• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@neondt

korawit13

Second Lieutenant
46 Badges
Apr 26, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
Ayutthaya kingdom's Mission Tree:
1 Integrate Sukhothai
Description: "AIthough in 1378, the king of Sukhothai has wisely decided to acknowledge Ayutthaya’s overlord, there are still those who caution that the king of Sukhothai might prove untrustworthy. Let us bring the lands into our direct control."
Requirements: All provinces in Sukhothai area are owned by Ayutthaya
Effects: Ayutthaya gains 50 Diplomatic power.

2. Integrate Ligor
Description: "AIthough the lord of Ligor has wisely decided to acknowledge Ayutthaya’s overlord, there are still those who caution that the lord of Ligor might prove untrustworthy and rebellious. Let us bring the lands into our direct control."
Requirements: All provinces in Ligor area are owned by Ayutthaya
Effects: Ayutthaya gains 50 Diplomatic power.

3 Invade Angkor
Description: "We must do what no other local king has done and must sack Angkor, capital of the Khmer empire. Let the world know that Ayutthaya became a new great power."
Requirement: Total army size at least 100.0% force limit.
Effects: Ayutthaya gains a permanent claim on Khmer

4 Conquer Angkor
Description: "To protect Ayutthaya from Khmer's future attacks, we must expand our lands in Angkor."
Requirements: Ayutthaya owned Angkor
Effects: Gain 2 base Tax in Ayutthaya Capital province
Gain 2 base Production in Ayutthaya Capital province
Gain 2 base Manpower in Ayutthaya Capital province
Ayutthaya gains "Defeated Khmer Empire" for 15 years, giving the following effects:
  • +1 legitimacy
  • +1 yearly prestige
Reason (After the collapse of Angkor in 1431, many statues were taken to the Ayutthaya capital of Ayutthaya in the west.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angkor

5.Invade Lan Na
Description: "In 1462, the king of Lan Na supported Sukhothai's rebellion against Ayutthaya. we have not been secured if we did not put up a fight. We must push further into Lan Na territory to ensure our lands are protected in the future."
Requirements: Ayutthaya is owned all Sukhothai provinces. Ayutthaya has a negative relationship with Lan Na.
Effects: Ayutthaya gains permanent claims on Lan Na provinces.
(The governor of Muong Terng who remained loyal to Soi even after his death, secretly wrote a letter to Ayutthaya king Borommarachathirat II urging him to attack Lan Na. The governor's treachery was uncovered and he was put to death, nevertheless, an Ayutthaya army was already marching on Chiang Mai from the south.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayutthaya–Lan_Na_War_(1441–1474)

6.Conquer Lan Na
Requirements: Ayutthaya is owned all Lan Na provinces.
Description: " Lan Na constantly raided Ayutthaya while Ayutthaya mounted invasions in retaliation. If we want Lan Na to stop terrorized our subjects, we have to conquer Lan Na once for all."
Effects:
Ayutthaya gains "Consolidate Ayutthaya Empire" for 15 years, giving the following effects:
  • Diplomatic Reputation +3.00
  • +10% manpower recovery speed
Chiang Mai gets:
Gain 1 base Tax in Chiang Mai
Gain 1 base Production in Chiang Mai
Gain 1 base Manpower in Chiang Mai

Ayutthaya gains permanent claims on Pegu, Kedah and Pattani.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayutthaya_Kingdom#History

7. Defeat Ayutthaya Southern Nemesis
Description: "Malacca Sultanate owned the great trading ports. Although Malacca Sultanate is both rich and an expert at naval, we must contest Malacca Sultanate claims to the lands, so they do not fall into hostile hands. In addition, we will gain more trading revenue."
Completion Requirements: Ayutthaya owned Kedah and Pattani province.
Effects: Muscovy gains a permanent claim on all of Malacca's Malaya region.

8. Invade Pegu
Description: "It is time for Ayutthaya to assist a liberation of Mon people from Taungoo Empire. United together with mon people will be enough defense Siam from Taungoo forces. It is time Siamese repay the Burmese in the same token. "
Completion Requirements: Completion on Conquer Lan Na mission. Mottama is owned by Ayutthaya.
Effects: Muscovy gains the "Conquest of Mottama" for 15 years, giving the following effects:
  • Morale of Armies: +10.00%
  • Land Attrition: -20.00%
9 Conquer Champasak
Description: "The treacherous king of Champasak had conspired with a governor of Nangrong against our authority. We must teach them a lesson."
Completion Requirements: Ayutthaya owned Champasak provinces.
Effects:
Ayutthaya gets "Legitimize New Dynasty" for 10 years, granting the following effects:
  • +1 legitimacy
  • Morale of Armies: +10.00%
10. Liberate Vientiene and Luang Prabang
Description: "The tyrant king Bunsan of Vientiane had killed Phra Wo who support us to rule a Buddha protector of Vientiane. It is time to bring the Emerald Buddha and Phra Bang back to Ayutthaya as a firm protector of Buddha. During the march to Vientiene, king Suriyavong of Luang Prabang submitted himself to the Thonburi-Ayutthaya Kingdom."
Completion Requirements: Ayutthaya owned Vientiane and Luang Prabang provinces.
Effects:
Ayutthaya gains "Possession of the Emerald Buddha and Phra Bang" until the end of the game:
+2 legitimacy
+1 tolerance of the true faith
+1.0 Missionary Strength

11. Conscription Tattooing
Description: "We must remember the fall of Ayutthaya in 1767. In order to pervent the history of repeating itself, we must promulgate the Conscription Tattooing which left a permanent mark on commoners' bodies, preventing them from fleeing or moving. However, the crown will subsidize the farmers directly from now on."
Completion Requirements: Have at least 15 Barracks.
Effects:
Ayutthaya gains " Conscription Tattooing Reform" until the end of the game:
+5% manpower recovery speed
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thonburi_Kingdom

12. Encourage more settlements of Ming and Japanese traders
Description: "In order to encourage more international traders, we must invest whatever is needed to ensure that Ayutthaya becomes an important trading center of the region."
Requirements: Ayutthaya capital province upgraded center of trade into level three.
Effects: Country gets “Growing Trade” for 25 years, giving the following effects:
+30% trade efficiency
+2% global trade power

I finished Khmer Mission Tree. Next, Champa!

@neondt (I hope this how the tag works here):p

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
Looks neat, but I wouldn't get your hopes up besides perhaps checking for mods with missions added. They are only doing europe this year and who knows if or what after. But solid work and agree SEA really needs some love. It could be a very fun area, but between the awful trade at start, and also ming tributaries if playing non tributary, it can be tough.

Looks neat, but I wouldn't get your hopes up besides perhaps checking for mods with missions added. They are only doing europe this year and who knows if or what after. But solid work and agree SEA really needs some love. It could be a very fun area, but between the awful trade at start, and also ming tributaries if playing non tributary, it can be tough.
It's been stated several times by devs that they eventually want to turn towards SEA. Seems it has only marginally lost out to Europe for the this next dlc. So ramp up those suggestions already! And don't forget to tag neondt. However, there's a dedicated suggestions sub-forum here around.

You should also write the descriptions for these missions. That's often one of the most time consuming things and if that's done beforehand there's a much better chance of these missions getting implemented.

VUmzq32.gif
to the Suggestions subforum.

Can you be a bit more specific on the layout of the mission tree? Also two things with the specific missions and bonuses on the tree. 1: some of the missions seem to be repeats(like how to complete the invade Lan Na mission you need to own Sukothai, which is itself a mission). and 2: Some of the missions seem trivial to complete when you keep the bonuses in mind. Like a +3 diplo rep from conquering Lan Na(who start off considerably weaker than you) and a strong permanent modifier for conquering another province right next to you. The only hard mission in the tree is the build 15 manufactories one, and that's mostly due to the time it will take you to complete it. Obviously the numbers would be subject to change, but the complete mission tree involves you taking a total of about 10 provinces. As the Thai are the premier force in Southeast Asia, they would need a mission tree that sets a loftier goal for them. I mean, the Thai AI currently usually conquers a solid chunk out of Southeast Asia if they aren't killed by Malacca or Lan Xang. I would think that for a mission tree you would at least need to conquer the Indochina and Malacca regions, alongside maybe Burma and seizing the mandate of heaven(as you start as a tributary under Ming).

This sized mission tree would be sufficient for more minor nations like Khmer maybe, or Sukothai. Not Ayutthaya.

@Henrious, thank you for visiting and your kind words.
@Canute VII, I am from SEA, so I choose these areas first; then I will expand later in another thread. Iol I am just creating a little group, so it is easy for all you. :)sub-forum Thank you for stopping by.
@qweyt, thank you for reminding me. I will do the mission description now.
@gigau, :)
@BugJr, I will use Microsoft Visio to make mission's three. Hope it goes well. Thank you for the discussion and visiting.

1: some of the missions seem to be repeated (like how to complete the invade Lan Na mission you need to own Sukothai, which is itself a mission).
It is a prerequisite. When I finished the mission tree, please point for me visually. It is easy for me to digest than English.:D

Completion Requirements Have at least 15 Workshops.
The only hard mission in the tree is the build 15 manufactories one, and that's mostly due to the time it will take you to complete it.
There are 15 workshops.;)

This sized mission tree would be sufficient for more minor nations like Khmer maybe, or Sukothai.
I think of more missions if you would like to see more.

As the Thai are the premier force in Southeast Asia, they would need a mission tree that sets a loftier goal for them.
I based missions on historical sources and it prevented me from giving Ayutthya claim on everything on Earth. I have to consider historical context too. I did not consider what it could, would, or will yet. Mission tree based around historical expansion right now.

Khmer kingdom's Mission Tree: (Focus on recreating a Khmer Empire)
1. Bring the Kingdom of Ayutthaya into our Mandala
Description: "the Kingdom of Ayutthaya is not recognizing their proper relationship with the Khmer Crown. We should persuade them to return to the fold."
Requirements: Khmer owned Ayutthaya areas and completes conquered Champa Kingdom
Reward Effects: Khmer gains 200 ducats.
Khmer Capital gains:
gains 1 base tax
gains 1 base production
gains 1 base manpower

Ayutthaya

2. Chakravarti "king of the world"
Description: "Let's us reclaim the ancestral title of Chakravarti just like King Jayavarman II in 802 CE. Angor must and will a center of Mandala (the universe) again."
Requirements: *All provinces in the Indochina region are owned by Khmer or a non-tributary subject.
* Khmer has at least 90 legitimacy.
Effects: Khmer gains "Restored Chakravarti" for 20 years, giving the following effects:
-0.03 global autonomy
+1 legitimacy
-25% liberty desire from subject development
Move Khmer capital into Angor and
gains 1 base tax
gains 1 base production
gains 1 base manpower

Khmer government becomes an empire status.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandala
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khmer_Empire#Conversion_of_faith

3. Prepare to Invade Champa Kingdom
Description: "The king of Champa has been pursuing an independent policy for too long. We must show them who is a more powerful ruler."
Completion requirements: Total army size at least 100.0% force limit.
Effects: Khmer gains a permanent claim on all Champa areas.

4. Conquer Champa
Description: "It had been a dream of Khmer predecessors to conquer Champa. We must do the thing that our predecessors could not which will surely remind our rival that we are the force to be respected."
Completion requirements: Khmer owned all of Champa's lands
Rewards: Khmer gets “Expansionist Policies” for 25 years, giving the following effects:
−25% state maintenance
−33% harsh treatment cost
Khmer gains permanent claims on Dai Viet areas.

5. Conquer Dai Viet
Description: "It had been a dream of Khmer (Kambuja) predecessors to conquer Dai Viet. We must do the thing that our predecessors could not which will surely remind our rival that we are the force to be respected. Dai Viet's unholy alliance with our rival Champa must be repaid them with swords."
Completion requirements:
Rewards:
Country gains: Khmer owned and cored Lan Xang areas.
  • 50 administrative power
  • 50 diplomatic power
  • 50 military power
Khmer gets “Domination Ambition” for 25 years, giving the following effect:
  • −0.05 monthly autonomy change
  • +0.5 yearly army tradition
Khmer gains permanent claims on Lang Xang areas.

6. Conquer Lan Xang
Description: "It is time to united Khmer peoples together under one benevolence Khmer king. Let bring Lan Xang into our empire. "
Completion requirements: Khmer owned and cored Lan Xang areas.
Rewards: Khmer gains "Many elephants, but not million elephants" for 20 years, giving the following effects:
  • -20% cavalry cost
  • +20% land force limit
Khmer gains permanent claims on Taungoo areas.

7. Mekong Delta Trade
Description: "It is time to start a Chaktomuk era. Unlike our predecessors, we are more open to the outside world and gains commerce revenue as the main source of wealth. It is time to put more money to promote the maritime trade."
Completion requirements: Phnom Penh trade center updated to level 3.
Rewards: Phnom Penh gets “Royal Trade Hub” until the end of the game, giving the following effects:
  • −5% local development cost
  • +10 local trade power
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_ages_of_Cambodia

Last edited:
@Stiopa866, thank you for your contribution. Wow, you are the boss with your amazing skill.:cool:

@JCommander, thank you for providing me with a starting point. I will look into when I do Malacca. I have a type of EU4 player who look into accurate historical bases before I am saying thing. Not a balance builder sadly.:)

Sorry for necroing this thread but i have an interest in playing one of the mainland southeast asian countries and was wondering if anybody had made themselves a submod including some mission trees for the burmese or thai-khmer region?

Sorry for necroing this thread but i have an interest in playing one of the mainland southeast asian countries and was wondering if anybody had made themselves a submod including some mission trees for the burmese or thai-khmer region?
Missions Expanded has added a respectable tree for the Khmer Kingdom.

Reactions:
Nice suggestion. I've made the maritime SEA counterpart here:

I think we can unite our suggestion.

• 1Love
Reactions: