• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
... 45 minutes is an eternity considering CBT's time scale for rounds. In that time, why, an Archer can totally run out of missiles to throw at the enemy!

270 turns, yep can do, Plot armour, check and Handwavium check. Double check.

... 45 minutes is an eternity considering CBT's time scale for rounds. In that time, why, an Archer can totally run out of missiles to throw at the enemy!

270 turns, yep can do, Plot armour, check and Handwavium check. Double check.

If you play the Smithon Evacuation scenario, 45 minutes is about how long it takes to complete the mission.

I'm not rewriting or altering anything, I just make my story fit into what's already established.
cJMWboC.png

If you play the Smithon Evacuation scenario, 45 minutes is about how long it takes to complete the mission.

I'm not rewriting or altering anything, I just make my story fit into what's already established.
cJMWboC.png

Yeah, but at the same time I always viewed the "round structure" as a much ... decompressed ... time frame. That it's really all happening in a much shorter period of time.

Yeah, but at the same time I always viewed the "round structure" as a much ... decompressed ... time frame. That it's really all happening in a much shorter period of time.

How long is it going to take to get dozens of civilians into a dropship? While under fire? When elderly and children are mixed in there? When the enemy knows what you're trying to do? Doing it in only 45 minutes would be a Herculean achievement.

It's not like the APC's can do a Dukes of Hazard jump and land neatly into the mechbay. 45 minutes is the right time frame: an eternity, borderline impossible but still doable.
cJMWboC.png

How long is it going to take to get dozens of civilians into a dropship? While under fire? When elderly and children are mixed in there? When the enemy knows what you're trying to do? Doing it in only 45 minutes would be a Herculean achievement.

It's not like the APC's can do a Dukes of Hazard jump and land neatly into the mechbay. 45 minutes is the right time frame: an eternity, borderline impossible but still doable.
cJMWboC.png

It depends on the method. If those landing pads are actually containing an airlock juncture, or multiple entry points? It could alter the timetable significantly. Assuming the civilians are in a "ready state" and not . . . say . . . waiting around a terminal as if boarding an airplane in the 21st century? From my experience just loading up for a camping trip during Scouting years, all the gear would be staged and ready to go and as such once everyone had arrived the cars/trucks were loaded in as little as 15 minutes and as much as 25. With roughly two dozen hands doing the work. (Getting the troop to do this as well as being able to break camp entirely within one hour was one of the things I can look back on and remember fondly.)

But on the other hand, the trouble with relying on translating a game-state into fiction is how several liberties with realism need to happen in order to make the game... well, fun. And the Smithon evacuation is probably the one Priority Mission which tagged by people as the least fun.

I really want to hook my computer back up, boot up a new campaign, and use it as a framework for fiction. (If I didn't have nineteen other projects to work on...)

It's been a very loooong process! There are some developments with some of the stories being published elsewhere and all that of that takes time to organize, but one story is in the can and another is just about to be wrapped up.

Here's the title page! The pencils have been shown, but here's the page -almost- finished.

huntress pg 02.png

hatchy sig.png

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
It's been a very loooong process! There are some developments with some of the stories being published elsewhere and all that of that takes time to organize, but one story is in the can and another is just about to be wrapped up.

Here's the title page! The pencils have been shown, but here's the page -almost- finished.

View attachment 621074

View attachment 621075
1599502037023.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
Is there a release date yet?

I'm guessing: "When it's done" or "I will hand-deliver you a kick to the berries". With Hatchy it's never safe to assume she's not putting you on The List.

• 1Like
Reactions:
No, I haven't forgotten! This last year has been challenging to say the least, but I seemed to feeling like my old self.

With the new announcements in the Battletech universe, a new path has been laid before me! As you can probably tell, I'm pretty excited about it and I haven't been excited about anything in a very, very long time.

Stay tuned!

KHu7XGh.png

hatchy%20sig.png

• 2Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
This last year has been challenging to say the least

No, really? Do go on! :)

(Last year torpedoed the timing of the the tabletop campaign nice and neatly... followed by continual scrambling which left me burned out and unable to actually... DO much for large chunks of the year. Add to that losing... finding... losing again... having to rewrite notes for the short works I'd been working on for White Reach stuff...

But hey, I made it out of 2020 alive and... marginally... sane. That's more than I could say for a great many people.)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Check your PM @Kereminde !

The plan is to have fun again. Haven't had fun in far too long.

hatchy%20sig.png

I've only not responded because I'm unwilling to commit one way or the other until I'm certain. One way or the other. I wound up picking up a couple dozen demands on my time with small personal projects I pulled out in lieu of writing because "at least I can do something about this".

As for having fun... we could always mock Hanse Davion some more.

I've only not responded because I'm unwilling to commit one way or the other until I'm certain. One way or the other. I wound up picking up a couple dozen demands on my time with small personal projects I pulled out in lieu of writing because "at least I can do something about this".

As for having fun... we could always mock Hanse Davion some more.
So out of the thousands of pages you've already written about exactly what I have requested, you still cannot commit to anything...alright, well I guess I know what to expect if we ever start dating.
hatchy%20sig.png