No DD today + 1.33 Open Beta feedback update

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, you're right; but as long as we've changed a bit how CB restriction work (so, now you will be allowed to ask for provinces after having requested the main CB objective), it should be fine.

I noticed something else odd in the same game. After calling in Aragon, their troops just stand at the border with France doing nothing. The same with Naples. The French troops are far away in the north, so there's no reason why Aragon shouldn't start sieging the French border fort next door. I've attached a save.

Not sure if it is related, but I called in Portugal earlier into the same war, and for a while their troops also stood around doing nothing for a while. In this case there was a huge French stack in Labourd, and once that stack went elsewhere, the Portuguese finally started to cross Castile and head to France.

Could it be that the AI has gotten smart enough to not try in ally wars, like human players? That's probably too optimistic to hope for.

Attachments

• England1448_11_11.eu4
    4,9 MB · Views: 0
I think some buffs for Espionage could be allow chain claims (like the Age of Discovery ability), allow claim area (like tsardom), reduce liberty desire of subject, reduce autonomy, allow steal institution (something like force share institution). Just some thoughts.

Reactions:
Kepp the current fort numbers tbh. Its a great change
set up construction in such a way that the bot does not build fortresses in each NEIGHBORING province - it sometimes does this. However, when you see how there are fortresses all over the control zone in the country, it's cool.
1644586025708.png
1644586060919.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
I don't think it should be like this
The screenshot is in Russian, but the bottom line is that I don't have enough trading distance, but this is my colony

Attachments

• eu4_1272.png
    eu4_1272.png
    1,8 MB · Views: 0
If I've completely occupied another country by force, ending the war or not should be in my hands. They're not really in a position to demand anything at that point, are they?
They're not demanding anything, they're unconditionally surrendering. Ending the war is still in your hands, but you'll get extra WE from not ending a war that's already over and won.

• 8Like
Reactions:
I think some buffs for Espionage could be allow chain claims (like the Age of Discovery ability), allow claim area (like tsardom), reduce liberty desire of subject, reduce autonomy, allow steal institution (something like force share institution). Just some thoughts.
giving Espionage a tiny bit of admin efficiency would probably make it good, since its so garbage now. Could replace audit checks

• 1Like
Reactions:
I was excited to try out the a new RP Ming run, playing tall and only expanding through the new 6th mandate reform by vassalling tributaries. But was bummed out with the mandate to dev cap, by 1530s when I got the 6th reform, most of my tributaries like Korea, Dai Viet and Ayutthaya was already too big too (by like 3-5%) be vassalized using the new mechanic and had to break tribute like before to expand making the 6th reform kind of pointless.

I have a few potiential suggestion for the tributary vassalize mechanic to spice things up so you can vassalize some tributary that are acturally worth vassalling and give the emperor more things to play with. (all the numbers I have in the suggestsion are just something I came up with from the back of my head. I'm sure a better number can be came up with after some testing)

1st: a new diplomatic action for the emperor of china that lowers the mandate cost for vassalization for a tributary by 0.5% each year with a cap of 50% that requires a diplomat to maintain . This would allow players to vassalize slightly bigger tributaries like korea and dai viet if they really wanted to with some extra effort but also wouldn't be game breaking considering you only have limited amount of diplomats and would requires many years of keeping them at one nation to get the benefit on only that one tributary.

2nd: ways for the emperor of china to demand tributaries to return lands if they take lands off other tributaries like the HRE unlawful territory demand costing relations and mandate so you have a say in maintaining the balance of power between your tributaries.

3rd: changing the tributary vassalling process from instant into something similar to diplomatic annexation. It will be a bar the needs to be filled using mandate. diplomatic repuation and the size of the country will effect how fast the process is. +1 mandate used per month per diplomatic reputation and -1 mandate used per month per 80 dev the country have (or somthing)

4th: a 7th reform that reduces the mandate cost of vassalling a tributary from 40% of dev to 20%.

implementing any of my suggestion would sovle the issue I had with new EOC change without being game breaking. It wouldn't effect AI Ming too much as well since every time Ming uses the 6th reform (if an AI Ming can actually survive to the 6th reform) will greatly lower their mandate and make them vunarable to attacks from players and another chance for ming to collapse.

Reactions:
They're not demanding anything, they're unconditionally surrendering. Ending the war is still in your hands, but you'll get extra WE from not ending a war that's already over and won.
It's the AI flipping the switch to turn on the war exhaustion, but regardless of how you frame it it makes no sense for war exhaustion to immediately start ticking up AFTER all the actual pain has ended for your side

Reactions:
I feel like if a nation can "Sinicize" their culture into the Chinese culture group, shouldn't the EOC be able do that as well?
If EOC control all of a culture's province (that can "Sinicize" themself) and have passed the 3rd EOC reform can spend 20 (or something) mandate to "Sinicize" that culture.

Reactions:
AI still builds forts right next to one another. Minors still builds forts only to mothball it rather than building up to forcelimit or hiring advisors. Seriously what is the logic that Dawasir builds a fort but maintains only 3 units? I see so many minors wasting their money on building and maintaining forts just running the game for like 15 years. This is how they end up in debt spiral.

Reactions:
Found a bug in the beta when you demand tributaries to return core lands to other tributaries with favors, it doesnt work, the tributary on the reciving side of the demand only lose their core on the province but doesnt acturally return land.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Still no word from anybody from Paradox about things like the Black Army, or the Swiss Guard? As it stands the merc change absolutely destroyed the merc meta anyway, but I feel as though the nations that have special mercenaries like this should still be able to use them and not have them be itty bitty useless armies.

• 2Like
Reactions:
especially when you get +0.50 per month from an Indian tribe thousands of kilometers away from Europe, whose existence no one even knows and whose fate no one cares about, but you are obliged to make peace because..... I do not know why, there is no logic in this

Reactions:
I was excited to try out the a new RP Ming run, playing tall and only expanding through the new 6th mandate reform by vassalling tributaries. But was bummed out with the mandate to dev cap, by 1530s when I got the 6th reform, most of my tributaries like Korea, Dai Viet and Ayutthaya was already too big too (by like 3-5%) be vassalized using the new mechanic and had to break tribute like before to expand making the 6th reform kind of pointless.
oh yeah. We have made the sixth reform, but you use it only once and you will be disappointed in it, because we always do this. We will not add the missions of the Ming Empire either, because we have worked through the Chinese region several times, which means it is very logical (irony)

However, it is not completely useless - absorbing about 250 development points with one button is not bad. But tributaries are as inconvenient as it is possible in principle in the game, so it all resembles dancing with a tambourine - now I have to somehow cut the development of the Kilva, but I can't do it directly, I either have to somehow send condottieri or tear up the vassal contract... God, it's easier for me to just declare war on him and not engage in these perversions

Attachments

• eu4_1280.png
    eu4_1280.png
    1,7 MB · Views: 0
A bad QoL change occur. Please consider a fix. We can't split up to 1k regiment by pressing 's' having multiple regiments selected. It change everything for carpet siegieng. It seems minor but add tediousness.

• 3Like
Reactions: