• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Something a little different for a change, the Anbennar Mod, playing as the Equivalent of Mughals, the Jaddari, forming the Jadd Empire:
The World Map in the End:
Anbennar - Jadd End World.jpg
Religion, I managed to turn the Jadd into the second greatest, with their colonies, the regent court could sadly not be overthrown:
Anbennar - Jadd End Religion.jpg
My diplomacy, being able to allie all other greatpowers, because I was to great to rival them anymore and had very high diplo rep. Guaranteing all independend Elven nations, exept the ones in the Empire:
Anbennar - Jadd End Diplo.jpg
Greatpower List just for good measure:
Anbennar - Jadd End Greatpowers.jpg
Criticism stands, modifiers can be stacked to high, have like 5 +10% Morale mods, and Mages are OP :D
Still nice missions and stories though, mod has a lot potential imo

imYRj9U.png

I have not quite ascended to my final form, but I have formed Malaya for the first time!

But those of you with good enough eyes [It is Black on Purple] might notice that I own the 'Malayan Easy Indies'.

That's because instead of being a sane person and forming Malaya as a Malayan nation, I decided to go and do it as England. You know... a country literally on the other side of the world to Malaya.

iP8uhcd.png

I basically rushed to; and developed Java while not stateing Scotland; and using vassals to keep my development down. Java has quite a lot of development in the first place, but I still needed to culture-convert the Timors to Javan and dev a fair bit. But devving Spices and such isn't bad.

S8qtz2J.png

From there it was a matter of truces to form Malaya. As England. So I am Protestant Malaya with English Parliament, most of the Indies as a Trade Company, and my capital in London!

pbtuluR.png

Oh and I have France under PU. Kind of took the opportunistic route after they got battered. Most of their cores are back but Savoy has some tough allies. I'll be after them soon however now my armies can sail back from Malaya...

Also this changed my unit models to Chinese, but I'm still Western Tech.

Last edited:
This is Persia
6A62641B143CDF8426E9D0A8858B605E8947AEDA

Started as Ardabil for the Shahanshah achievment.
Austria and Commonwealth are my long term allies.
I've played couple more years to convert everything after getting the achievement
15FE2C123E47CC9885A6281A2649A3BCEE95BAC8

DDB428BEEC7F031ADE2BC00F94D6B414D7B0FAC4

9A4DD28452110F3A4B6AA79472CE79AE9E16EA92

I didn't expand outside mission requirements, Persian mission tree and Astrakhan (needed any territory in the early game).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Two Poland games:
1. WC on patch 1.28.3
609209173_778.jpg

2. My favorite playing style. Economic development:
World
upload_2019-12-10_0-33-4.png

Income
upload_2019-12-10_0-34-29.png

Budget
upload_2019-12-10_0-38-39.png

Trade (mercentalism 100%)
upload_2019-12-10_0-39-44.png

States
upload_2019-12-10_0-41-33.png

Technology (innovative 100%)
upload_2019-12-10_0-40-38.png

Ideas
upload_2019-12-10_0-42-47.png

Policies
upload_2019-12-10_0-44-4.png

Vasals
upload_2019-12-10_0-44-52.png

Culture
upload_2019-12-10_0-46-6.png

Holy Roman Empire
upload_2019-12-10_0-46-40.png

Army
upload_2019-12-10_0-47-29.png

Army details
upload_2019-12-10_0-48-13.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
Not my empire, but it gave me a giggle, so I thought I share.

Scenario: It's been many years since all the super powers been in a major war because the whole world locked in alliance that will be costly to wage and expose them to an attack by the rival, so the major powers just pick on the leftover nations. I decided to trigger the wars by dissolving my alliance with Delhi, whose only other ally is Bengal. Sure enough soon, Chagatai declared war on Delhi which pulled Bengal. I don't remember the order of the war declaration but everyone start declaring war on Bengal since Delhi's landlocked. It's like Gordon Ramsay said "Finally, some good !@#$%^& food"

FB00BCED961AC3A0F125EC7FED36E0EDE3535AED

Out of 7 wars in the world, Bengal involved in 6 of the... R.I.P.

F959A97F0E5E961BC8BD015E84776404C7222AF3

Oman run for Third Way achievement (also picked up Dar al-Islam along the way):

20191213125627_1.jpg

20191213125637_1.jpg

20191213125722_1.jpg

I probably restarted this game about 20 times until I found a way to get the Omani cores back from Hormuz. Finally lucked into a game where the Timurids defeated their rebellious vassals in the first independence war, attacked Hormuz so that I was able to pick off the fort at Muscat, then collapsed via a second independence war. After that was fairly smooth sailing. Picked exploration first and was able to colonize most of the important African and Indonesian provinces. I got myself allied to the Ottomans around 1500, before they could take big chunks from Mamluks, and controlled their expansion from there. Finally ditched them in 1710 or so to start eating their provinces.

Some fun stuff: an independent Crete for about a century, Zaporozhie as well made an appearance. Dithmarschen got big early and was the leader of the Protestant League, with members Ottomans and Austria + Hungary PU'd, and still somehow lost to the Catholics. Ming collapsed on its own in the early 1500s; a succession of emperors followed (Wu, Liang, Shun, Jin, and finally Korea); Shun actually looked on its way to reunifying China before I (ahem) interfered by vassalizing Ming right as they were defending their last two provinces in a war against Shun.

20191213125743_1.jpg

Cologne got really big and actually made it to being a Great Power for about twenty years until losing a war with Austria. Meanwhile, Anhalt has wandered into Prussia (via inheriting Brandenburg at some point), and was emperor for a few years. In the Baltics we have both the Livonian Order and Livonia surviving until the end; both are in the Empire (so is the Commonwealth, longtime emperors themselves), and both were electors simultaneously in the 1600s! A sad end for the Ottomans, now just a minor statelet in western Russia. A slightly less sad one for Russia, though they do not appear in the European map - exiled to far northern Siberia, they actually went revolutionary in 1810 but are far enough away from the center of action that nobody has attempted to dismantle them yet.

I mostly went through the last 50 years on speed five, not doing too much beyond the final dismantling of the Ottomans. At the very end, my CN in Australia had one province that flipped to Shia and that they were using a colonist to develop, so I couldn't convert it. I had to release them, and annoyingly they were then conquered by Spain, necessitating a major war in 1800. On the bright side, in the process I think I discovered the prettiest color for any country:

20191211235743_1.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions:
I just run EU4 after some brake and took random nation for an achievement I don't have yet. Sth different than conquer A as B, I hoped and got Novgorod.
So many times I wanted and never had idea how, so never started.

Anyway, completed, before Portugal and Spain would go very mad with colonists.
novoachie.png

So the nodes...
novonodes.png

And 91% in that specific one
novowhitesea.png

20-21 stated provinces and 2 vassal veche republics. Some trade posts, some trade cities, typical trade republic stuff
novomap.png

somehow unexpected ideas. I didn't finish trade, +25% steering from 6th idea was enough, event though I was aiming for def+trade to get another 25 steereing policy. It simply happened earlier than I expected
novoideas.png

And yes, I know, trade should go second, but when for over 30 years you are at constant war with 10+ war exhaustion, something different than birdmana group must go second. You are about to finish war with Muscovy, Denmark and friends come, when you finish with them, Muscovy comes. Nightmare.

And because I expected a longer game, innovative instead of economics, also I like innovative for defensive atrition play (better cheaper forts plus war exh reduction) and cheaper advisors I crazy love.

Anyway, is it normal last patches being able to ally Scotland from the very first month? Or it just happened as Denmark simply didn't like us both...

I just run EU4 after some brake and took random nation for an achievement I don't have yet. Sth different than conquer A as B, I hoped and got Novgorod.
So many times I wanted and never had idea how, so never started.

Anyway, completed, before Portugal and Spain would go very mad with colonists.

So the nodes...

And 91% in that specific one

20-21 stated provinces and 2 vassal veche republics. Some trade posts, some trade cities, typical trade republic stuff

somehow unexpected ideas. I didn't finish trade, +25% steering from 6th idea was enough, event though I was aiming for def+trade to get another 25 steereing policy. It simply happened earlier than I expected

And yes, I know, trade should go second, but when for over 30 years you are at constant war with 10+ war exhaustion, something different than birdmana group must go second. You are about to finish war with Muscovy, Denmark and friends come, when you finish with them, Muscovy comes. Nightmare.

And because I expected a longer game, innovative instead of economics, also I like innovative for defensive atrition play (better cheaper forts plus war exh reduction) and cheaper advisors I crazy love.

Anyway, is it normal last patches being able to ally Scotland from the very first month? Or it just happened as Denmark simply didn't like us both...

Novgorod and Scotland ending up allies happens frequently. I have very limited experience playing Novgorod, but I've played Scotland lots and they're almost always willing.

20191222171958_1.jpg

Just a very enjoyable game with Korea for the three achievements Choson One, Turtles all the way down and Sweet Harmony. Spawned three institutions, including colonialism, which gave me ample opportunity to take a big chunk of the new world. Unfortunately only the top three colonial nations give me any money, but since China is rich enough (moved trade capital to Beijing) this isn't a problem. All in all would recommend playing Korea. As for the rest of the world, Mughals is nice, HRE disappeared early which gave rise to a big Prussia, Austria and Hungary, the latter of which was PU-ed and integrated by Spain.

The one pet peeve I have is the pope buying trade company land. I don't mind a historical colonizers, but the papel states seem a bit ridiculous so far out.

Aborted France run # I've long stopped counting:

eu4_38.png

eu4_37.png

My (or well, Spain's) dynasty covers half of Europe, but do you think I EVER got even a SINGLE PU? Meanwhile, whenever I was without heir I was under constant threat of falling under PU, because of course the AI doesn't play by the same rules the player does. Spain pops out 3 heirs in 10 years while I sit around waiting for a single heir for 3 decades.

Also for the love of any amount of gods there might or might not be, do something about the ridiculous AE. The Italians shouldn't care at all if you take 3 crappy provinces in Ireland, yet for some asinine reason they do.

That's the RNG part, getting your dynasty on people's throne. Enforcing a PU is a matter of landing the succession wars and using Claim CB

Problem is that they are constantly generate new heirs.

Like in that game, Spain rivalled me out of the blue. I battled them for like half a century before seeing that they were without an heir while we were arguing over Namur. Had them stop rivalling me, removed them as my rival, started improving relations so that I can RM them to claim the throne. Go back in the diplo menu to start the succession war, and literally moments before I click the declare war button a new max legitimacy heir pops out for them.

My capitulation as France:

eu4_48.png

While I might've gotten 4 achievements (Better than Napoleon, Bleed them dry, Early Modern Warfare and A Decent Reserve) it was probably the most frustrating run I've had in a quite some time. But it can relax, for it has already been dethroned:

eu4_50.png

Map based on my campaign on EU IV (with MEIOU & Taxes) starting with Naples, and forming Two Sicilies via event.

The campaign began with a face-to-face war with the Crown of Aragon over the Island of Sicily and Sardinia, then expansion followed by Greece and Albania, the biggest advance was diplomatically annexed by vassals such as the Principality of Achaea, Duchy of Athens, Kingdom of Albania, Republic of Ragusa, and at present the Kingdom of Bosnia. I blocked the Ottoman advance by vassalizing the Empire of the Romans, now with my navy (even larger in the known world) they have no way to pass to Europe. I remained in good relations with the Italian states to the north, the only moment I advanced through this region was on Corsica Island, which belonged to the Republic of Genoa.

Then the breakthrough took place practically in North Africa, taking much of it, creating and vassalizing the Christian Kingdom of Africa, now taking part of Morocco and moving on to colonize the Americas.
The Quasi Perfect Map 1 (Two Sicilies 1579).jpg

I try to move forward with achievements, so it is time for "For Odin". I noticed I can do conquering Americas as well and for the price of harder start also add amother achievement I don't have.

So I gave up 200 points custom nation, and went 50 points new world instead. And with Norse religion, western tech group making a playable set of ideas is really hard.

Anyway...
customnatachie.png

And the ideas. Settler increase as tradition was a must, as well as early core creation reduction. I managed to take both at reasonable size (+10 settler, +10 CCR). I also wanted and managed prod efficiency and some fleet boosts as I expected to defend on sea from colonial powers. And it really does not look so bad as expected, especially with +6 states ambition:

custom deas.png

OK, it had its price. And that price was 23 years with 0/0/0 leader with awful traitts. But who cares, if you can choose mighty siberian tribe government!
It has passed ages since I last played siberian tribe (oh, my Khodynt game... loved it), but sincerely, you can start at the cheapest province and earn 150 mana every 4 years and when decide to settle (after settling few vassals :p) instantly develop renessaince. Crazy crazy crazy government for this particular achievement.

And because Norse means no marriages with europeans, obvious path for me is Theocracy, which I often play last weeks/months.
I know it is not so popular because no abdications and so on, but sincerely, its reforms are great and 30% tax modifier as basic reform is more than good (I mean 5+25 from devotion), no problems with stability and so on.
I have read many time, how are you trapped with bad leaders in theocracy. I admit, I had 2 guys who wasted about 50 years, but if we take a closer look on rulers...

rulers.png

Philip was the last tribal and the very first priest, so I don't count him. After him I ihad 12 rulers and only 2 were 4 mana or below. At least they had good traits.
If I count well, it is 109/12 = very slighttly above 9 stats per ruler on average. Not so bad I suppose. And you can +1 er each category due to free policies reform.

Because I am lazy I have only Americas, Scandinavia, Britain and Cape + Ivory to get bonus merchants. Too lazy to take more companies :]
And because I had nothing intersting to do while diploannexing Inca (10000 days! ), I decided to spam level8 forts in case someone decides to invide me :)
fortspam.png

Last edited:
Ufff on time, 100 months to absolutism age

basqu.png

Establishing strong Navarra is not as hard as I expected.
1) Hope Castille does not ally Aragon
2) Ally Castille and attack Aragon as soon as possible with promise of land to Castille, take Aragon area at least, just to have claims
3) After truce use Castille again to restore union
4) Notice Austria PUd Bohemia :p, ally!!
5) Use Castille again and Austria with promise land on France, take Labaurd area, earn enough favor with Austria
6) After truce restore union on France
7) Rule the world with 3 PUs!

PS use states general to increase chances of inheriting Naples and Aragon

Effect

navarra.png

bascult.png

I think it is time to release Asturia?

81732757_457116654931021_5790743477067186176_n.png

81922524_588516875271037_2613649962264690688_n.png

Not even close to as impressive as the mad lads in here, but I'm still such a EU4 newbie so I'm still pretty proud of myself. I just snowballed after the late 1600's. Swedish troops must be crazy, because I stack wiped almost every single army the coalitions threw at me. Changed to Scandinavia the last decade just for the hell of it.

Last edited:
@TheudoaldTheBurner Giving Iceland to Great Britain may be heresy, but these are nice borders.

Inka Ironman 1.png Inka Ironman Achievments.png

Got the Sungod achievment, but after 4 times "beating" (keeping from winning and taking 200-1000 ducats) GB and they still keep attacking me, I lost interest in this campaign.

Most tedious part was Imperial-CBing Ayuttaja and Ming, so I could quickly land in Japan and occupy their forts, so their sole allie Spain could be forced to part with the falclands. I "love" proxywars :3