• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
in the Judea mission when the Nabataeans refuse to be feudatories, they give you claims for a territory in the Dacia region, the problem is in the event file: line 649
p:4860 = { add_claim = root }

with change to:
p:729 = { add_claim = root }
it works.

Another thing if Egypt does not declare war on Antigonus (it has happened to me several times, when Antigonus gives up the territories without fighting) a part of the mission remains on standby for 10 years, an option would be to reduce the years or modify the mission (task 18) so that it activates if they have a truce. changing the line 1132:
c:EGY = {
war_with = c: PRY
}
by:
OR = {
}
has_truce_with = c: PRY
}
}

Reactions:
in the Judea mission when the Nabataeans refuse to be feudatories, they give you claims for a territory in the Dacia region, the problem is in the event file: line 649
p:4860 = { add_claim = root }

with change to:
p:729 = { add_claim = root }
it works.

Another thing if Egypt does not declare war on Antigonus (it has happened to me several times, when Antigonus gives up the territories without fighting) a part of the mission remains on standby for 10 years, an option would be to reduce the years or modify the mission (task 18) so that it activates if they have a truce. changing the line 1132:
}
by:
OR = {
}
has_truce_with = c: PRY
}
}
the 2nd modification doesn't make sense, because the event that gets triggered adds you to the war. In addition, the task gets bypassed after 10 yrs (in case the two get at each other's throats at a later date). The 2nd event also gets triggered in task 5.
I have fixed the claim.

Last edited:
the 2nd modification doesn't make sense, because the event that gets triggered adds you to the war. In addition, the task gets bypassed after 10 yrs (in case the two get at each other's throats at a later date). The 2nd event also gets triggered in task 5.
I have fixed the claim.
the event adds you to the war whenever it exists, otherwise you only get the opinion modifiers, be careful only put it as an option, since it has happened to me (about 50% of the time) that Antigonus gives up the territories without fighting and task 5 depends on having one of those territories (742 #Kadasa). What can be obtained in another way? Yes, but it involves declaring war on Egypt with much less power than you would have with those sections of the full quest. Waiting 10 years for that task to be annulled seems like a lot to me, although you can go on your own and conquer arabia as time goes by, it is most likely that egypt will attack you before attacking antigonus and by taking that path it lacks sense to have that mission.
Is it possible to follow another path? Yes. but it involves getting samaria or judea, depending on who you play, before you can with task 26 or 27, just like nabataea can be obtained before the task. But as I said, it makes no sense to have an active mission if it doesn't contribute anything when it gets stuck at one point. With this I do not mean that the territories are given away without doing anything, only that there is an alternative path in case they do not declare war.

Another thing in task 26 and 27 have the same requirement and for me the annex should ask for a little more opinion.

I am playing as Rome and I am now at 753 AUC (0 AD) and would like to know when the Game ends due to the Mod?

I know that Vanilla ends at either 27 BC or 14 AD, (I can't remember which)

I am playing as Rome and I am now at 753 AUC (0 AD) and would like to know when the Game ends due to the Mod?

I know that Vanilla ends at either 27 BC or 14 AD, (I can't remember which)
Vanilla: 27 BC
Invictus: 1 BC (a day before 1 AD - the year 0 doesn't exist btw)

Reactions:
DD39: Thebes and Argos missions
Dev Diary 39: Thebes and Argos missions
Salvete! Today we'll be presenting to you a full set of missions for the mighty city of Thebes and a mission tree for Argos.
But first, the mac version is out; it will be updated parallel to the normal mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2765744228
We tried very hard to get the main mod working on Mac but due to an engine bug it is simply not possible, so for you Mac users, we instead have a version which lacks some map changes but shouldn't crash.

Also for those of you seeking to play in an mp, make sure to go check out the Paradox Roleplay Server, they'll be starting a campaign this Wednesday: https://discord.gg/4hWCwPDAZQ

Dementive here with more Greek missions. Thebes is a city in Boeotia that has ruled over the surrounding area for many years. 30 years before game start Alexander the Great destroyed the city leaving only ruins. However, Thebes was rebuilt by Kassander with the help of other Greek cities. At game start Thebes has been reduced to 1 province and is surrounded by powerful Diadochi. 4 new mission trees have been made for Thebes to restore the former glory of the city and much more.

The first mission tree starts with tasks to rebuild the city back to greatness and to prepare for war against Boeotia, who completely surrounds Thebes.
(new missions icons are made by Pureon)
Y6v3Vcd_syIg-Dg1S6rSj0yPvo-zZ2haRw4qFt8AXglplvL_x5a7F-_9EnZVEDla3z44ITWCmypzsnruJvXDb0oKJE3VCPTmgOjq-kGGQAcXBQEs5TI2d1V47dTMvfKncwCReyfx

After the war with Boeotia Thebes will have to consolidate its hold over the whole province of Boeotia and decide how to deal with old rivals, and new friends along the way.
XFbxrJWgkbO6BfrdVgD5S_dCkcTRO9T_AizL3Wok0keS5Cq6x9cU1MWE-ij1uCF5itfXE_99yoPW1Uhk8GYpswy_StDLDxO1Zr7z8m4-cJipL__t53npfrNM57K7_U9M02SgXTKa

7wX5uJkVFvRhbcUeK8qUwkFdVL6lP99PBkq7mAecQU2JZ05zwMuQTh1aZAAOK2cw-RTBaq0tNEtCEC2dd9BuwHZ8ofmC44E4ZvKjX4HFu-tYYDUEfZI0fPoDREoeRZlImTcpFD_u

The second mission tree deals with the two ancient rivals of Thebes: Athens and Sparta. Conquer the rivals of Thebes and decide their fate with this action packed mission tree!
BFxuX4rUT1kDkp0FbEyG1PKZvFA6HGDAaTN9pPggENwYFXwHdKmFYOl93zvjP07e7zVpGa4isCrqBzpXC_VTYSaNgf-OInl6QfG4AMXi9OnbjvuedOmVsM7X8wcXPMQhu11EYPjT

The 3rd mission tree for Thebes is focused around developing the newly conquered lands of Greece to ensure the prosperity of Thebes moving forward.
CNJxhY4MNLB6pBsV-ervPDswUwN_O5xmypS-xnMN7uP2stF7UiTEWVIRm2hbJLvbtT_lkOxuhBp3Mn5ynp47Yf9y6s6gn-TcgpJ5Va7ZwuH0MRhQ2PCq0Omuyr0dX7zalcQaZDm5

The 4th mission tree will go through the conquest of most of the neighbouring Greek world and should keep you busy until the end game.
c7W-GFdILCwEV--1iHvq64PNaoQvWhyq25dHMIyubhjUqCF96SflxbL-rC7qTZ-pXGik0uusXKkKqnP3FNEHhh87Ncq74JAHvTLvWXmbO-n1Q_0PIEkpN3aTtp5gGNhI1KZ_IatB

With 70+ new mission tasks Thebes is now the single most flavorful city state in the game!

Argos is also getting a single mission tree that will take them through asserting dominance over the Argolid, destroying their Spartan rivals, and developing the Peloponnese.
tOKV5M9QqN3OYalHmkUcHoHf6Icnl1mesFLO6MIE7q_Fz4WnuCSQ060SKkNqtECECM3TOy8MYTtSVwsfPldOzL9TjR88L6VbleuA6mLOZEu-c9kkUEtjv3E2K-FftJNqwr5v1orQ

After conquering the Peloponnese and completing this mission tree the vanilla Hellenic League mission tree will become available.

That’s all I've got today in a future dev diary I will be going into some changes that have been made to character interactions.

Last edited:
  • 25Like
  • 5Love
Reactions:
Argos I understand, but Thebes.. after what Alexander did to that city, making any connection between old Thebes and new Thebes looks like some kind of fantasy.
Legacies and cities can be rebuilt, it just takes effort, money and a great ruler to convince people this is why his city is so great, because it is the reincarnation of old.
Anyway, it wouldn't be the first time nations/cities claim an old legacy to give more legitimacy and international prestige.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Argos I understand, but Thebes.. after what Alexander did to that city, making any connection between old Thebes and new Thebes looks like some kind of fantasy.
Kassandros actually did rebuild the city and populated it with exiled citizens of Thebes, so there is quite a continuity between both polities

• 1Like
Reactions:
Quick question:

Do mission trees have the event pictures as promised earlier? İ couldn't see them in Ashoka.

And more character interactions? Please give us a teaser :D

• 3Like
Reactions:
Love that Thebes gets a truck load of love. Makes my heart sing as if inspired by the Muses.

EDITED: And by the way, is there any chance that this mod will get an extension of the game's timeline? :) - Found the answer in another post on another thread, case closed.

Last edited:
DD40: Duel system and Tagswitching
Dev Diary 40: Duel system and Tagswitching

Salvete! Today we’ll be talking about some small changes to enticing Governor and several character interactions, a whole new duelling system and tag switching for our Indian content. But first I'd like to apologise to Pureon who I forgot to credit for the new mission task icons he’s made and we’re slowly starting to use as seen in last DD

Dementive here with more fun changes for Invictus. Some small changes to character interactions have been made. To start, the entice governor interaction now has a greater cost and can only be used on the same nation once every 10 years. This is because we felt it wasn't right to be able to constantly entice governors from the same nation as this could be used to pick apart a big nation very quickly and easily.

A new character interaction that is available for tribal nations has been made: Tribal Duel. A Tribal ruler can now challenge a rival ruler to a duel!

lSODlszo08N0basyqjpyGZQZO2uwJW_PioBz4-n-2WoOhh_s7QjgAQ8tgA7mn0oEM5qCLo_qwv6Czm6pwoJly1O_p1UjNHKaojnwSB2bv5Jh6bH9AjWzBGvayAsFPJzW7v7VDnK6

This will fire an event chain that starts by choosing who should fight in the duel, your current ruler or a champion.

_0aa2-J1JHfq1gpJnvJzoyD6jIa_XMJ_l2-ZXLPZH-1Vw09llhXqyT9sEEx5rEpcsgKk9KSnmC_13ijkre85TeYotMD9mUdy5jeiN8qLeJK1NEcaqfc38Ie_R4I90ooCrBJzhUL1

After choosing who will fight in the duel the fighter will then have to choose a weapon for the upcoming duel:

8tiH1eVwVAP4hyZ-pf6dm8dR3HtwzpsUUqHBLGvcViJFeL06PjPQ6HokMZ3mdE1LOzCYyYNPOFkgqjQim02CsIsiaCW__VyScRKljBzH13d6bRFzdhgiyXQKTlhhu4AdxyN20yza

3 rounds of combat will take place in a duel with opponents inflicting damage on each other based on their martial and their choice of weapon as well as a healthy amount of random chance. After each round damage will be inflicted and you can choose to continue fighting or to surrender. If you or your opponent dies in combat a victor will be crowned.

U_cIvgmCU6QdfJmQuZhar4PSJMJFDaiLPhgW7lsVNvo4CYmDZqk6R0kdaDSvVVcMEDxEgmUO_zOUs23XDpTcBlit6GnpRILD0EAEzvn7f6KUiKIkV1l0QXz-uN4QAguCMksGnWyc

There are 20+ descriptions for this event and it has a lot of really interesting possible outcomes. If 3 rounds of combat have gone by and no one has died a truce will be called and the fighters will live to fight another day.

4Znes_VjaNULcM3Ajg5uIqneSWcoxGUY_djB4Fy2CwHnSoQZhE1b6AWs6OvmU1ykUfZm0XdLDNQ-FuuoV6caPOLURlxXAsVweL-kx9LYY4LB8pjXIHJ0MpxhVXvPAgvtl49Lt4o-

The other two character interactions that have been made are a lot more straightforward. Get divorced and force divorce are new interactions that will allow you to control the marital affairs of the characters in your country.

xS5ds2CJcdo7-RB-fSskYTNFWddVktBBAoVPD9OT1Xh__7Mx0MfN1F2JK1d_kPpQ3ISLozD2YqjhtqlAd2Vf_4NWEXZW9rtfV5Qjmb8lpz0hUC2VH9cmFsFAyhp3NDAw8GWVBvFK

YkqzPdfuJsKS3a8-waWcBFqBqMYIs_muKZO2z3uZAiDQgtDrBoloTt43aJXqi89if3PDZggIW6aymL6aHIG10Or1MSRUsop1jHPQV5aSngKsD5sO6kPjFZYoYC-o2Bzatc_u0GiD

To force the divorce of characters that are outside of the ruling family you must take the Approved Familia oratory invention.

MX7SEg7sOVXDslYY3J_JCgP7WaA6bleXwSuQknL3Mk26A4TcIKF8Ww1HyyH6X2h6xb_nwGNW4BiYHoWx4zx118ry26gT_12rfTIqQIor1Mc8HUh_67-Lrihsy5xCCUn4brGlRLQh

I really want to add more character interactions into the game, if anyone can think of any that aren’t in the game that you would like let us know! There’s a good chance it’ll be added if it’s a good suggestion.

Some big changes have been made to the Mauryan collapse event chain. Originally there was no way to play as the countries that were released during the events. However, now all of these nations are playable! First you’ll get the option to play as the Deccan dynasty of Satavahana and take control of the south from Maurya:

8Zwfl_I8OFx8lv0MSKqPxkl8HDEa39OXTlPUv9lzqIm9wmLpzytQv0hpJfBAA7Dnp6cvyktIjjK_Jw-DSM_jBwQOKHND5Hh_PE8v2JlTBXhS3diGsVMNkcgT1RzVlYtoYN7Lb_sh

The next opportunity you’ll get to jump ship and abandon Maurya will be a few years later when the Indo-Greek Coalition declares independence. You will now have the option to play as any of the 5 Indo-Greek states that were released:

EwwjDGPCx00cVTt5YKOf8_Np8hgMWTu0TNw6Af2JQg62WNzPYaaMna7bX80ehlOn2dguItRvaXSWg3-cLdSyXDM7JiK6GuISVZ6SZJbJqGNaWOzD4J-4PQ9KkLWSeNbzF-XvQddV

Playing as one of the Indo-Greeks will give you Greco-Indian primary culture and will allow access to the Indo-Greek Kingdom formable nation. Additionally, the mission trees that the Indian formable gets will also become available to a player who chooses to play as an Indo-Greek king.

The final opportunity to abandon Maurya will be when the Shunga dynasty revolts:

EDKjRgmYiB6EbtT1NaqVzOqvalXZC0FMQssQX8M_1WFnhhzbP9PMsEc4a92TWck1brrw8C-1hDA3XRPu7ikcFCXoWaiu6HS7-9KU2_PueJGCX5gqLSKfNhbjHDupERkYXovVpys_

Lastly some more deities have been made for the Zoroastrian and Hindu religions. Zoroastrians now have 7 new deities. While Hindus have 20 new deities, 13 of which are exclusive to Dravidian nations.

Note from Snowlet about tagswitching: the system Dementive has designed for this is very modular meaning we can implement tagswitching in more places now should we so desire.

• 25Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
Just out of curiosity. The divorce stuff:
  • What is the historical precedent?
  • And more importantly, what is the gameplay that this is trying to allow?
As always, thank you for continuing to improve this awesome game.

For more character interactions, I'd borrow the original intentions that CK3 had as a character-based role play. Characters are Imperator's least developed features, in my opinion.

Things like becoming friends, lovers and rivals all help tell a story throughout the years.

Friends and rivals are in the game already, but I often find that I am deciding to do these things out of strategy needs rather than because of my character. I am not suggesting removing the strategic gameplay, but it would be great if the game tracked character events that then would trigger the player's ability to opt into a character interaction free of charge, as an incentive.

Say you have an Alliance that has lasted for quite some time, with many wars fought together. If the two rulers traits align, the game could let the player befriend the other ruler free of charge, incentivising the player to take action that aligns with world events without removing any agency from the player. (and maybe causing a jealous wife/son/brother of the ruler to declare rivalry or something...)
This is an exceedingly simple example, but anything that strengthens that sort of emergent gameplay is welcomed by me.

I would understand if some here would not want this type of CK3-ness added to Imperator, but with CK3 failing to live up to this type of gameplay and devolving into a meme fabricator, I would like to find more of that content in Imperator.

So, in recap, what I am suggesting is a way for the game to reward/incentivise the player for using the existing Character Interactions in ways that enforces an emergent storyline rather then using those interactions just for strategic gain.

• 1Like
Reactions:
A new character interaction that is available for tribal nations has been made: Tribal Duel. A Tribal ruler can now challenge a rival ruler to a duel!
This option should be a vanilla option, but character layer in Imperator is just half-baked feature. One of many tbh.

Among the other options I would love to see "Commit suicide", available naturally to characters with Depressed trait, but also to those with permanent health issues, to Lunatics, or maybe even to those who lost duel, "honourable sudoku" It could for example take some time to prepare and several outcomes, like friend intervention, failed attempt or Lunatic classic suicide with a battering ram. Also it would make a decent new death cause.

Monarchs could use a "Have an Heir" option, because sometimes two Lustful characters still have a problem with that...

Last edited:
Reactions:
Oh, another idea:

Encourage/Discourage war. It would be awesome to find some way to encourage or discourage the AI likelihood to go to war with another AI/player. This could open gameplays such as:
  1. Bait AI into making an offensive war against you, where you are the defender. Something like insulting the other nation...
  2. Encourage an ally with claims to start a war you know you'd be called into, helping you gobble up some territory as a by-product.
  3. Encourage states into infighting to make them weaker
  4. Discourage allies from overstretching or opening multiple fronts
  5. etc.

These types of thing would help open gameplay avenues of gaining territory without fabricating claims. I hate that fabricating claims is the default, rather than the last resort, way of gaining territory. It feels unrealistic, but more importantly, it does nothing to help tell an interesting story as it is purely a gameplay feature without any flavour.

Reactions:
What is the historical precedent?

Presumably the fact that divorces have been a thing probably as long as marriages have?

Reactions: