city itself.
Thus forming Unternehmen Hammer und Sichel.

Wouldn't it make more sense the other way round?
Sickle as encirclement and then hammering down on moscow.

Ok guys. So I can't let you alone a few days without having you spamming the AAR with silly names and/or ideas :D

Pretty sure Case Blue happened already in this AAR, Both Stalingrad, Baku and most of the middle east is already part of the Reich.
But we do need a code name for the spring offensive against Moscow that will finally bring about the downfall of the Soviet union.
The way I understood the initial comments, it was not about the goal of the offensive -the Caucasus oil- but the timing of a major Soviet offensive, just before the German's.

Case Finnenkommen
You again? I didn't even bother to translate 'Finnekommen', I am quite sure of the meaning. :confused:
By the way, please find attached an invitation from the Saudi embassy in Helsinki to the German attaché in Finland to go and visit their embassy. It is about a paper to pick up apparently.:(

==============================
Fall Untergang?

How about:

It's quite hard to beat this, but I suggest "Unternehmen Bärenjagd" (= bear hunt), as it is similar to "Unternehmen Trappenjagd" (Operation against Ketch peninsula in 1942) and you are about to bring down the Russian Bear once and forever (or perhaps it could be "Unternehmen Bärenfalle" (=bear trap))
These are good names, I will see what to do with them.
=============================

Wouldn't it make more sense the other way round?
Sickle as encirclement and then hammering down on moscow.
Yes, it definitively makes more sense the other way around. I like the twisted idea, but seriously a name which should be used for a Soviet offensive instead? :p

iMRJSJU.jpg

Last edited:
I don't understand your sentence in the first red square, what are these communists?
"They are trashed"
Thank you for letting me know, I have extended the text box.

Attacks on the frontline seem to be a good sign! Once they stop, the push towards Moscow will be even easier.

Attacks on the frontline seem to be a good sign! Once they stop, the push towards Moscow will be even easier.
The plan is complex, only a sudden influx of Soviet reinforcements would deter me from attempting it.

Maybe if the Helsinki attaché had some money things would improve and he wouldn't have to eat mämmi!

Org regain is expressed as a percentage of the difference between current and max. Hence, all else being equal, higher max=slower gain.

Maybe if the Helsinki attaché had some money things would improve and he wouldn't have to eat mämmi!
Please don't react as a capitalist :p
(and this Reich will never have enough money to influence Finland enough :oops:)

Org regain is expressed as a percentage of the difference between current and max. Hence, all else being equal, higher max=slower gain.
What really matters for the incoming offensive is that a province with infrastructure lowered below 10% will take a very long time to recover.

This is like World In Flames 2 or like a more completed version?
Welcome!
This is actually one of the first versions of World In Flames 2, the second if I remember correctly, and also the most difficult one.

No more fancy encirclements, just a slow, muddy grind to Moscow.
If you think that, that's very good, indeed. That's exactly what I want Uncle Jo to believe too. :p