[Megathread] Leviathan Release Problems

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1619523100557.png

This is just so bloody blatant.

• 37Haha
Reactions:
It really seems like someone did an oopsie and released the wrong build. There's no way they deliberately released with placeholder art.
No art is way worse than placeholder art. I'm curious as to why there hasn't been a hotfix yet (shouldn't be too difficult if the issue is releasing the wrong build, although i'm happy to be corrected on this). I think there is some major problem in the code that derails many things off track, but the issue seems too big to be so (i think).

Also Ming apparently cannot upgrade the Great Wall of China because their culture group is not Chinese.

• 19Haha
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Also I read them and confirm half the positive reviews are trolls like these ones

Perfectly balanced...
No bugs only intended features...
Infinite development is not bug tis new game mechanic...
South american tribes having reform bonuses from undiscovered christian monks is a new enlightened feature...
Florence gaining 1 Billion favours per month is also a representation of ACCURATE historical LORE!

11/10 greatest dlc entirely working as intended
General Paradoxi! Your overpriced DLC will make a fine addition to my collection!

or people who say this is broken but recommend because they seem to enjoy the brokenness like these ones:
I concentrated dev from all of Ming's tributaries and made Beijing one of those futuristic utopian cities from the stock images by 1444.
Good DLC, still it needs some hotfix - Favor system and concentrate developmement are broken and they are making game much easier.

• 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
No art is way worse than placeholder art. I'm curious as to why there hasn't been a hotfix yet (shouldn't be too difficult if the issue is releasing the wrong build, although i'm happy to be corrected on this). I think there is some major problem in the code that derails many things off track, but the issue seems too big to be so (i think).

Also Ming apparently cannot upgrade the Great Wall of China because their culture group is not Chinese.

WAD!!!!11

And why are people like that?
You should see the reviews of board games funded via Kickstarter. They get hundreds of 10/10 reviews years before release from people who basically do a blind preorder.

Reactions:
Honestly, did anyone expect anything different? Was there anything over the last few months that made you think this would be a quality product?

The DDs were sparse, feature streams were vague and probing, there wasn’t a dev clash, etc. Devs have barely responded to any concerns here for months.

I had already decided not to buy the DLC. I was assuming it would be a poor product. It turns out that 1.31 is DOA, especially without Leviathan. It’s bordering on contempt at this point. Vote with your wallets.

PS - there are a lot of easily findable bugs that aren’t getting posted here because folks want to keep them as exploits. It’s probably not the best thing to do for game health, but most are so obvious that any amount of play testing would have ID’d them.

• 6Like
Reactions:

For some reason the monuments only check the local culture/religion and not of the culture/religion of the overlord owner. So on theory you can have all the monument effects at once as long as they are the right culture/religion

Edit: Owner, not Overlord

• 4Like
Reactions:
I'm pretty sure that's the case, but I have problems understanding the reasoning behind the marketing/sales team decision. Releasing it like that and hotfixing it in one week harms them a lot more than postponing the release for a week.

Magazine articles, reviews, youtube videos, interviews, etc are all planned out months in advance based upon the release date. Move that release date and it becomes major industry news, stock prices take a hit, heads will roll. Release it in a suboptimal state with a quick series of hot fixes and it is just a blip on the forums.

• 3Like
Reactions:
at least here people are being courteous :) so, thanks for that guys! :)

• 3Like
Reactions:
For some reason the monuments only check the local culture/religion and not of the culture/religion of the owner. So on theory you can have all the monument effects at once as long as they are the right culture/religion
It's because the monument effects go to their owner, not the overlord.

Reactions:
Magazine articles, reviews, youtube videos, interviews, etc are all planned out months in advance based upon the release date. Move that release date and it becomes major industry news, stock prices take a hit, heads will roll. Release it in a suboptimal state with a quick series of hot fixes and it is just a blip on the forums.
The general opinion of a game like Cyberpunk was way more affected by its botched release than by its multiple postponings, and I'm fairly sure small communities' perception is more important for a niche game like EU4, but we're getting offtopic.

It's because the monument effects go to their owner, not the overlord.
I think you misunderstood the bug there. I could not confirm it myself, but what he says has nothing to do with subjects.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is so untrue that words aren't enough. Projects get delayed all the time. Like everyday without heads rolling. Like projects delay and they are a blip on the forums for a week.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So far only Rights of Men, Rule Britania and El Dorado have Mostly positive rating, Everything else is like this:

N87Bh6.jpeg
T1KlhZ.jpeg
eOq45j.jpeg
VpYxiK.jpeg
QuFlxf.jpeg
HDlV6h.jpeg
QY79JE.jpeg
jzQ0Yo.jpeg
VFCR3q.jpeg

Mixed, Mostly Negative, Mixed, Mixed, negative etc. Constant complains of stillborn features, lack of balancing, complete lack of QA plagued Paradox for years and even new studio have been created problems seem to got even worse. If things continue like this EUIV will become second Stellaris, with mountains of issues, disjointed features that nevre work together and tech debt so great that people doubt it could be salvaged without making Stellaris II from the scratch.

• 25Like
Reactions:
First the disastrous Stellaris update which broke basically the entire game and now this. I feel so defeated because I really do love these games. I never thought i'd see the day where HOI4 is arguably the most functional Paradox title.
And judging by the last HOI4's DD -and the rightfully negative reactions it received - the future might not be very bright on that end, either. Right now I can only praise Imperator, they are turning the tables, slowly and steadily after a disastrous release. Crusader Kings III might be a good game one day, after the customary tons of dlcs and half-dozen years, if of course Paradox doesn't ruin it in the meanwhile (nowadays you never know). But right now it's still very far from CK II.

Reactions:
Eh, if you read through the actual reviews about 40% of negative ones are solely bashing the DLC policy, another 35% are bashing stuff that was actually in the free patch not the DLC, and another 10% include one or both of those with some minor criticism of the actual DLC.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Aside from agreeing with the OP, I would like to add that we really do not need a few dozens of complain threads. It would be better if people would continue ongoing threads.

Reactions: