• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
- Tweaked several coastlines and rivers to make the terrain match province borders
Is this in reference to missing province adjacencies across major rivers (two across the German part of the Danube and one across the Dniepr being the ones I'm aware of)?

Also, are we ever going to see a fix to the years-old bug where religious/heretic rebel leaders, who are always given the Zealous trait when generated, can also spawn with Cynical, despite the two normally being mutually exclusive?

Added set_gender = male/female/opposite effect,

What if I use it on a pregnant woman? Will she become a man and stop being pregnant?

-Added set_gender = male/female/opposite effect, sets the scoped character's gender to be male or female or the opposite of what they currently are. Warning: messing with a character's gender may have unintended side effects so use with caution.

I suppose this will be possible to test when the patch is released, but do marriages/concubine relations stay in place when using the effect, and does the underlying code for pregnancies check the gender of both parties before deciding if someone can become, or get someone, pregnant during such relations similar to how it does for lovers (instead of assuming that a man always can get his consorts/spouses pregnant if they're able to have children without bothering to check that the other party is female)? If those relations stay in place and pregnancies actively check the genders of both parties in all relationships, it would be possible to mod in same-sex concubines/spouses (using special targeted decisions instead of the hardcoded ones, of course) by flipping someone's gender, adding the relationship, and flipping them back without risking it resulting in impossible pregnancies.

Still hoping to see the addition of a Fox or Japanese culture down the line.
But these are great fixes/additions!

Any chance the gfx for animals can be fixed? For instance elephants would be better if they used African or Indian GFX instead of west european for their buildings.
The animals also need a cultural unit. I was disappointed I couldn't make an elephant army as an elephant.

No dynasty shield/holding flag fix?

I don't want to come off sounding like a *** but this has already been asked about a dozen times after it was answered. Yes, they'll be fixed but they forgot to put it in the notes. Read the thread, click the little button under sort and next to watch that says "Show only Dev responses" and it'll only show you the Dev responses. Last check, there was only 2 pages worth and mostly all short and quick replies to questions.

Great work guys! Thanks so much.

Instead of being an event that triggers it, I've changed it into a decision you use instead.
If you take this decision, do you need to choose a new beneficiary? Or could my beneficiary become both the duke of Cyrenaica and the King/Queen of Jerusalem?

On another note, has any progress been made on the ability of god names to be changed, like Greek names for Hellenistic gods if converted by a Greek? I assume this isn't a priority compared to all the actual bugs (I don't think it should be), but by Zeus am I curious about that feature!

Please fix whatever bug is causing unlanded characters to get the wrong government type when you give them a county title.

It feels like about 5% of the time, when I give an unlanded character a county title, expecting them to become a feudal Count, they inexplicably become a Lord Mayor or a Prince-Bishop instead, even though the county capital is a castle holding. I have no idea why this is happening, but it's extremely frustrating.

Is this what is happening to the AI and they're creating MRs left and right?

What about coat of arms of Empire of Russia? :/
We didn't manage to get something about it in for this patch but we have something planned to address this for a later patch.

I suppose this will be possible to test when the patch is released, but do marriages/concubine relations stay in place when using the effect, and does the underlying code for pregnancies check the gender of both parties before deciding if someone can become, or get someone, pregnant during such relations similar to how it does for lovers (instead of assuming that a man always can get his consorts/spouses pregnant if they're able to have children without bothering to check that the other party is female)? If those relations stay in place and pregnancies actively check the genders of both parties in all relationships, it would be possible to mod in same-sex concubines/spouses (using special targeted decisions instead of the hardcoded ones, of course) by flipping someone's gender, adding the relationship, and flipping them back without risking it resulting in impossible pregnancies.
It's a very naive implementation of the set_gender effect. It's not utilized in vanilla and you might need to do multiple maintenance checks beside it to get it to behave in the exact way you want it to. However once it's figured out, then the scripted effects will likely be super helpful.

Made the Pope somewhat less likely to accept Excommunication requests on behalf of AI rulers and significantly less likely to accept Excommunication requests from landless mercenaries/holy orders.

Maybe the pope shouldn’t take hatred because of dejure claims in consideration. Right now every HREmperor gets excommunicated because he owns so much of the papal state. Even the most pious HREmperors.

Also if the Emperor gives away these lands these lands should be split. Right now the pope gets vast lands in Italy becausr the duke of tuscany is huge. The pope shouldn’t get land from Spoleto to Milano but only Spoleto.

- You can no longer spam duel challenges at a target if they refuse your first one - instead, there is a cooldown.

How do you now intend to rebalance it to give us more options for dueling? It's already way too restrictive and the focus is a bit shitty unless you got the zealous trait? There needs to be some sort of more free dueling so you can do it more if you want to.

- The HRE can now be formed in the Charlemagne start once more

Nice, I was affected by this issue in a game, will it work retroactively on games before this patch?

- Hopefully fixed the Children's Crusade still getting stuck at Genoa, stacking ludicrous amounts of event troops and then obliterating Islam.

Hopefully you didnt fix it because Islam needs some serious nerfs. Any plans on how to balance those nerfs out btw?

- Added age check on wandering knight falling in love with a Queen during her Coronation.

Why fix something that aint broken? :(

Guys can we PLEASE pretty please get an Early HRE Founder Bloodline if the Dynasty doesn't already have a Bloodline? It'd be a great way to incentivise players to play as something other then Karlings.

Guys can we PLEASE pretty please get an Early HRE Founder Bloodline if the Dynasty doesn't already have a Bloodline? It'd be a great way to incentivise players to play as something other then Karlings.

Idk, I only ever started as Karling once or twice to get the achievements as Charlie and Karloman. Other than that I never start as them really because it's too easy. Its much more fun getting their bloodline thru marriage. :)

But a HRE founder bloodline would indeed be cool for other reasons.

Idk, I only ever started as Karling once or twice to get the achievements as Charlie and Karloman. Other than that I never start as them really because it's too easy. Its much more fun getting their bloodline thru marriage. :)

But a HRE founder bloodline would indeed be cool for other reasons.

I'd go for something like...

+ 5% monthly prestige
+ 5 relations with all vassals
+ 10% moral for armies

It's honestly fairly balanced for the amount of work that founding the HRE is in the early start date, especially when you have to square off against Francia. AND it incentivises players to actually go ahead and annex more land after getting the bloodline.

I'd go for something like...

+ 5% monthly prestige
+ 5 relations with all vassals
+ 10% moral for armies

It's honestly fairly balanced for the amount of work that founding the HRE is in the early start date, especially when you have to square off against Francia. AND it incentivises players to actually go ahead and annex more land after getting the bloodline.

Yeah that sounds reasonable. :)

Are there any plans to allow Crusading characters to nominate themselves as a benefactor and then abdicate their current lands in favour of what they get in the crusade (e.g. as happened in the First Crusade winners)?

Could you please do something for bloodline created by women so that by playing the usual patrilineal way, it is possible to transmit the bloodline ?

The issue is as follow (and it happened to me 3 times already):
1) You manage to create a bloodline with your female character
2) The bloodline created is transmitted by women in your dynasty and has the matrilineal marriage modifier
This is true at least for the ambition created bloodline and the alexander bloodline
3) Because you are in the usual agnatico-cognatic way of title transmission, you will end up with a son that will not transmit the bloodline

If we turn this around with a male character, the bloodline is created with transmission by men and matrilineal marriage transmission!
Which is thus fairly easy to keep in the family and continue playing with it.

All I hope is:
transmission by men + "matrilineal marriage tag" = men will transmit and women if in a matrilineal marriage
transmission by women + "matrilineal marriage tag" = women will transmit and men if in a "normal" marriage

Thus in both case, we have condition to lose the bloodline:
men + tag = through women in "normal" marriage
women + tag = through men in "matrilineal" mariage

Which is logical as it's the "opposite" situation.
Because let's face it, it's VERY infuriating to have a nice bloodline and realize that there is about 75% change that you will lose it at each generation !