• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I searched on it and i found multiple threads about it. I didn't completely understand, ...

Then you shouldn't believe the hype you find.
I find far too many surely wrong (and different !) answers on these threads you linked.
There is too much made up in the internetz, ya know.

Except here in the OT subforum. It's pure wisdom and verified knowledge. :D
Anyway, where was i....

I'm in the EU (Germany) and had no issue two weeks ago.

Maybe change your payment method.
You know you can change it in the drop down menu when you pay, right ?
Apart from that a quick search seems to suggest that only Steam Wallet and Paysafe payment is affected.

Else it might have to do with a difference in your location/billing address info given on Steam and your payment account.
Have the same countries as location in both and you likely won't have that issue anymore.

anyway, wrong thread and forum.
The Paradox General Discussion forum would probaly be a better place to ask for the forums wisdom on that.

Last edited:
You can't fake it? I've always given them my home number so if spam texting is something they actually do it is not possible for me to receive those.
I've also sometimes been asked for my phone number when buying a downloaded product. I don't remember if steam ever did, though. But, oddly, I often have muscle spasms when entering my phone number so there might be a digit or two missing.

Once, they even tried to call me to verify the purchase and then emailed me when they couldn't. So it does happen. But that one definitely wasn't Steam.

... I don't remember if steam ever did, though. But, oddly, I often have muscle spasms when entering my phone number so there might be a digit or two missing.

Same. A very mysterious sudden illness occuring at similar occasions. :D

"Anyone ever tell you you're a little paranoid?"
"Not to my face. Why, did you hear something?"

I call it 'being curious'. :cool:

1. I'm a Sphere Master;
2. I have X available coal for country = X available in common market;
3. Sphereling doesn't produce coal, and is ranked 70+;
4. I invest in a coal ding Factneeory in the Sphereling;
5. Neither does my X coal access changes, nor the factory stop working. In fact, it works freely as if the sphereling had plenty of coal.

So, in short, will resources be created in small/weak countries? If so, then we can buy a million factories that need those resources so it can inject the intermediate goods in the common market for us.

4. I invest in a coal ding Factneeory in the Sphereling;

Invest in what ?

Sounds to me like you play a mod, as the unmodded game has coal mining.
No factory involved.

So you better should ask in the respective mod thread or at least mention what mod you use.
Besides, i didn't understand your question.

I realised that Steam has my billing address, name etc already through the respective paying service (credit cards and Paypal).
Now that's why they don't ask me for it... :(

1. I'm a Sphere Master;
2. I have X available coal for country = X available in common market;
3. Sphereling doesn't produce coal, and is ranked 70+;
4. I invest in a coal needing factory in the Sphereling;
5. Neither does my X coal access changes, nor the factory stop working. In fact, it works freely as if the sphereling had plenty of coal.

So, in short, will resources be created in small/weak countries? If so, then we can buy a million factories that need those resources so it can inject the intermediate goods in the common market for us.

Sorry!!! Fixed the text!

(No, i'm playing with no mods / Heart of Darkness xD)

Edit: Turns out Sphere Markets are matter creators, according to https://www.reddit.com/r/paradoxpla...omplete_understanding_of_victoria_2s_markets/.

Reactions:
So I have been playing as Japan, trying to get Meji Restoration asap.

I researched Post-Nelsonian Thought, but for some reason when I check under the Meji restoration checklist, it is still red. What's up with that? There are other goals that still need to be accomplished, most notably breech-loaded rifles (still pre-1850, but just barely) and 10 prestige, but the other techs all lit up green nicely for me.

edit: nevermind, post-Napoleonic thought, not post-nelsonian. wrong tech

Last edited:
Anoyne know where the Province Size (not the RGO size) for each province is defined ?
I suppose it's just a fixed value in a file, right ?

Lord have mercy! If I ever knew it that was before the latest memory dump my 65th birthday imposed.

Anoyne know where the Province Size (not the RGO size) for each province is defined ?
I suppose it's just a fixed value in a file, right ?
Province size depends on province population.

Province size depends on province population.

No it doesn't and that's why i mentioned it not to be confused with RGO size.
I specifally ask as the example on the RGO page on the Wiki is nonsense by implying that.

Last edited:
No it doesn't and that's why i mentioned it not to be confused with RGO size.
I specifally ask as the example on the RGO page on the Wiki is nonsense by implying that.
Can you make a screenshot, just to be sure we're on the same page on what "Province size" actually means?

Additionally you can check here for more detailed information.

Reactions:
Can you make a screenshot, just to be sure we're on the same page on what "Province size" actually means?
There is only one place where "Province Size"is mentioned, so..
provincesize.jpg

The Province Size doesn't change with population.
RGO size is simply base workforce x terrain modifier x Province size, but what's the latter ?

Maybe i should have posted this in the modding QQ/QA instead, but i thought it might not be a fixed value.

PS: Okay, it's the initial province population. Yeah it's mentioned by duwhite there in comments of the linked reddit thread,
but i missed the 'initial' at first. Thanks.

Apparently it is determined at game start with the starting population as in history/pops and fixed from there on.
Tested it with Östersund and 1,11 million pops at start.
Suddenly it had a province modifier of 40.
MfvvyDB.gif

Again, that only makes a difference at start. So it's of fixed, but still based on an initial calculation, which though only matters for modding.
That i wasn't sure of. I posted this here and and not in the modding sub first of all, as i wondered if it could be a fluent value possible to change
by game play, but apparently not.

Still think about editing the RGO page to make that clearer. Badly worded.
I don't think the formula is right either, but i'm not going to edit that before i haven't tested it thoroughly. So likely not soon.
oFyIsto.gif

Last edited:
In the "pops" folder you'll find a list of all TAGs that can exist in the game.

Within each country file you'll find all the provinces that make up that TAG as well as the various pops that inhabit them. You'll also see the max RGO numbers here. I have meddled with these before and they take practice, make a backup.

The Province Size doesn't change with population.
Sure it does. Here's what Kabul looks like before and after reducing labourer (named "farmer" in HPM\history\pops\1836.1.1\Afghanistan.txt) population by ~160k

kabul_before.PNG
kabul_after.PNG

Sure it does.

No it doesn't, unless you edit the starting, the initial population in the files.
The "initial" part being the relevant point here.
See my response above.

@RELee when was the last time you saw an argument over Victoria 2?

• 1Haha
Reactions: