HOI4 Dev Diary - The Baltic States 2/2

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am actually happy that they did the baltics before the nordic countries as this seems like a very good template for how to do the nordic countries. The advantage of being done later lies in the experience gained from earlier trees. I really think that Finland will be done at the same time as the rest of the nordic countries now, but I guess it's still possible that they will fit all into this massive DLC due to having gotten better at doing trees, it just seems unlikely.

• 1Like
Reactions:
We will see what comes after that first very big Patch-Refit and DLC.

The Airforce is the next very big thing, which have to be refited and Italy as one of the last Major Nations.

From what I know is South America, Skandinavia and the Main-Minors (Colonys from UK, America, Japan, Benelux which are not done yet like in the near of Australia or South America) are a must have.

Not to forget the Economy, Technologys and Secret-Specials incl. R & D if not already done.

Everything else, esp. the not important ones, are a Bonus.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Cheers for the DD Meka - the focus trees look like a lot of fun to play through. Cheers for the excellent research @Indyclone77 and for managing our expectionations for (there not being) a new start date Cranium Muppet :)

Best of luck to all of the team for PDXCon - am looking forward to seeing the replays (it's on at silly o'clock in Australia) and the announcement of some more cool HoI stuff, as well as a new PDS game - lots of stuff to get excited about :D

For this week's naval pic, it's one of the largest surface warships in the Baltic navies - Lithuania's mighty Prezidentas Smetona, all 500 tons of it :) After Lithuania's incorporation into the USSR, it joined the Soviet fleet, until it was sunk later in the war.

1621507858808.png

• 7Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
The Germans could do the same as the Soviets in turning the Baltic states into puppet states after liberating them from Soviet occupation and having them take over the fascist branch.?

• 1Like
Reactions:
It would be nice, but their efforts would be better spent making hoi5, since such an update would mean practically remaking the game from scratch. That is unless paradox idea of fun is sitting for 3 to 6 years collecting PP doing nothing.
I am in favor of the game, it will start in 1933 since it would give more importance to the internal concepts of the country and would give a better preparation for war and we would surely have dilemmas of executing the Kolibiri operation or signing the concordat with the Vatican being Germany and it would also be ideal in the concept of alternative approaches they would make it more plausible and less memes

and I seriously believe it should be replenished that the HOI V should start earlier as in 1933

Reactions:
One way they could deal with countries in the USSR would be how you can play with counties inside duchies and duchies inside kingdoms in CK3. This would open up focus trees for Ukraine, Korea, Indochina, and Egypt.

Reactions:
One way they could deal with countries in the USSR would be how you can play with counties inside duchies and duchies inside kingdoms in CK3. This would open up focus trees for Ukraine, Korea, Indochina, and Egypt.
tbh, Egypt should already be at worst handled under the Dominion mechanic. British and French Colonies kind of badly need a second "Together for Victory"

• 4Like
Reactions:
Should both Poland and Lithuania choose to go monarchist, the two nations will be allowed to decide how they wish to move forward. They may reject the other and go to war, or they may unite into a Commonwealth faction and stand as friends.
Edge case question... In multiplayer - both nations decide to go monarchist and unite, but Co-op isn't on. What happens?

On top of that, the Vaps held close connections to the far-right veterans in Finland and as such, once they have taken over Estonia, they stand ready to give official support to the Finns to do the same in their own country by organizing marches through Finland.

I'm not sure about what to think the above. I guess, it would be alternative history...but rather a far fetched one.

Historically, the right-wing and fascist movements had been suppressed already in Finland. The leaders were arrested and sitting in jail. It would take a lot from the Estonian right-wing to spread the already once-suppressed ideology in Finland.

Further, the only Finnish right-wing movement having close connections with the Estonian Vaps was Sinimustat - The Blue and Blacks. This movement however was disbanded after it was revealed Sinimustat secretly supported Estonian Vaps during the inner conflict about the rule in Estonia.

Reactions:
I'm not sure about what to think the above. I guess, it would be alternative history...but rather a far fetched one.

Historically, the right-wing and fascist movements had been suppressed already in Finland. The leaders were arrested and sitting in jail. It would take a lot from the Estonian right-wing to spread the already once-suppressed ideology in Finland.

Further, the only Finnish right-wing movement having close connections with the Estonian Vaps was Sinimustat - The Blue and Blacks. This movement however was disbanded after it was revealed Sinimustat secretly supported Estonian Vaps during the inner conflict about the rule in Estonia.
But I think Kansallinen Kokoomus was a former right-wing and conservative party ?

Reactions:
Wait, so you're saying that once you got Finno-Ugrian empire, you cannot form TURAN ? I am reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally dissapointed, I dreamt for decades about a game making possible a turanic alliance because 2 nations try at the same time to form Turan, but won't go to war with one another, during WW2.

Really, I am heartbroken.

• 5Haha
Reactions: