• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Another issue: Characters from the Scythian Culture Group (i.e. not just Scythian culture) have their names rendered as scythian_east_malename and scythian_east_femalename respectively.

Another issue: Characters from the Scythian Culture Group (i.e. not just Scythian culture) have their names rendered as scythian_east_malename and scythian_east_femalename respectively.
That's my fault, sry. On the culture's loc I wrote scythia_east instead of scythian_east...
It's already fixed on dev. We also fixed on devthe locs Greyhand pointed out

• 3Like
Reactions:
DD38: Galatian Rework.
Dev Diary 38: Galatian Rework.

Salvete! As is normal after a big update, we took a break to focus on bugfixing. Today however Jphilophonus will present a project which has been slowly worked on since release, the Galatian rework. But first i’d like to inform people that a dedicated Mac version will be released along with a hotfix later this week, most likely on Wednesday. And don't forget the Dev clashes that same day which can be watched here:
and here
starting 7pm CET.

Perhaps you stopped keeping a watchful eye on our dev diaries after a week’s pause. However if you were an ancient person in Asia Minor, you would be chided for snoozing lest your Gallic neighbors catch you slumbering in the night while they prepared to pillage and plunder their goods. Indeed, this week’s dev diary will return to the Celtic invaders of Anatolia we know today as the Galatians.

Previously, we developed an event sequence which the AI will utilize so that the Celtic tribes will properly invade Hellas and Anatolia, hopefully forming that hideous cyan-colored nation on the map for those of you that play in the eastern Mediterranean. (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/mod-imperator-invictus.1473328/post-27598434) Most of these features were developed for the AI with future flexibility done for player utilization. (Some of you may have noticed that some player decisions had snuck into our game -as I’ve seen some reported bugs for features which you perhaps should not have seen yet.) After working through these features, it was decided that the best form of play for these nations would be through a traditional mission tree. And this is the item that we present to you today.

The mission tree can be thought to contain four aspects of play with certain Celtic nations (currently Tectosagia, Trocmeria, and Tolistobogia): migrate, invade, raid, and settle. In the first, there are some pre-invasion tasks so that the player is not caught waiting for certain events to trigger in the wider world. These tasks largely are built around changing laws to decentralize the tribe and ally with other Celtic nations which will be used in the invasion proper. These tasks should give further decentralization instability so that the player can quickly transform into a migratory horde. Indeed, where the AI was given effective event troops due to our coding constraints, the player will use the migration feature. I personally think this is one of the most unique functionalities in a Paradox game and one which is underused here. We are working to augment the size of the migratory horde throughout the invasion sequence so that they will still be an appropriately scary amount of Gauls sweeping down into the European and Asian planes.

4SpmCGMPzwqZGc_filnWpEbgC7fWgz_Biklrka4TGDZijUYo9gjSrObEEpWtgJWNOxBIVy1ZgFE9OB-Uu_YUA5eDjEW-EEjdvPzgtGtuNUUc57rN52MLdoLgBT5C7bDN8V8TgmnN

When the player has decentralized and their horde begins movement, the invasion can begin. That’s right: no need to wait on Antigonos’ realm to be carved up (as if pillaging had restrictions on who ruled a region). The player may choose there any time to trigger the invasion. This can create a dynamic experience about who will be fighting and what the map will look like once the dust settled. We are currently working on flavorful event sequences as the player moves their unit from the Balkans down into Anatolia. This march takes roughly a year to a year and a half of game time and we hope that it will be a packed journey. Once the army has arrived, they can siege down a designated target as highlighted in the mission tasks. Doing so will allow the completion of the task and will triggered a scripted peace deal which will grant the player a portion of land which historically corresponds to the boundaries of these various tribes.

We also hope to give dynamic options about whether the player may choose to participate in both sides of the Aegean during the salvation secrets. We know that historically the Gauls ended up in Anatolia may have been part of the same group that initially attacked Pella and Delphi. While we are keeping the same strictures on which nations may attack for gameplay reasons, our long-term goal is to make this fun and chaotic experience to be as dynamic as possible.

q6tOH0oa0nlneOeDUomc_LsW7fL9rr6NmBCV3uNzQCXi5hGd7ktSwJ8XUuYCRHWuOs65RXh1XASAY_QTDQSY-sA0K4SyjzEy6NsH-cHHnrq9z95TXPK_pn9GnYFyZFSob5OOvnQW

The third phase in this mission tree comes after the initial settlement. The Galatians were feared in antiquity not just because of the initial conquest, but because of their perpetual raiding of the rich coast lines of Asia. See more details in Palando’s write-up on the topic: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...e-celts-in-pannonia-and-transylvania.1147295/ .

Yz_gVwMuFrWTX51fuuZfT3fFidc2qpTg1rBWV9GNxSMl5RWP0D3OFZ-IoZH13jDuSbQr6EQOuokv_eAzce88ACa871qIhEWiWXGLGywp8nPefmTsiOCFohKydNn7ZvcUxxkNO-gt

(Source: Cunliffe, The Ancient Celts)

So this next phase will utilize another interesting game feature: pillaging and razing of various cities in the region. The ‘Raiders’ and ‘Marauders’ tasks require a player to attack a certain number of cities in the acidity. This will also likely lead to some busy wars, so it may benefit the player to raze in the post-Ipsos world rather than try to attack the Diadochi. There are also some events which are in development related to the Galatians tendency to hire out their manpower as mercenaries. We are currently investigating the game features related to character adventuring and the mercenary client state creation. Out of these raids should come a rivalry or two with the local states. Historically, the Galatians were enemies with the kingdom of Pergamon and also the Mithridatic kingdom of Pontos. For our purposes, we currently require the player to attack the states which hold capitals of these particular regions. (Although we seek dynamism in gameplay, we will probably fall short of creating fully flexible rivalries for those of you who enjoy the EU4 feature.)

yeOoAYlda6qZ5i8mB1e-CUCxgBd5kOj2nHTDFplNq8Q6l-7kbDZsZugTIJZwiOlPBPyRRwdZzO-dd_clo6241ASkMWsN2uoZYyfJEYFbBxGEtpq2iiIg165MeFEkNvgkqczTtG4e

The settling down into these rivalries lead us to the fourth and final section of the mission tree which is about the long-term kingdom development. Currently, the tasks require centralization into a kingdom and there will be some engagement with an ethnogensis feature, yet to be determined. This task will be related to culture switching of the kingdom and its unique feature of having a Celtic language far removed from the Celtic homelands; it may even integrate aspects of the future Hellenization seen in the period (sadly we cannot cross cultural groups in this game). There is also the opportunity to gain a new heritage to this future. Finally, the player may form the kingdom of Galatia after uniting their neighboring tribes possibly through a dynamic tournament event or through conquest. We are open to creating more long-term goals depending on player feedback as those of you may want to paint the entire peninsula Celtic blue.

vsEqB-FY54IZY8c__AbvR7SPy1bBRu26jDvnjLQPQXSHAFY8ugYOEAhtlYyr3JtDQf5B34ypbOd3V8kXKHE1BM1GjOh5PNc7PkXauSKM2do27Zm9nrGiBYuCwcO7c8B7WCVS9SHh

Last edited:
  • 33Like
  • 9Love
Reactions:
Snowlet
I don't know if this is a bug or if it's something you guys will decide to change...
But Chandragupta Maurya is now no longer marrying the daughter of Seleukos Nikator Seleukid when the two agree with each other in that event at the beginning of the game ( In which Seleukid Kingdom hands over land to Maurya )

That's my fault, sry. On the culture's loc I wrote scythia_east instead of scythian_east...
It's already fixed on dev. We also fixed on devthe locs Greyhand pointed out
Any way we can hotfix this at the user's end?

Any way we can hotfix this at the user's end?
ofc
you just have to go to the localization folder of Invictus, then to the "English" folder. Inside the "english" folder you look for a file named "cultures". Open it with notepad or another software like that, and go to the end of the file, where it says "#Naming". Over there you'll find 2 lines, "scythia_east_malename" and "scythia_east_femalename". These are the lines you have to change "scythia" to "schytian".

Reactions:
Guys , add the state of Idumea and expand the Nabatea(for consideration and study)

With the formation of the Nabataean Kingdom (the end of the III century BC), most of the territory of Idumea became part of it. Western Idumea with a part of Southern Israel (the center is Hebron)- was an independent kingdom of Idumea, conquered by the Jewish king John Hyrcanus I of the Hasmonean dynasty at the end of the II century BC. Its entire population was converted to Judaism

Attachments

• Снимок экрана (10)_LI.jpg
    Снимок экрана (10)_LI.jpg
    2,5 MB · Views: 0
  • Снимок экрана (13)_LI.jpg
    Снимок экрана (13)_LI.jpg
    2,5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Taurians (for consideration and study)

In the decree found in Chersonesos in honor of Diophantus, the commander of King Mithridates, dating back to the II century BC, it is mentioned that the Taurians who lived near Chersonesos were subordinated. The king of the Bosporus Aspurgus, judging by a number of inscriptions, at the beginning of the I century subdued many surrounding tribes, including the Taurians.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана (11)_LI.jpg
    Снимок экрана (11)_LI.jpg
    2,6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
ofc
you just have to go to the localization folder of Invictus, then to the "English" folder. Inside the "english" folder you look for a file named "cultures". Open it with notepad or another software like that, and go to the end of the file, where it says "#Naming". Over there you'll find 2 lines, "scythia_east_malename" and "scythia_east_femalename". These are the lines you have to change "scythia" to "schytian".
Thanks.

For those who use Steam Workshop, you'll need to locate the folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\859580\2532715348\localization\english. 859580 is the serial number for Imperator in Steam, while 2532715348 is the serial number for Invictus.

Reactions:
Anyone else there has the similar problem with Invictus Bloodlines as I do? They basically killed republics for me. How? Because of the way how they work, how strong they are and how hard it is to introduce them into a republic families. The lack of Adopt option as well as ability to marry your relatives to the people you want them marry to, makes republican governments basically unplayable, unless you won't mind having a suboptimal playthrough.

For example in my Aigion->Achaea->Hellenic League game I have managed to implement about 12 different bloodlines into.. bloodstream, which was painful because you have to rely on RNG, plus to create an opportunity for that you have to take multiple hits in form of Tyranny, AE, Senate approval and extra legions cost.
And the results were still miserable. The best Archon I managed to get had 8 bloodlines, he ruled once, 10 years before the game end so he was irrelevant.

Meanwhile as Monarchy 8 bloodlines is what you can get in fourth-fifth generation, so ~110 years into the game. That's 8 extra base atributes, that means you don't really care how bad your ruler is because even the worst is better than anything republics can elect. And if you keep your eugenics program running you will easily have 16-18 bloodlines. Do I even have to say how massive advantage this gives you?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Anyone else there has the similar problem with Invictus Bloodlines as I do? They basically killed republics for me. How? Because of the way how they work, how strong they are and how hard it is to introduce them into a republic families. The lack of Adopt option as well as ability to marry your relatives to the people you want them marry to, makes republican governments basically unplayable, unless you won't mind having a suboptimal playthrough.

For example in my Aigion->Achaea->Hellenic League game I have managed to implement about 12 different bloodlines into.. bloodstream, which was painful because you have to rely on RNG, plus to create an opportunity for that you have to take multiple hits in form of Tyranny, AE, Senate approval and extra legions cost.
And the results were still miserable. The best Archon I managed to get had 8 bloodlines, he ruled once, 10 years before the game end so he was irrelevant.

Meanwhile as Monarchy 8 bloodlines is what you can get in fourth-fifth generation, so ~110 years into the game. That's 8 extra base atributes, that means you don't really care how bad your ruler is because even the worst is better than anything republics can elect. And if you keep your eugenics program running you will easily have 16-18 bloodlines. Do I even have to say how massive advantage this gives you?
Actually, stacking bloodlines is a bit OP right now, because there were many added by the mod and we also have the ones from vanilla. So you can "catch them all" and get quite powerful if you try to. So, I think the problem is not that republics have it harder to accumulate bloodlines, the problem is the bloodlines per se.

Reactions:
Actually, stacking bloodlines is a bit OP right now, because there were many added by the mod and we also have the ones from vanilla. So you can "catch them all" and get quite powerful if you try to. So, I think the problem is not that republics have it harder to accumulate bloodlines, the problem is the bloodlines per se.
Agreed. From a pure balance perspective, bloodlines give monarchies a massive advantage over republics. Simply removing bloodlines altogether would be the easiest and possibly fairest option, but it would destroy a lot of the flavour... Maybe this issue can balanced in another way without abandoning the entire feature.

• 2Like
Reactions:
In my mind, the most elegant solution to the bloodlines problem would be to make bloodlines only be passed on through the male line. It might not be perfect in terms of historical accuracy (although, correct me if I'm wrong, patrilineal descent was usually regarded as much more prestigious/legitimate), but it would be quite balanced. An example would be how the Sayyid (blood of Muhammed) trait is handled in CK3.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
For anyone who wants ways to manually fix some of the minor Heritage related issues using the latest version of Imperator Invictus (uploaded on the 23rd of February):
For Maeotia, Sindica, and Siracia add the following at the bottom of heritages_00_country_specific_l_english.yml found in Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\859580\2532715348\localization\english\heritage :

#Missing Scythian Heritages
maeotian_heritage:0 "Maeotian Heritage"
maeotian_heritage_desc:0 "Our ancestors have shown us the way forward."
sindi_heritage:0 "Sindi Heritage"
sindi_heritage_desc:0 "Our ancestors have shown us the way forward."
siracian_heritage:0 "Siracian Heritage"
siracian_heritage_desc:0 "Our ancestors have shown us the way forward."

EDIT: As Snowlet posted, the following is intended. Feel free to ignore.
For Gadir not using its own special heritage, add tag = GAD to the list below NOR = { under punic_heritage = { found in 00_cultures.txt, which in turn can be found in Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\859580\2532715348\common\heritage.

Last edited:
For anyone who wants ways to manually fix some of the minor Heritage related issues using the latest version of Imperator Invictus (uploaded on the 23rd of February):
For Maeotia, Sindica, and Siracia add the following at the bottom of heritages_00_country_specific_l_english.yml found in Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\859580\2532715348\localization\english\heritage :

#Missing Scythian Heritages
maeotian_heritage:0 "Maeotian Heritage"
maeotian_heritage_desc:0 "Our ancestors have shown us the way forward."
sindi_heritage:0 "Sindi Heritage"
sindi_heritage_desc:0 "Our ancestors have shown us the way forward."
siracian_heritage:0 "Siracian Heritage"
siracian_heritage_desc:0 "Our ancestors have shown us the way forward."

For Gadir not using its own special heritage, add tag = GAD to the list below NOR = { under punic_heritage = { found in 00_cultures.txt, which in turn can be found in Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\859580\2532715348\common\heritage.
Gadir is purposefully disabled atm.

Just in case its somehow helpful for the Imperator Invictus team a quick list of German translation issues I spotted after the new update:

- If you check the "Diadochi names" option, you get a placeholder string as name for Macedonia and Thrakia
- Regardless of formentioned setting, the name of the Antagonid empire is completely empty after having started the game
- the new tags in the region of Carthage and the one in the far north of the map have their 3-letter-acronyms instaed of proper names and new provinces/territories have placeholders as well
- several new heritages and historical wonder effects have placeholders
-I fixed the Antigonid empire name, so the fix will go for the next patch/hotfix
In case you want to try, the fix is easy. you have to go to the german localization folder. Inside the folder look for the countries file. Inside this file, look for the line "PRY_DYN:0 "[HoleLand('PRY').Zoll('get_pry_name')]". You just have to change "Zoll" for "Custom"

-This weekend I'll check the "diadochi names" settings
-Regarding the tags without names, I cannot give you an ETA, but we'll try to get it as soon as we can.

• 2Like
Reactions: