• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bit of a problem. Am using the mod and it works great for normal missions - but the Flashpoint missions always hang with an infinite loading cirle when the picture of the Leopard over a planet appears. Any ideas?

Getting an infinite load after update

Thanks in advance for any help

Attachments

• output_log.zip
    14,5 KB · Views: 10
Which mod in this collection grants a pilot "mech mastery", with reduced fatigue and +1 piloting skill after enough missions? I really like this system, but my pilots' experience isn't tracked for more than three mechs, and I like to promote my skilled pilots to better and better mechs over time. Is the list of mech experience saved somewhere I can edit myself?

Trying to get some help with the issue described here. The only mods I've loaded are BEX 3025 Commander's Edition (with CAB) and the Commander Portrait Loader. I've tried messing with SimGameConstants and DifficultySettings, but I can't lessen the ginormous amount of time to ready a mech. The time appears to be based upon the Mech itself, and potentially upon the structure/armor that has to be added, since the timeline changes based on the mech. But I have NO idea what I'd need to change to fix it, any the issue is most likely with BEX. @Pode appeared to tie it to the choices made at game start to customize the campaign.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Ok, so last night I did a clean install with 1.8.1 base game and the newest version of the mod. I have noticed a BIG difference in how smooth the game runs now and it seems to have reduced the memory leak substantially. I was able to run like 4-5 missions in a row last night with no noticeable slow down.

I don't know if its the mod or just the official patch that helped, but it has made a huge difference so far.

Trying to get some help with the issue described here. The only mods I've loaded are BEX 3025 Commander's Edition (with CAB) and the Commander Portrait Loader. I've tried messing with SimGameConstants and DifficultySettings, but I can't lessen the ginormous amount of time to ready a mech. The time appears to be based upon the Mech itself, and potentially upon the structure/armor that has to be added, since the timeline changes based on the mech. But I have NO idea what I'd need to change to fix it, any the issue is most likely with BEX. @Pode appeared to tie it to the choices made at game start to customize the campaign.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

@DutchRits , hey check out my reply to the linked post. It has to do with mechtech values in this mod, and unfortunately I don't think there's a way around it unless you can edit your save. Although I'm not 100% certain on this one, so anyone else that knows more please chime in!

Which mod in this collection grants a pilot "mech mastery", with reduced fatigue and +1 piloting skill after enough missions? I really like this system, but my pilots' experience isn't tracked for more than three mechs, and I like to promote my skilled pilots to better and better mechs over time. Is the list of mech experience saved somewhere I can edit myself?

@White Owl , actually the mech proficiency IS tracked for more than 3 mechs, only the top 3 are shown / active. Let's say your pilot is proficient in firestarter (5 drops), vindicator (10 drops), and wolverine (6 drops), and you want them proficient in say, the blackjack, then you'll have to drop blackjacks 6 times, to remove the firestarter tag. I've done this with many of my pilots as my game progress and they move from lights to heavies, etc.

Hope that helps!

Ok, so last night I did a clean install with 1.8.1 base game and the newest version of the mod. I have noticed a BIG difference in how smooth the game runs now and it seems to have reduced the memory leak substantially. I was able to run like 4-5 missions in a row last night with no noticeable slow down.

I don't know if its the mod or just the official patch that helped, but it has made a huge difference so far.

Yea the mod got updated just a few days ago, I had that annoying micro-stutter issue until the new version came out.

What´s the size ot the CAB? I´m in the initialicing cache phase (489/694) with almost 3200 MB.

Last edited:
What´s the side ot the CAB? I´m in the initialicing cache phase (489/694) with almost 3200 MB.

I'm assuming you mean Community Asset Bundle, the required separate mod component? If so, then it's the extra mech models for all the rest of the mechs not added by base game / DLC's.

What´s the side ot the CAB? I´m in the initialicing cache phase (489/694) with almost 3200 MB.

About 4Gb. I'm thinking of turning some of the variant mods off - the community models are not that good, doesn't have patterns or weapon mount models. Even with quirk mods, I've yet to find a community-made mech that I care to replace the HBS's ones with.

Hoping someone with Paradox install of base game (not Steam/GOG) can help -- for some reason I can't get this to work at all with the Paradox version of the game (installs via their launcher). Is there some secret to it that is different from Steam/GOG installs?

I tried a GOG install - that works with BEX, so I know I have the basics correct. Installed exactly the same for Paradox but the BEX loading screens and the main screen (BEX version) don't come up. All is just the normal vanilla. Just launching direct too, not using paradox launcher (thought that might make a difference but no...).

the games mod launcher has... issues.. hopefully fixed next patch but for now not working right. This is the same no matter the version (Steam, GOG, Paradox)

Get the latest modtek (7.6.7 as of yesterday).. install the mod to the "mod" folder off the games main folder NOT the mods folder in documents. Run the mod injector. Launch the game normally, should be good after that.

So just to be clear the CAB pack, and all mods should be installed to battletech\mods\

I don't know if any members of this Mod Team frequent this thread, but I would like to draw folk's attention to this mod released recently onNexus.
Career Leopard Start
I have not posted a direct link as it used to be frowned upon, at least until mods were supported.

Whilst it seems to be a little rough around the edges, I think it is an excellent concept.
If properly implemented it should increase the variety, challenge & length of a career game.

I don't know if any members of this Mod Team frequent this thread, but I would like to draw folk's attention to this mod released recently onNexus.
Career Leopard Start
I have not posted a direct link as it used to be frowned upon, at least until mods were supported.

Whilst it seems to be a little rough around the edges, I think it is an excellent concept.
If properly implemented it should increase the variety, challenge & length of a career game.
Yeah. This one is a keeper. Thank you, Good @Ballacraine. :bow:

Career Mode with Leopard Start.png

Guys, I'm still in January 3025 but having finally taken the plunge into BEX 3025 Commander's Edition - I'm loving it so far! All the little extra nuances...like morale & ejections just add so much more after a half-dozen vanilla career/campaign runs. Galaxy at War alone is going to add 1000s more hours to my gameplay I think.

Thanks all!

Guys, I'm still in January 3025 but having finally taken the plunge into BEX 3025 Commander's Edition - I'm loving it so far! All the little extra nuances...like morale & ejections just add so much more after a half-dozen vanilla career/campaign runs. Galaxy at War alone is going to add 1000s more hours to my gameplay I think.

Thanks all!

Morale/eject should have been in the base game. One of the first complaints back in release month was how fanatical every opponent you face was and no one runs away. As for Galaxy at War, it's criminal how after 3 DLCs which costs more than the base game, HBS still has us grinding on a static map. Mission Control mod also expands the roster and map size giving you something more tactical than mere lance level skirmishes.

Mission Control mod also expands the roster and map size giving you something more tactical than mere lance level skirmishes.

Sounds great to drop with additional lances outside of the flashpoints, I'll give that a go tonight - thanks!