• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe the pope shouldn’t take hatred because of dejure claims in consideration. Right now every HREmperor gets excommunicated because he owns so much of the papal state. Even the most pious HREmperors.

Also if the Emperor gives away these lands these lands should be split. Right now the pope gets vast lands in Italy becausr the duke of tuscany is huge. The pope shouldn’t get land from Spoleto to Milano but only Spoleto.

I think the pope's use of excommunications due to dejure claims and his appetite for new land should be restricted to ambitions and/or envious popes. It would lessen the excommunication spam and would truly differentiate between various popes, currently they and their actions still feel rather samey. I want memorable popes, be they of the truly pious and zealous or the greedy and power hungry variant.

Would it be possible to patch the Byzantine crown artifact so that emperors of the reformed Roman Empire can continue to wear it? This seems like an oversight at present.

I'd go for something like...

+ 5% monthly prestige
+ 5 relations with all vassals
+ 10% moral for armies

Or change +5 relations with all vassals to +5 catholic opinion. Non-catholic vassals will probably be less likely lick the boots of the Holy Roman Emperor, because they don't see the HRE as holy. I would even add an opinion malus for orthodox characters as they won't see the HRE as legitimate.
You could also add a little bit of piety and combat modifier.

Won't that +10 PCS for being a commander be pointless since everyone you face in war events would probably have that title too?
I would have to go through the code to be certain, but I am given to understand that absolute combat skill is used some places. I believe the "you just died randomly" event is less likely for high person combat skill characters, so getting +10 personal combat skill for being a commander makes it less likely.

Also, independent rulers won't have the +10 bonus, nor will marshals, so it might be worth having your second highest martial commander be your marshal because he has significantly lower PCS and you want to have your best commander go about slaughtering the heathens.

I don't want to come off sounding like a *** but this has already been asked about a dozen times after it was answered. Yes, they'll be fixed but they forgot to put it in the notes. Read the thread, click the little button under sort and next to watch that says "Show only Dev responses" and it'll only show you the Dev responses. Last check, there was only 2 pages worth and mostly all short and quick replies to questions.
Thank you, I had not seen that xD

And I just started a new CK2 campaign, every time.

Well, that's what the beta older version is for. :)

Can you just put a hard limit of 18 martial before the AI wil lead its own armies? I see 12 martial kings/queens marching their armies around all the time (with entirely predictable results)

I am currently playing a reformed Romuva game and head an excellent ruler and religious head. When I reformed, I picked the Ancestor Veneration for multiple reasons, but I was quite disappointed when I found out a religious head cannot be venerated with temporal authority because of a three day delay between the day of death and possible veneration. I understand this was implemented to prevent the player from venerating every single ruler you played as, but it is a huge bummer if you had a truly excellent ruler. Is it therefore possible to fix this problem, but make sure the player is coerced in not venerating every ruler they had, but just the ones that also seem worth it (as if you would choose to venerate an AI-ruler)?

Could you please do something for bloodline created by women so that by playing the usual patrilineal way, it is possible to transmit the bloodline ?

The issue is as follow (and it happened to me 3 times already):
1) You manage to create a bloodline with your female character
2) The bloodline created is transmitted by women in your dynasty and has the matrilineal marriage modifier
This is true at least for the ambition created bloodline and the alexander bloodline
3) Because you are in the usual agnatico-cognatic way of title transmission, you will end up with a son that will not transmit the bloodline

If we turn this around with a male character, the bloodline is created with transmission by men and matrilineal marriage transmission!
Which is thus fairly easy to keep in the family and continue playing with it.

All I hope is:
transmission by men + "matrilineal marriage tag" = men will transmit and women if in a matrilineal marriage
transmission by women + "matrilineal marriage tag" = women will transmit and men if in a "normal" marriage

Thus in both case, we have condition to lose the bloodline:
men + tag = through women in "normal" marriage
women + tag = through men in "matrilineal" mariage

Which is logical as it's the "opposite" situation.
Because let's face it, it's VERY infuriating to have a nice bloodline and realize that there is about 75% change that you will lose it at each generation !

Maybe upload it as a bug report? I agree it's frustrating, and the behaviour does seem unintentional, since the icons of the bloodline for gender are redundant.

Maybe upload it as a bug report? I agree it's frustrating, and the behaviour does seem unintentional, since the icons of the bloodline for gender are redundant.

This may be intentional because now having female ruler is a perfect way to inherit bloodlines from AI so maybe price you have to pay for it is not being able to forge and keep your own bloodline.

Can you just put a hard limit of 18 martial before the AI wil lead its own armies? I see 12 martial kings/queens marching their armies around all the time (with entirely predictable results)

Disagree. A better method woukd be to give Kings/Queens other bonuses that make leading an army with so low martial worth the risk.

Separate issue - Commanders need a message setting so we can see when they die in battle, leave their position, or die naturally. Nothing worse than getting the "commander position available' icon and having no idea which commander is now gone.