• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
New version
- 00_scripted_triggers.txt updated
- Silk Road nerfed
- Italian Roads now extends down to Bari
- Slight rework of Pannonian route around Pressburg
- Added a stretch from Vicenza to Ausburg
- Fixed a mistake where Merchant Enclaves gave +1 trade route income instead of +1 trade route wealth

Steam version will be posted soon

Apparently, I thought I had already released some of the map changes I had made, but accidentally deleted them instead. No update ever goes smoothly. The last version works perfectly fine, but if you want to incorporate my new changes, then download the new version.

- Made tweaks to the Baltic route; Imperial Roads; the English route and the Italian roads, including some more cities along all these routes
- Added a preliminary Atlantic route going from Bjørgvin to Nidaros then to Hålogaland
- Smacked Venice and Genoa on the Imperial Roads so they make more money again
- Reworked some graphics and tooltips descriptions

Last edited:
Hi, there's some sort of a bug with the Lombard provinces in northern Italy that I have isolated to somehow come from this submod. The provinces like to flip cultures to that of their direct owner's very easily once the game has been loaded at least once. I have no idea what could be causing this. I'm on the pre-HF patch and have HF disabled. I wasn't able to find anything about this. I am running a lot of other mods, but if I run just clean HIP with this mod, it does its thing regardless.

So basically:
Culture: Lombardo ("italian" in game files)
Problem: Flips to direct owner's culture on game load and any subsequent title succession.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

Hi, there's some sort of a bug with the Lombard provinces in northern Italy that I have isolated to somehow come from this submod. The provinces like to flip cultures to that of their direct owner's very easily once the game has been loaded at least once. I have no idea what could be causing this. I'm on the pre-HF patch and have HF disabled. I wasn't able to find anything about this. I am running a lot of other mods, but if I run just clean HIP with this mod, it does its thing regardless.

So basically:
Culture: Lombardo ("italian" in game files)
Problem: Flips to direct owner's culture on game load and any subsequent title succession.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

I've had this happen to me once. Do you have a save that I could take a look at.

I've had this happen to me once. Do you have a save that I could take a look at.
Sure, I attached one where I've been playing (Imperator.ck2) and one that is saved on the first day of the Old Gods scenario with my ruler being changed to Han culture for demonstration purposes (Hanperator.ck2. I also made the duke of Milan Aztec).

By the way, I also checked other start dates and it does the same thing, so it doesn't seem to be bound to any starting shenanigans. Changing culture conversion rules also does not have any effect on this bug.

Attachments

• Imperator.ck2
    23,2 MB · Views: 2
  • Hanperator.ck2
    14,3 MB · Views: 2
Sure, I attached one where I've been playing (Imperator.ck2) and one that is saved on the first day of the Old Gods scenario with my ruler being changed to Han culture for demonstration purposes (Hanperator.ck2. I also made the duke of Milan Aztec).

By the way, I also checked other start dates and it does the same thing, so it doesn't seem to be bound to any starting shenanigans. Changing culture conversion rules also does not have any effect on this bug.
I'll look at this next year. I'm still busy with my exams.

I'll look at this next year. I'm still busy with my exams.
Understandable
In the meantime, I encountered a strange thing- renaming the adjective for any title to "Italian" changes it to "Italian Roads" when you close the window and check again. I think there might be a name conflict that is causing this by possibly confusing how the save is written. I'll keep looking into it

EDIT: Yup, when I changed all occurrences of "Italian" in the mod to "Italian_roads," there is no longer any issue with Lombardo provinces or renaming. I did the same process for Venetian, as I noticed that it kept switching in the old manner. I also added "_roads" to all other short names like German or Balkan just in case. Everything is in order now.
I have attached the main mod file with the issue fixed. Localization has been kept intact.

Attachments

• expanded trade.rar
    857,6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Understandable
In the meantime, I encountered a strange thing- renaming the adjective for any title to "Italian" changes it to "Italian Roads" when you close the window and check again. I think there might be a name conflict that is causing this by possibly confusing how the save is written. I'll keep looking into it

EDIT: Yup, when I changed all occurrences of "Italian" in the mod to "Italian_roads," there is no longer any issue with Lombardo provinces or renaming. I did the same process for Venetian, as I noticed that it kept switching in the old manner. I also added "_roads" to all other short names like German or Balkan just in case. Everything is in order now.
I have attached the main mod file with the issue fixed. Localization has been kept intact.
Oh yes, that makes sense. Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I'll bake the fixes into the next version

Apparently, I thought I had already released some of the map changes I had made, but accidentally deleted them instead. No update ever goes smoothly. The last version works perfectly fine, but if you want to incorporate my new changes, then download the new version.

- Made tweaks to the Baltic route; Imperial Roads; the English route and the Italian roads, including some more cities along all these routes
- Added a preliminary Atlantic route going from Bjørgvin to Nidaros then to Hålogaland
- Smacked Venice and Genoa on the Imperial Roads so they make more money again
- Reworked some graphics and tooltips descriptions

I could suggest the Atlantic route to be extended from the White Sea to Dublin and mainland Europe. Norwegians had monopoly on the fur and tusk trade from northern scandinavian peninsula, they brought the trade to mainland and had also in the Viking Age established a trade station in Dublin (although I only can say in the viking age they traded fur/tusk for slaves in Dublin, but I don't know how later trade developed in that city).

Forgot about this thing, here's a little update.

Changelog:
- Fixed an issue causing weird stuff to happen cultures
- Decreased the price & build time of trade posts
- Reduced the value of all trade routes
- Touched up prices & effects of certain trade post buildings

Price reduction for trade posts is in line with vanilla's new trade posts as of 3.0, so I don't know how well-adjusted the current values are. Value refinements, route extensions in France, Italy and the steppes as well as the new HF trade post-buildings will be included the next version, which I'll make once HIP has been updated for HF

Very exciting - after about a year of tinkering on these .txt-files, I discover this:

Pa7irWg.png

I sure feel stupid now, but it did solve a major headache for me. I'm gonna make a building overhaul right away

Bonus update: Instead of sleeping, I revamped and standardized the buildings.

- Toll Booth now updated: Gives +10% trade post income, -1 trade route wealth and -10 trade value at level 1
- Merchant enclave updated: Gives +25 trade value and +1.25 trade route wealth at level 1
- Inland Trade Post updated: Now called Trading post, gives +1 trade route income and +1 trade route wealth at level 1
- All trade posts & their buildings cost the same, patrician or not.
- All trade posts have a base income of 1, patrician or not.
- Buildings are now standardized, with the exception of special buildings like the Radhanite compound. This means Merchant enclaves can be built in inland trade posts. "Trading post" can still only be built where there is a trade post trigger, however.

Last edited:
Bonus update: Instead of sleeping, I revamped and standardized the buildings.

- Toll Booth now updated: Gives +10% trade post income, -1 trade route wealth and -10 trade value at level 1
- Merchant enclave updated: Gives +25 trade value and +1.25 trade route wealth at level 1
- Inland Trade Post updated: Now called Trading post, gives +1 trade route income and +1 trade route wealth at level 1
- All trade posts & their buildings cost the same, patrician or not.
- All trade posts have a base value of 1, patrician or not.
- Buildings are now standardized, with the exception of special buildings like the Radhanite compound. This means Merchant enclaves can be built in inland trade posts. "Trading post" can still only be built where there is a trade post trigger, however.
Okay, this is epic

That means more love for Sicily included??? After I downloaded this sub mod, I felt sad because there’s no trade post in there. Anyway thanks for making great mod!
Speaking of Sicily, I'm not 100% sure what to do with a trade post there. I think the laziest (yet safest) thing for me to do is place a lone trade post trigger in Palermo, meaning it won't actually be connected to any trade route, but you can still build a trade post there, even as a feudal ruler. That way, you can consider the trade post an extension of the port, 'cause I really wish ports had their own mini-holdings a la forts and hospitals.

I'm doing a similar approach with Sardinia, though lone trade post triggers will be there specifically to represent mining. Trade posts there are already owned by Pisa in 1018 (though the trade post in Arborea is mysteriously gone in 1204?), and this is where the new HF-buildings and events will come into play. Historically, Aragon conquered Sardinia in the 1300s for the island's minerals (IIRC), so it's important for them to be able to own a trade post there so they can actually benefit from the mines.