• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This... Is exactly why I've said that while I appreciate the effort and intention of modders in this regard, I'd much rather see the developers themselves address this. Modders don't always have access to the inner workings of the game which explains why we sometimes get wonky, clunky results. We shouldn't have to settle for wonky and clunky. Again, don't get me wrong, I appreciate the modders and I'm not casting stones at Paradox or Hardsuit... It's just that leaving things like this to modders smacks of "Bethesda", who are now "NOTORIOUS" for putting out unfinished games that fans and modders eventually end up "fixing". Mods should "modify", not repair or replace. That's what patches are for and fans shouldn't be building those either.

The same thing happened to the first Bloodlines, though for entirely different reasons. Activision pushed for release of the game, it was incomplete then the studio went bankrupt which forced the community to patch and fix the game. Which is fine, but like you I do hope Hardsuit would implement this, for the same reasons while it could be modded, I rather not have a clunky experience.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The same thing happened to the first Bloodlines, though for entirely different reasons. Activision pushed for release of the game, it was incomplete then the studio went bankrupt which forced the community to patch and fix the game. Which is fine, but like you I do hope Hardsuit would implement this, for the same reasons while it could be modded, I rather not have a clunky experience.

*nods* It's an unfortunate story, what happened to Troika and the first Bloodlines launch. I wonder if Activision really knows how much they're hated. Fortunately Wesp has worked tirelessly to keep Bloodlines alive and "well". I'm not a fan of his "patch", but I do appreciate and respect his commitment. That man deserves a plaque... A t-shirt... Something!

As for our desire for this game... From my perspective this is a great opportunity for Paradox. They should see this as an opportunity to reach a who new level of recognition. They should want this game to have mass appeal. Not just for the fans of the IP, but also for new customers and those who might have dismissed the first game because of the things you mentioned above. As I said in an earlier post, this game is rich in lore and content. The could go on for years telling the story of Vampires, Werewolves, Mages, etc... DLC, new video game IPs within the genre. It's all there! They'll need good writers and people who are well versed in the lore of course, but the content won't be the problem.

Again... From my perspective.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
*nods* It's an unfortunate story, what happened to Troika and the first Bloodlines launch. I wonder if Activision really knows how much they're hated. Fortunately Wesp has worked tirelessly to keep Bloodlines alive and "well". I'm not a fan of his "patch", but I do appreciate and respect his commitment. That man deserves a plaque... A t-shirt... Something!

Why don't you like the non-Plus version of the patch? But he will be in the Bloodlines 2 credits at least he confirmed it :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes, I'm really sad about this. I grew up loving RPGs (cyberpunk and VM), and grew up loving 3rd person games. Because it's all about the character (and not me). I would be fine waiting another year if it just meant allowing 3rd person. Please devs!! Add 3rd person!! It will definitely decide whether or not I buy it.

I thought my dreams were done being crushed when cyberpunk said only First Person :(

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Why don't you like the non-Plus version of the patch? But he will be in the Bloodlines 2 credits at least he confirmed it :)

To be honest, it's been so long since I tried using one of his patches that today I couldn't tell you the difference between one or the other. That being said, I've had no reason to look, as the patch I've been using works as expected and advertised. With regard to him being included in the credits for Bloodlines 2, I think it's deserved. He (along with those who still purchase the game) have kept it relevant and I'm sure it's all part of the reason why we're here today.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes, I'm really sad about this. I grew up loving RPGs (cyberpunk and VM), and grew up loving 3rd person games. Because it's all about the character (and not me). I would be fine waiting another year if it just meant allowing 3rd person. Please devs!! Add 3rd person!! It will definitely decide whether or not I buy it.

I thought my dreams were done being crushed when cyberpunk said only First Person :(

I'm right there with you Vermina!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I just want VtMB2 to stay away from thecancer of bioware "wheels" and Fallout 4 "4 meanigful options"
tf7hhcwqtltpde0t0e3n.jpg

XLjfwDe.jpg

I think that those who would like a third person game should also take in to consideration that it is much easier to get character movement wrong in third person. For example look at witcher 3, as amazing that game is the character movement is horrendous, it is overanimated, slow, unresponsive and just fatiguing to play, the other end is skyrim where your character doesn't have any weight. Now on the other hand it is much more rare for first person games to have absolutely terrible movement and controls, so personally i feel safer that this game will be first person.

Signed the petition. I genuinely hope they'll be able to at least release a patch or DLC for the option to play in third person, I'm definitely willing to wait a little longer if that means I'll be able to play without getting motion sickness.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think that those who would like a third person game should also take in to consideration that it is much easier to get character movement wrong in third person. For example look at witcher 3, as amazing that game is the character movement is horrendous, it is overanimated, slow, unresponsive and just fatiguing to play, the other end is skyrim where your character doesn't have any weight. Now on the other hand it is much more rare for first person games to have absolutely terrible movement and controls, so personally i feel safer that this game will be first person.

That's all well and good, but we're talking about two completely different things here. If I'm understanding you correctly, you're talking about something that pertains to a developer's technical expertise. We're aware of that, but that has only peripheral significance with regard to the physiological response we get when we play games in first person. What you're saying in no way negates the reason(s) for why people want this game (or any game) to offer an option to play in the third-person perspective. This is not an apples to apples comparison. For instance, if a person is inclined to get seasick, they'll likely have that response every time they travel by boat. Even if an engineer designs a boat that travels more smoothly on water, it won't stop the person from getting seasick. It may lessen the possibility, but the physiological response is still there.

Last edited:
First - I'm glad I'm not the only one who'd rather have options of camera placement, second - I'm glad the community is being vocal in expressing their view. Thanks, and I think I signed the petition - it's almost 500 people as of now.

• 1Like
Reactions:
First - I'm glad I'm not the only one who'd rather have options of camera placement, second - I'm glad the community is being vocal in expressing their view. Thanks, and I think I signed the petition - it's almost 500 people as of now.

It should hit 500 tonight, hopefully it keeps going like this though. A lot more people should start looking up the game during E3 which should help as well.

• 1Like
Reactions:
A friend of mine was telling me about Paladins a Hi-Rez game, the same developers of Smite which I had skipped due to it being 1st person only. Even though I've been playing smite for years.

The reason why Paladins added a 3rd person view for the game, was because the character skins were not selling, since it's a free to play title Monetazation came mostly from the sale of skins the same as smite. However said skins were not selling, because people thought there was no point in spending money on them, since you couldn't even see your character.

Now that the game allows third person, people are buying skins for their favorite characters. I just thought this was hilarious, and something Paradox and Hardsuit Labs should consider, since they are also adding extra costumes and cosmetics for purchase for the Bloodlines 2, this is a great example of how sales suffer when you don't include 3rd person.

• 1Like
Reactions:
A friend of mine was telling me about Paladins a Hi-Rez game, the same developers of Smite which I had skipped due to it being 1st person only. Even though I've been playing smite for years.

The reason why Paladins added a 3rd person view for the game, was because the character skins were not selling, since it's a free to play title Monetazation came mostly from the sale of skins the same as smite. However said skins were not selling, because people thought there was no point in spending money on them, since you couldn't even see your character.

Now that the game allows third person, people are buying skins for their favorite characters. I just thought this was hilarious, and something Paradox and Hardsuit Labs should consider, since they are also adding extra costumes and cosmetics for purchase for the Bloodlines 2, this is a great example of how sales suffer when you don't include 3rd person.

Don't know why people are disliking your post but it is a valid point.

Cosmetic outfits have little meaning in first person view. People care a lot more for the visual customisation of outfits in Assassins Creed Odyssey than in Far Cry 5.

Visual design of outfits will be meaningless in this game. Atrocious for an RPG which is, or used to be, known and loved for its stylised characters.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.