Open Beta Patch 1.11.5 (Steam Only) Mk3 - Checksum 8d69

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also there is a long standing problem with AI Germany that it justifies and declares on Luxembourg regularly when at war with Czech or France without any good reason. Usually it does only harm to them as it brings the UK and/or France into war against them and they gain very little or nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions:
When at war the Soviet Union can have a terrain modifier applied to the states around Moscow.
The modifier gives -100% factories in state.

There is no way to remove it after war. So Monarchist Russia basically loses all the factories in the Moscow area.
Same problem with the "Invaders must die" terrain modifier not disappearing after Germany (or any other nation) has annexed the Soviet Union, permanently debuffing the territory. Or with Free France's terrain modifiers on French core territory. I hope all terrain modifiers will get a "removal condition" at some point, once the country that triggered them no longer exists they should get removed. Or only last for one additional year or something.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Was hoping for a fix for focus awarded generals and commanders earning trait xp.

Most of the stuff I want to do in game have these bugged generals.

Reactions:
This very annoying bug (introduced in 1.11.4 beta) has also not been fixed.

Reactions:
Apparently the latest patches brought back old bugs. Read the comments here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2020540296
Oooook.... I am usually a very calm, balanced person, but this is starting to annoy the heck out of me.

I strongly suggest that the Development Lead and the Tech Lead get their teams in order not to behave like a bunch of drunken elephants in a chinaware store knocking over things that were previously fixed or not broken like they did with patch 1.11.4 beta, 1.11.4 and 1.11.5 beta.

I sincerely hope that the new Dev Lead does not repeat the mistakes in the fiasco called Imperator Rome.

• 17Like
Reactions:
What's the bug there? Vichy France can't take it's first national focus or something?
Exactly... it has been posted as bug on Nov 26th and has not been fixed yet either.

For some reason, the leader name of Vichy France is chosen at random now.... and there we thought Leviathan could not get worse.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
So I played Poland on non-historical. Germany had its civil war, once that ended I still had to supress the Nazi party, then Lithuania declared war on me, which resulted in the Ban the Nazi party focus being skipped resulting in me being locked out of the ability to recore Danzig. Why is that focus being skipped when a country declares war on me?

• 3Like
Reactions:
Don't you are suggest the game is unplayable for you! As long as not every single country is not unplayable the game is fine! Usually the response I've seen. There are several bugs making the game unplayable for people. Yes you could play another nation and aspect of the game, but perhaps that's not what I want, or you want, or somebody else want. Ergo making the game unplayable for certain people . Yes it's subjective until we can come together and make some sort of common accepted definition of the word and failing to recognizing that is not that empathic.

This mod however fixes vichy france - search for vichy france quick fix on the workshop.

• 2Like
Reactions:
@MatRopert : I might be mistaken, but it seems this part seems to be broken before and after the beta patch:
- In civil war process, when copying unit leaders, use the clone function rather than recreating the unit leader from template (some unit leaders do not have template). Also use the character merge mecanism for those copies too if the revolter country receiving those copies already have the character.
There is a bug in 1.11.4 and 1.11.5 where some GER advisors are cloned on civil war with Oppose Hitler focus, but when GER wins, the clones are retained and the originals are removed from the game.
A second bug (I presume) keeps those advisors displayed for GER but (after save/reload) unavailable to actually recruit.

Report is here with both 1.11.4 and 1.11.5 save games attached.

I sincerely hope that the new Dev Lead does not repeat the mistakes in the fiasco called Imperator Rome.
Because almost personal insults are the real way to get issues fixed :cool: It's widely agreed that Imperator improved a lot when Arheo took over as Game Director so it isn't even an apt comparison either.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Oooook.... I am usually a very calm, balanced person, but this is starting to annoy the heck out of me.

[REDACTED]
Really? We didn't need another personal attack to broke the fixing process all over again right now.

Just post the bugs on the bug forum, make a vanilla-ish mod to fix it if you can (preferably under 20MB size with minimal line changes) and show it there whilst also sharing it here. Reserve the negative comments until after 1.11.5 is live.

Oh, by the way, i'm still waiting for Arabia formable to be expanded.

On the other hand, i'll look on a way to fix Manchukuo, but i need to experience the "Mandate of Heaven" crash first before reporting the bug (there hasn't one posted yet) and working on another quickfix mod.

Reactions:
Because almost personal insults are the real way to get issues fixed :cool: It's widely agreed that Imperator improved a lot when Arheo took over as Game Director so it isn't even an apt comparison either.
Which doesn't change the fact that the game is practically abandoned. Also: I can and will accept that new mechanics and new releases contain bugs and errors... but it is somewhat new that things that worked before (even in the same patch iteration) are not working properly anymore. This tells me that there are some serious issues either in the development process or the QA process.
Really? We didn't need another personal attack to broke the fixing process all over again right now.

Just post the bugs on the bug forum, make a vanilla-ish mod to fix it if you can (preferably under 20MB size with minimal line changes) and show it there whilst also sharing it here. Reserve the negative comments until after 1.11.5 is live.

Oh, by the way, i'm still waiting for Arabia formable to be expanded.

On the other hand, i'll look on a way to fix Manchukuo, but i need to experience the "Mandate of Heaven" crash first before reporting the bug (there hasn't one posted yet) and working on another quickfix mod.
Oh... I did submit a detailed bug report on the sea zone issue (I quoted it even here a bit further up in post #27.
The bug was reported on Dec 9th. It was set to confirmed on the same day. Now: I can accept that it might not have made the final patch 1.11.4 5 days later... but not making it in the new beta 2 weeks later... well... that is kind of hard to swallow... especially since the convoy supply system is also affected... and both were selling points to Man the Gun. In my opinion it does not bode well that features that have been in the game for years are broken by the current patch releases.

I think I am entitled to voice my dissatisfaction as a paying customer a bit... which I did in the most respectful manner possible.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Very subjectively ofc. but I feel like every time new patch notes released with fixes like "Added newline at the end of equipment bonus tooltip" while whole oversea supply still broken and all naval oriented majors unplayable Paradox just mocking me or still have not played their own game after NSB.

• 3Like
Reactions: