• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an older interview, I cant find the more recent one: https://www.gamewatcher.com/interviews/werewolf-the-apocolypse-interview/12854

I'll keep looking and link it, the other one is a lot more recent.

Yeah we know, that's why we have this thread going, Make sure you sign the petition. We who played the tabletop, were hoping to see our characters realized. Not play a a drone with floating arms, it is sad indeed.

I remember back when I was more involved in WoD back a year or two ago there were heavy talks of a Werewolf the Apocalypse video game being made, what was of it?

I remember back when I was more involved in WoD back a year or two ago there were heavy talks of a Werewolf the Apocalypse video game being made, what was of it?

It's being shown at this years E3.

I already showed you an alpha footage which proves that we are not a drone. We can see the rest of our body in the footage, we can see our feet. So the 'drone' argument is already nonsense.

We still don't know for sure, because like I said that could be pre-rendered right after a cut scene. But I'm still holding to my hope, that it is the in game engine running and there's a model present. But again hopefully it is, which would make at least a mod possible.

I already showed you an alpha footage which proves that we are not a drone. We can see the rest of our body in the footage, we can see our feet. So the 'drone' argument is already nonsense.

We still don't know for sure, because like I said that could be pre-rendered right after a cut scene. But I'm still holding to my hope, that it is the in game engine running and there's a model present. But again hopefully it is, which would make at least a mod possible.

In my opinion, even if I can see feet and hands sometimes, it still would be droneish for me. In the video just look at how the hand moves when the PC uses the bat discipline. It just looks horrible, stiff and unnatural, and look at how the hand just vanishes in thin air. That's just bad in my opinion, I rather be able to see my fully customized character in all it's 3rd person glory. :p

The footage is at 1:06 I tried to paste at current time, but apparently it didn't work. lol

In my opinion, even if I can see feet and hands sometimes, it still would be droneish for me. In the video just look at how the hand moves when the PC uses the bat discipline. It just looks horrible, stiff and unnatural, and look at how the hand just vanishes in thin air. That's just bad in my opinion, I rather be able to see my fully customized character in all it's 3rd person glory. :p

The footage is at 1:06 I tried to paste at current time, but apparently it didn't work. lol

I'm with you sister, that is just horrible. Even this short clan introductions, are presented in 3rd person. It still baffles me, that in 2019 with the kind of tech we have, that devs would opt to not include a feature on a sequel of a game, that had it originally 15 years ago. But at least LordTremere, has given me hope for a mod.

Even this which is obviously a knock off of bloodlines, has third person.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/758080/BloodLust_2_Nemesis/

Last edited:

You guys now this is still PRE-ALPHA?! Animations are something which is changed very late in development. In the tremere stream they already confirmed that some of the footage is already outdated and it looks way better now.

You guys now this is still PRE-ALPHA?! Animations are something which is changed very late in development. In the tremere stream they already confirmed that some of the footage is already outdated and it looks way better now.

That is true, the animation is probably just unpolished. It still looks horrible in 1st person though, they can polish it as much as they want, I will still feel like I'm playing a camera with floating limbs. But you are right, anything we see right now, will be very unpolished, since it's so early in development.

Well if this turns out to be a dud, and the devs don't do anything about third person. It looks like big Ben the publisher for Werewolf the apocalypse is working on another Vampire The Masquerade title.

https://www.pcgamer.com/another-vampire-the-masquerade-rpg-is-in-development/

Big Bad Wolf is developing it, at least it's safe to say this one will be 3rd person. But while the council is a really good game, it was conversational only with no Combat. hopefully they'll will actually have combat in this one though the message on the site probably means it may not "After THE COUNCIL, we are proud to announce working on
a NEW NARRATIVE RPG based on the licence: Vampire The Masquerade". Vampyr concentrated more on the narrative and it felt slow because of it.

Regardless a game all revolving around kindred politics will still be amazing!

http://www.bigbadwolf-studio.com/

Big Bad Wolf is developing it, at least it's safe to say this one will be 3rd person. But while the council is a really good game, it was conversational only with no Combat. hopefully they'll will actually have combat in this one though the message on the site probably means it may not "After THE COUNCIL, we are proud to announce working on
a NEW NARRATIVE RPG based on the licence: Vampire The Masquerade". Vampyr concentrated more on the narrative and it felt slow because of it.

Regardless a game all revolving around kindred politics will still be amazing!

http://www.bigbadwolf-studio.com/

OMG! YES! I never played the council, but I had it on my wish list forever. The only reason why I never pulled the gun, is because of the lack of combat. Hopefully they'll work something out, but nonetheless it's amazing to see more companies working on the Franchise. Now we don't have to worry so much about Hardsuit dropping the ball!

Please, somebody pick up where CCP left off and make an MMO or an online World of Darkness universe!

The consensus on some other social media plats im on seem to be expecting, or desiring 3rd person for Bloodlines 2. Really hope the devs can chime in/respond to this thread, as it has been top thread for a week, and going. I'm sure they've got mods watching.

I think what they need to realise is 3rd person is going to make this game live a lot longer. people will play it more (esp. like me who sink 800 hours into fallout and have happily bought all the DLCs; whereas non 3rd person rpg narratives I have in my library are 60 hr or less).

The consensus on some other social media plats im on seem to be expecting, or desiring 3rd person for Bloodlines 2. Really hope the devs can chime in/respond to this thread, as it has been top thread for a week, and going. I'm sure they've got mods watching.

I think what they need to realise is 3rd person is going to make this game live a lot longer. people will play it more (esp. like me who sink 800 hours into fallout and have happily bought all the DLCs; whereas non 3rd person rpg narratives I have in my library are 60 hr or less).

Consensus has not been reached

I'd prefer to have a good product that I enjoy to play, over one that is worsened by last minute, unplanned changes, that go against the original direction and design of the game

A good game that attracts a lot of players, which solid First-Person RPG's that have good combat, tend to do, is more important for the franchise, the developers, the company, and the publisher, than for certain changes to be made, which would negatively affect their processes, lead to delays, require redesigning the combat, character socialization, and game-world, as well as significant coding changes after that point, in addition to animations

All in all, at the rate it is currently going, I'm sure it will be a wildly popular and successful game, First-Person RPG's are pretty popular, especially those that feature mobility such as Dying Light has, and atmospheric content comparable to it

I can't wait for it to release

All in all, at the rate it is currently going, I'm sure it will be a wildly popular and successful game, First-Person RPG's are pretty popular, especially those that feature mobility such as Dying Light has, and atmospheric content comparable to it

Dying Light has no character choice, so it's not an RPG. Every RPG, especially tabletops, feature custom characters with a high variety of aesthetic choice. And Vampire Masquerade is an icon of the genre and RPG tradition. It also has no shooter elements (extremely limited gun combat).

As far as linear, first person story games, they're popular, but they're completed very quickly. Like movies really. I'd hate to see one of the most comprehensive tabletop RPG universes reduced to something so brief.

The RPG games people are still playing today; Red Dead, Fallout, Witcher, Skyrim, Dark Souls, Bloodborn - they're also the highest grossing games on the market, and all staples of the genre, and therefore the best examples. And every single one of them has 3rd person.

I'd prefer to have a good product that I enjoy to play, over one that is worsened by last minute, unplanned changes, that go against the original direction and design of the game

A good game that attracts a lot of players, which solid First-Person RPG's that have good combat, tend to do, is more important for the franchise, the developers, the company, and the publisher, than for certain changes to be made, which would negatively affect their processes, lead to delays, require redesigning the combat, character socialization, and game-world, as well as significant coding changes after that point, in addition to animations

I can't wait for it to release

If you think a consensus has not been reach, you are not looking in the right places, or hanging out with The World of Darkness community. Unfortunately, said forums are invite only due to certain circumstances, but 3rd person is all the discord talks about. In every single live steam there's always hundreds, asking if there's going to be third person the same can be said for twitter. Heck, even I just found one the game is first person only a few days ago, I kept assuming it would have both views since the first game did.

There are thousands like me, just barely finding out or not even aware of this. Day by day more people are becoming aware, which is why this thread gets more and more views and more people joining in everyday. There's also a certain person with knowledge in the industry, and now someone who modded the first game for years, that have provided valuable feedback on this issue. as they say on the farms, don't count your chickens before they hatch.

You're also not taking into account, many things that should be considered, the hundreds of people requesting, this due to motion sickness, the loyal fandom, and of course the female perspective. Not just males play video games you know? There's a lot of factors involved that both Paradox and Hardsuit Labs did not account for before, that are just coming into the surface and of course as a last resort there's always the possibility of a mod. :p

You can read my quoted message below pertaining cost and time. a change in camera, Is not as time consuming or expensive as some may think. I've been. I have 17 years of experience in modding, and programming, I worked for 3Dexcite, we've worked mostly on CGI, and entertainment industry apps. It's not video games, but it's very closely related. I've also worked mods and overhauls for Bloodlines (Includin the unnoficial patch), skyrim, fallout, divinity original sin, borderlands, mount and blade, ark survival evolved, the witcher 3.

I did mods for Bloodlines for 8 years, and what kept the game alive and turned into a cult classic were those mods. 90% of those mods were created with 3rd person in mind, if Bloodlines had been a 1st person game only, we would not even be talking about it right now. This mods is what drove the community to play the game, and that community what drove modders to keep working on it for years. If Paradox and Harsuit ignore this fact, they will be making a huge mistake.

You referred to Dying Light which has a 3rd person mod, this mod proves that the devs could have included 3rd person into the game if they wanted. The mod didn't take much effort to make, but unfortunately it was missing animations, which could not be added into the game. They could have offered mod tools to make it possible or just patched it into the game themselves. It would not have changed, the design, or the mechanics of the game, nor negatively affect the process, nor a combat redesign, nor the game world. You would have been able to play the game in it's entirety in 1st person because that is your choice, and it would not have impacted your game play at all.

A lot of people use this mod and play multiplayer, same for far cry 4 and 5, and borderlands and the only glitch borderlands has, is that while playing in 3rd person yoru character sometimes will shoot backwards, which is fixed by swapping to 1rst person then swapping back. and this does not negatively impacts the game play of your friends playing in 1st person. It's just preference, and preference does not hurt anybody. It only took about 3 to 4 weeks for this mods to be created, by a single person. Imagine how fast a team of devs can work it into a game.

When we create CGi which has 3D models and assets, and a hell of a lot more time consuming, than creating video games (A 2 minute clip can take weeks to make, from scratch.) sometimes our customers will ask us to change things in it, Change in the scene for example, but once created its not that hard, take chairs and tables or any other kind of furniture. Once you create the asset into the game it's permanently programmed into the application, and you can recreate it, recolor it change colors etc without much effort, it's creating the asset that takes time, but once created it can be copied and replicated, into the entire application. That's how re-texturing modding works in games, you don't go stone by stone, leaf by leaf, or one piece of furniture or character at a time for the entire game. It's the same for angles and camera, as long as the character model is fully present and the assets are included it does not take much work.

Which is why if Hardsuit won't make the change, our hubris, artistic view, or whatever you want to call it. They should at least provide the assets for modders to do it themselves in their tools. Which if they are anything like Divinity 2 originals sin tools, it won't take much effort. Look camera mods, for Divinity 2 and Titan quest, it should bring some perspective as to how a camera angle, can be changed without much effort in games. Most devs just pick angles as an Aesthetic.

I don't want to start an argument, just stating the fact, make of it what you will. People were already banned from this thread, for starting arguments.

I don't understand why people who prefer 1st person, are so against the idea of 3rd person being included, when this is true. It does not impact or hurt the experience of those playing the game in 1st person. Just like how when 1st person was added to GTA V, it did not impact, hurt or change the experience of those of us playing in 3rd person, and just look at the millions of copies GTA V has sold. It goes to show that games need to have both perspectives. It even helps the community grow, instead of dividing it.

I don't understand why people who prefer 1st person, are so against the idea of 3rd person being included, when this is true. It does not impact or hurt the experience of those playing the game in 1st person. Just like how when 1st person was added to GTA V, it did not impact, hurt or change the experience of those of us playing in 3rd person, and just look at the millions of copies GTA V has sold. It goes to show that games need to have both perspectives. It even helps the community grow, instead of dividing it.
I prefer 1st person but I'm not against the inclusion of 3rd person for those who can't play otherwise.
I hope they could add it some point, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

just out of hubris and their personal preference!

You're really trying hard to get this topic locked, aren't you? You've been told time and time again that treating others with the bare minimum of respect is mandatory on this forum and here you are accusing the developers of "hubris" because they won't give into your demands. Hubris is what people get accused of in Greek tragedies when they challenge the gods. Is that how you see this situation? The developers are mere mortals who are daring to challenge you? Tone it down and show some respect. Coming to the Paradox Interactive forum to insult Paradox Interactive or their partners is like the text book example of trolling.

A live, playable demo is around 5 months away. All major gameplay decisions are already locked in at this point in development. It's a done deal. It's too late to even consider giving you what you want. Computer scientists are not magicians. They can't say a magic word and turn an entire body of code work into an entirely different body of code work on a whim.

I would like it if they added 3rd person but I agree it's unlikely at this point. My hope is that this game will be successful enough to warrant a sequel and that they'll add 3rd person there if we make it obvious a lot of people want it.

Generally, i don't prefer first person, to be clear.
I just say that camera view is a design choice.

Some games are better in 1st person, others are better in 3rd person.
It highly depends on how level design is done, how combat system works and, obviously, what kind of experience/emotions developers want to transmit to the players.

In games like skyrim (and other bethesda games), where players can switch the camera, neither 1st person nor 3rd person works 100% well, because of that. But, hey, it's just the my opinion.

If developers will decide to add 3rd person in future i will not be against this, anyway.

Like LordVlad, I'm curious too about the issues you had with the camera in Skyrim. I play Skyrim exclusively in third person and haven't had a problem outside of typical Bethesda bugginess.

Status
Not open for further replies.