• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When our vassals start fighting each other, courtier pregnancies and so on?
So true!!! Vassal war notification for when your vassals declare war on foreign rulers and notifications for when your courtiers are pregnant and give birth. Also when grandchildren become adults.

Have you checked out my post? I mention a lot of this and more. I talk about grandparents and grandchildren, the courtier system and wandering system.

Let me know what you think

Reactions:
Why should a player be notified when a courtier gets pregnant? If the courtier is not your lover, then this has zero gameplay effect on player. This would just add more useless pop-up events to this game and there is already plenty of them.

Vassal wars are a different topic though in my opinion. It would be great if a player could have a notification when a vassal war starts. This is especially true if the devs could add more player agency in those wars.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Why should a player be notified when a courtier gets pregnant?

The OP and the above quote are why this game needs message settings (click here for the suggestion thread): different players want to be notified of different things. With message settings in place, more notifications can be added to the system (many of which might not even be displayed by default) and then each player can decide for themselves what they want to be notified of. If someone wants to be notified of everything that happens in their court, then I say let them. If someone else wants to be notified only of things pertaining directly to their character and (maybe) their heir, then let them do that. This is not a game for a one-size-fits-all notification setup.

Reactions:
Why should a player be notified when a courtier gets pregnant? If the courtier is not your lover, then this has zero gameplay effect on player. This would just add more useless pop-up events to this game and there is already plenty of them.

Vassal wars are a different topic though in my opinion. It would be great if a player could have a notification when a vassal war starts. This is especially true if the devs could add more player agency in those wars.
Because some people prefer to make a courtier house a loyal and long term knight/council house. So educating the children is important

Reactions:
Morven was keeping dungeonyak’s Configurable News Feed mod updated until September; since then a number of posters have reported that the now out-of-date mod crashes their games. It’s a must-have mod for me, and I won’t play without it. If Morven doesn’t return (and I hope s/he’s okay), I am hoping someone else takes over maintaining the mod.

It does (did) exactly what you’re asking for.

Reactions: