• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wait, Hatchy dates? I thought the term was "Steiner Scout Lance insertion" when people experienced Hatchy.
It happens from time-to-time...like every 8 years...probably explains a lot of the frustration...
hatchy%20sig.png

So out of the thousands of pages you've already written about exactly what I have requested, you still cannot commit to anything...alright, well I guess I know what to expect if we ever start dating.
hatchy%20sig.png

Make fun if you want, but I was careful about how I put that.

Besides, we could never date. They don't make people willing to put up with my shenanigans who aren't related by blood.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Uh-oh, now you have gone and invoked the powers of Dramatic Irony.......

I look forward to the film of the book of the play by Mel Brooks.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'll be updating the submission guidelines soon.

Think about it as if Comstar published a MAD or Cracked style magazine.

Z5ZsTfa.png

hatchy%20sig.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
I'll be updating the submission guidelines soon.

Think about it as if Comstar published a MAD or Cracked style magazine.

Z5ZsTfa.png

hatchy%20sig.png

Well if Duncan asks!

Black Knight.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions:
The idea is to recreate the fanzines of the past with all their , um, characteristics. No real plans to make this a permanent publication, just as something fun for a few issues to allow creators some attention who wouldn't normally get a chance to be showcased in an official publication and also to give those established creators a chance to do their own thing their way.

This is a vanity and humor publication, first and foremost! All the rules that are in place for the official publications do not apply here! As long as you create in earnest, you too can be included, space permitting. There is no skill requirement!

To keep it on the novelty side of things, it will be a 'print only' magazine and each issue will be 'free' just requiring a charge for shipping and handling. Major contributors will receive a few copies and each issue will make it to the desks of our Official Cousins.

What we want:

Short stories up to 3000 words or a story that can be serialized over a couple issues.

Original art in any medium. The only requirement is high resolution scan or photos. Black and white is preferred as we want to keep in the spirit of the original fanzines, but colour pages will be included in each issue. Personal units can be included as long as they have accompanying art.

Photos of your miniatures. Requirement is high resolution, preferably in RAW format. The gallery section will be printed on full-colour glossy paper, to highlight the artist work the best way possible. (Take a look at the old Battletechnology magazines to see how they staged their photos)

Playable scenarios with battle reports.

Custom mech builds.

The goal is to have fun and for me, it's all at Hans' expense!

Issue 1, so far, has a 12 page comic, a colour centerfold from Bishop and lots of original art from myself.

Issue 2 is the miniature issue and the pencils for an unpublished Blackthorne Battletech from 1988.

I cannot say the length of each book as I do not know the overall interest, but there will be something for your hot little hands!

I'll post how to submit shortly, but for now, get your gears turning!
hatchy%20sig.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
Saw your twitter thread and couldn't help but dramatize a mech design process my playgroup went through - the Quest for Mach One. I'm excited to see how this goes!

Did they remember to paint it red?

Space rednecks are contractually obligated to paint it red, with fire and lightning decals running up the sides

Ah, Thunderbolts with lightning, very very frightning...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Saw your twitter thread and couldn't help but dramatize a mech design process my playgroup went through - the Quest for Mach One. I'm excited to see how this goes!
So you have not posted it anywhere else?

Scenario, battle report or story? Or all three?
hatchy%20sig.png