• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hallo, I hope this message finds you well?

Pardon my asking, might I inquire if you are still looking for an illustrator/artist for your BattleTech comic project?
If yes, where do you want me to send my sample works?

Well, if not, still wish ye the best with this endeavour, and it would be great to see on the shelves, someday.

Hoping for your consideration.

Sincerely yours,
~MIRA

Hey! I'll happily look over your work! Just PM some IMGUR links or your website or Deviant account or whatever and we'll go from there. thanks for your interest!

ANNNNNNND...here's a sneak of the final pencils before it goes inks and then colours. The scene is at early dawn and all the signage is neon and holograms. Yes that is the Cobalt Coil from Battletechnology times.

5OzQLDc.jpg

cJMWboC.png

Here's a sneaky-peaky of a different page; Hatchy and Katrina are arguing over Melissa's arranged marriage.

Taught myself how to use Illustrator for dialog to bring it where it needs to be.

jNoe74F.jpg

cJMWboC.png

Some mech prawn.

Cewx1MN.jpg

cJMWboC.png

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
"Umm..."
"Not that, god you're such a child. I'm thinking we just found our fire support."

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
"Umm..."
"Not that, god you're such a child. I'm thinking we just found our fire support."

Good lines, but this is the dialogue...

Hatchy, 'Gawd...this thing is huge...'

Flamestalker, 'It's why I picked it. You should get one, it'll make you feel big and hairy.'

Hatchy, 'Oh please...if I was hairy, I would look like a chihuahua.'

I love it when they just come out of the box. So many possibilities......

Hatchy, 'We did a pretty good job putting that together!'

Flamestalker, 'But what's this piece for?'

Hatchy, '...dammit...'
cJMWboC.png

Hatchy, 'We did a pretty good job putting that together!'

Flamestalker, 'But what's this piece for?'

Hatchy, '...dammit...'

That reminds me of a story that my dad used to tell about one of my great uncles. He used to strip old engines down and put them back together, with bits left over. And they ran perfectly. So he figured those bits weren't really necessary in the first place. No Worries at all. o_O

Flamestalker, 'It's why I picked it. You should get one, it'll make you feel big and hairy.'

Bwah ha ha ha ... scrambles up ladder to quick lock himself in the cockpit.

cJMWboC.png

A chihuahua with a pink hat. For some reason this doesn't bother me as much. (Now if it was a toy poodle, it'd bug me.)

Still reminds me of the first draft with Olivia: "Yeah it looks impressive, til you alpha and suddenly remember how many tons of ammo you can start playing Steiner roulette with."

A chihuahua with a pink hat. For some reason this doesn't bother me as much. (Now if it was a toy poodle, it'd bug me.)

Still reminds me of the first draft with Olivia: "Yeah it looks impressive, til you alpha and suddenly remember how many tons of ammo you can start playing Steiner roulette with."

Or you remember that Stalker can also be translated into "incoming fire attractor"...

Last edited:
Or that you remember that Stalker can also be translated into "incoming fire attractor"...

It's actually reasonably good at soaking that, as long as you're looking at Lance-scale battles. Get past that and it gets dicey. But that's a discussion for another place and time.

Didn't think of poodle...I guess the line can be delivered with as much humor. Chihuahua looks really funny when written down...I picked one of those yappy lap dogs cuz that's kinda what a Hatchy is :p
cJMWboC.png

It is one of those words which is inherently funny, I hear.

And yappy lap dog is not the first thing which comes to mind.