Player retention comparted to CK3 first 2 weeks after release

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is that mean laissez faire capitalists build autonomously?
Autonomous investment removes the player's control over the Investment Pool. The funds in the pool will be spent automatically based (in theory) on what will make money for the pops (generally a mix of capis, aristos, and PBs depending on the nature of your economy) whose money goes into the pool.

The player retains their full decisionmaking freedom when it comes to buildings built using public funds.

• 1Like
Reactions:
ah, that is new. when i tried (at release) it was not the case. When did they add it?
From the Vicky 3 wiki:

Patch 1.2, aka "Hot Cinnamon Spice", was released on 2023-03-13[1] with the checksum 1974. It was originally released as an open beta[2] (patches 1.2.0 to 1.2.3) with patch 1.2.4 being the first official public release in the 1.2.X branch.​
  • Autonomous Investment: when the game rule is enabled, Pops will automatically start new private construction projects based on available funds in Investment Pool
  • Buildings can now have Government Shares, which will pay money (or subtract losses) directly into the treasury relative to building profits and government ownership share
  • The investment pool is now disabled under Command Economy. When Command Economy is enacted, all funds in the investment pool are seized for the treasury and all private construction projects are turned into government construction projects.

• 4Like
Reactions:
This seems to be a relatively common opinion and I am honestly suprised that Classical Antiquity seems to spark this little interest.

Sorry for straying from the topic, but I for one wasn't interested in I:R because of the Rome focus, if it were called Alexander: Diadochoi Age or something like that, I'd probably have bought it at launch.

Guys please stay on the topic; player retention, playerbase numbers, sales etc.

SteamDB just recorded lowest player numbers since release; 2574 players yesterday at 7am CET.

24h peak also dropped by ~1k to just 5296 players since my last comment (19.08). That's worrisome.

Screenshot_20230823-130040-110.png

Reactions:
SteamDB just recorded lowest player numbers since release; 2574 players yesterday at 7am CET.
At this point, the numbers of interest are the ones after the next patch hits, because Paradox games are always susceptible to the "man, the next patch is coming soon and looks so much better that I don't want to start a game right now".

• 16Like
Reactions:
Why tf would I play on this patch when it has: frontlines splitting, convoy raiding after war ending, majors deleting their ports (which had been a thing since 1.0), etc.

Waiting 5 days for something to be released would be great as it fixes all of this.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think the fixes coming are great but I don't see the added depth to keep players around. The war stuff is nice but still not nearly good enough. Economic side is still very meh. We shall see what happens with 1.5.

• 6Like
Reactions:

24h peak also dropped by ~1k to just 5296 players since my last comment (19.08). That's worrisome.

View attachment 1015550
Being fair, keep in mind that a bulk of players are holding out until the 28th to play since a big patch and beta's coming out.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Being fair, keep in mind that a bulk of players are holding out until the 28th to play since a big patch and beta's coming out.
I am skeptical this explains most of the drop - but can explain some of it.

testimonies from folks on the forum don't mean much as we are heavily biased towards being knowledgeable about updates as we check in all the time. Majority of players won't do this.

Reactions:
Don't discount people like me, that have been interested in Vic3 since pre-release but have basically been waiting for the changes from patch 1.4 and 1.5 to jump in.

• 6Like
Reactions:

View attachment 1015550
Well, given that 1.4 and 1.5 beta are supposed to drop in a week, a lot of people might not want to start new games given the huge sweeping changes that will be coming soon.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The last couple days have been wild. 2300 players at the nadir, and sub ~3k every day. I know people love to blame it on the new patch or w/e but there's a new patch every month or so. Guess we'll see how September goes.
New patch, and an open beta for the patch after the new patch, hits on Monday.

Even if I was into this kind of fretful numerological hand-wringing, I wouldn't care about the player numbers the week before a big patch.

Reactions: