• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The timeline advance does not bother me one bit. I might actually go for a 3040 start on my next campaign.

Anyway, glad to see this one is ready, I can finally update and install Heavy Metal. :D

Love the mod! A lot of work has gone into it I would imagine. I had a couple of questions regarding settings? Is there any way to go back to the other Shop and can the Career length(1200 Days) be changed? Once again, thanks for the mod. Much appreciated.

What do you mean by "go back to the other Shop?" If you mean revert to how shops were before 1.8/HM, then there are a couple of mods on Nexus that do that.
There's a mod somewhere that changes the career length but does that really matter? You can still play on past the 1200 days...

If you really want a challenging career add the "Leopard Forever" mod to your install. there is an "incedent" and your back in your Leopard (which you never got rid of)

Honestly the Argo is rather overpowered for the game as it currently is. 18 mech bays when fully tricked out but you can still only use 4 mechs at a time.

This mod will also significantly reduce you monthly maintenance. Face it, the Argo is a very expensive ship to operate. I'd like to see a feature in the next update where you stay with a leopard for career play that has some upgrades available but more limited then those of the Argo (improved lounge and library, med bay, increased mechwarrior barracks, and maybe some improvements to the leopards ability to service and maintain mech just not to the level of the Argo.)

I seem to have a bit of a problem.
After a career mission, the salvage screen has loaded & apparently saved OK, but then the game goes to a black screen hang & the Argo screen doesn't load.

If anyone fancies seeing if the same happens for them, I have attached output log & save game file.

Thanks.

:)

Attachments

• 4bc3411f-5cca-47e2-8332-d58e89cb094a.sav
    4,2 MB · Views: 4
  • output_log.txt
    292,3 KB · Views: 31
I seem to have a bit of a problem.
After a career mission, the salvage screen has loaded & apparently saved OK, but then the game goes to a black screen hang & the Argo screen doesn't load.

If anyone fancies seeing if the same happens for them, I have attached output log & save game file.

Thanks.

:)

I've had it happen twice. The memory leak is real. Both times it happened to me it was from taking a contract after having moved from one planet to another with multiple jumps. I also had a dozen save games created by the move. Not sure what to do about that other than exiting after moving planets and restarting the game.

As a side note, I also see that Galaxy at War is not actually working. I have planets with near 100% control to an opposing force and not updating ownership.

As a side note, I also see that Galaxy at War is not actually working.

I am dying for the update on GaW to be finished.

Is there a table anywhere that shows the weapon rebalance? I've been away from battletech for awhile and I used to use my own weapon/combat balance mod (which was eventually folded into dzs old mod). I could update my mod for the new version - but I'm lazy and this mod looks pretty appealing. However, I'd like to see how the weapons are balanced (I can't believe the atrocious balance in the stock game is still there). Are PPCs at least fixed in this?

It is possible you simply have a corrupted save file. It does happen from time to time with no readily apparent reason why.

I played a certain game a couple of years back that was notorious for it. The first indication you got that you had a problem was the game telling you that you have 0 space on your HDD to make a new save, even when I had 1 TB available.

Hello i have a Problem. I can Start a new career, but i can not load the save Game. I use the steam Version without dlcs and the newest Version of bex-cm and CAD. Modtek Version is 7.6.

I have a circle of Death, if i load a save.

It is possible Single mechs (Stinger, wasp und crusader ) from CAD to use? I do Not want to install 4 gb of Not used Material.

Installation
Includes ModTek (0.7.6)
  • Recommended that you start with a fresh "Mods" folder including deleting .modtek folder

Requires the Community Asset Bundle (4.9.1 or later)

Check the Posts section of this mod page for full install instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had a bug crop up in the first encounter in Flashpoint Prototype.

A Raven was in the Liao re-inforcements! :0/
lol : )

House Liao! Goodness Grief, I tell you!

The very next Mission after I gain the BULL SHARK, I go up against House Liao and they have TWO Bull Sharks in their Main Force against me. It was maddening! lol : )