Hotfix is live | Patch 1.2.1-f1 info.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TotalyMoo

Manager of Things
94 Badges
Jun 5, 2012
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Sengoku
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
Greetings!

It's been a week since we launched After Dark and we are very satisfied with how it's been received so far.

Having that said we also encountered some quirks and issues that needed to be solved ASAP. We are working on a second hotfix to solve the bug where modders can not access leisure and tourism buildings and will update you with an ETA on this when we're able.

With no further ado we present patch 1.2.1-f1!

Major changes in bold.

-Fixed an issue where the game loading could get stuck if a custom asset created prior to the unique building category feature was subscribed.
-Asset editor: the offset of the car lights for night time caused the lights to always show from the center of the car. Now they are at the right position.
-Asset editor: the position of the car lights at night time are now exposed in the properties panel.
-Asset editor: the properties panel now support dragging of a float value so it is easier to visualize position. If an horizontal blue arrow appears when hovering the name of a field, click and drag to increase/decrease the value instead of typing it directly.
-Asset editor: the default category selection when selecting a car template was incorrect, now it is correct.

Regards,
The Cities Team

Reactions:
So there is no way we can go back & play the pre After Dark version on Steam, by selecting an older version. I can easily do this with EU4 & CK2 so don't know why I cannot do it with this game.

So there is no way we can go back & play the pre After Dark version on Steam, by selecting an older version. I can easily do this with EU4 & CK2 so don't know why I cannot do it with this game.

Nope. This is mostly due to the fact that mods will completely break down if people keep playing different game versions.

Reactions:
There is no avoiding the current base level patch level (which is for the best), that said it would be nice for expansion owners to disable a certain expansion that they own temporarily.
I think they should add a --DisableExpansion: ExpansionEnumNameHere commandline option, it would help for those that want to test for those with AD (or future expansions) and those without AD, as well as for those whom for some reason didn't want to play with AD enabled - like maybe they want to build a city for sharing that they know will have max compatibility.

/2cents

With regard to the patch... Thanks for the quick turn around on those issues.

Last edited:
Different base patch levels are not feasible for us. One of major reasons is that it'd make the problem of mod incompatibility far worse than it is today. Perhaps we or Steam can come up with a solution to this in the future, but I can't make any promises regarding that.

As for disabling DLCs on your current patch level, this is already possible to do in Steam. In your Steam Library, when Cities Skylines is selected, there's a section called "DLC", below "Achievements". There should be a set of checkboxes to allow you to selectively disable DLCs and expansions. This works for all games, and not just Cities Skylines.

Reactions:
Nope. This is mostly due to the fact that mods will completely break down if people keep playing different game versions.
I dont understand this. EU4 seems to handle this without any issues.

Reactions:
yay, car lights. both

ck2 too. doesn't really make sense.

what bothers me more, is that with super memory usage, yellow/bright colours, games just not loading, they focused on fixing car lights.
oh, that's right, "brutal yellow" is a feature not a bug. changing that is an "improvement".

so if you released with a pink overlay instead of a yellow one would that to be "not a bug"?

EUIV doesn't support workshop mods, that's the big difference. When we have a platform with custom content linked to the one place you can play the game it's very different. If you want to mod EU/CK you need to manually apply the mod.

Reactions:
EUIV doesn't support workshop mods, that's the big difference. When we have a platform with custom content linked to the one place you can play the game it's very different. If you want to mod EU/CK you need to manually apply the mod.

ck2. not ck, ck2. and you have to enable the mod from the launcher, not an in game content manager. so that's the difference.
workshop doesn't/shouldn't care about game versions. in most cases neither do the mods (in ck2 they can have dependancies towards DLC and other mods).
iirc there are currently 4 different versions of ck2 available on steam via beta menu.

EUIV doesn't support workshop mods

Are you sure? Before I started downloading the mods and manually installing them, i used the workshop for my EU4 mods. i had issues because i dont use the cloud, but the workshop IS supported. In fact there are way more than 1000 mods available on the workshop for EU4 at this very moment. Im not trying to be a dick; but either I am missing something, or you are.

-Asset editor: the offset of the car lights for night time caused the lights to always show from the center of the car. Now they are at the right position.
-Asset editor: the position of the car lights at night time are now exposed in the properties panel.
-Asset editor: the default category selection when selecting a car template was incorrect, now it is correct.

Regards,
The Cities Team

Yessss !!! Now I'll be able to update my cars without getting a degree in engineering :D

Now fix the day light guys... urgent !!!!!!! :p

Reactions:
Different base patch levels are not feasible for us. One of major reasons is that it'd make the problem of mod incompatibility far worse than it is today. Perhaps we or Steam can come up with a solution to this in the future, but I can't make any promises regarding that.

As for disabling DLCs on your current patch level, this is already possible to do in Steam. In your Steam Library, when Cities Skylines is selected, there's a section called "DLC", below "Achievements". There should be a set of checkboxes to allow you to selectively disable DLCs and expansions. This works for all games, and not just Cities Skylines.
:cool:

I always figured that would actually uninstall said DLC (I suppose in CSL it doesn't as it's one set of files) didn't know it would just tell the game I don't have it \ not to load it. That's handy information thanks, /me starts wondering what other simple things I've not figured out about Steam.:rolleyes:

Is there any work being done on the oversaturation/overdark issues even with day/night disabled?

Yeah, I agree. If not, how can I revert? This was the first game I ever bought off of steam. Now I'm pretty much regretting this decision. All it takes is the flick of the switch for the devs to ruin the game. FIX THIS PLEASE. Or at least tell me how to roll back. I cannot and will not play it in the current condition, it's painful.

Update: Oh yeah...Please the fix the yellow burning hell this update has put my cities in as well. (screenshot attached).

Attachments

• snapshot5.jpg
    snapshot5.jpg
    311,9 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Reactions:
Yeah, I agree. If not, how can I revert? This was the first game I ever bought off of steam. Now I'm pretty much regretting this decision. All it takes is the flick of the switch for the devs to ruin the game. FIX THIS PLEASE. Or at least tell me how to roll back. I cannot and will not play it in the current condition, it's painful.

Update: Oh yeah...Please the fix the yellow burning hell this update has put my cities in as well. (screenshot attached).

The reply I received up the top of the thread was that it wasn't possible to rollback, quoting mod support, though CK2 & EU4 have no issues with this. Strange & really annoying.

Reactions:
The reply I received up the top of the thread was that it wasn't possible to rollback, quoting mod support, though CK2 & EU4 have no issues with this. Strange & really annoying.

I'm sure if a Mod for either of those two games came out that used functionality introduced in a DLC then if you tried to use an earlier version of the game that Mod would break.

If users of C:SL were allowed to switch to a earlier version, what would happen to Workshop Mods that used functionality only available in the current version.

There's a world of hurt no matter what you do.

To be honest I don't understand why people aren't patient to wait to see what CO does about a visual issue that's not game breaking. Even if people find the game "unplayable" then put it down for a bit and play something else.

Personally I found the colours a little bright on Tropical, but fine (not perfect) on Temperate so I've just switched over for the time being.

Reactions: