• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They are still committed to implementing the Legendary MechWarriors Kickstarter goal, and it will be done over time. Some will be controllable, some not.

They are still committed to implementing the Legendary MechWarriors Kickstarter goal, and it will be done over time. Some will be controllable, some not.
I really like the feel of how Mitch and Kiva describes it. Rather than having all Cameos filled out of the gate and to one level (perhaps as Single Player Skirmish Mode Lances), spacing them out through a series of expansions... (hmm... expansions would connote that we’d be paying for something that was already earned in KickStarter and though I may be wrong, i don’t see HBS making us pay for what we’ve already earned) ...perhaps attached to a few Free Updates, where each of the earned KickStarter Cameos can soon perhaps even benefit from their own scripted FLASHPOINT or series of interlocked FLASHPOINTS would to me be so very much worth it! And to me so much more immersive if the FLASHPOINT Mechanism is used, than if at Launch there had been a series of single “named” Lances available in Single Player Skirmish Mode (without any associated storyline.)

In other words so much more can soon be made out of the KickStarter-earned Cameos, if they are incorporated into future FLASHPOINT scripted mini-story arcs!

While we don’t yet know how these cameos will precisely work out, the FLASHPOINT Mechanism will soon give HBS some very interesting options! : )

Attachments

• A27EA0E3-66B2-454E-819C-725FEFE4D212.jpeg
    A27EA0E3-66B2-454E-819C-725FEFE4D212.jpeg
    375,2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Maybe, just...I dunno...keep the expectations in check there? All that was say was they're still committed to implementing the goal and that some will and some will not be controllable. Getting over-hyped about it and massively extrapolating from what was said doesn't necessarily help.

It was interesting that HBS are apparently still committed to (eventually) fulfilling the Kickstarter stretch / social goals that they have control over, such as legendary MechWarriors. This is a good thing in my book, however they decide to implement it.

I agree with Lady Alecto then. It might not seem like the dramatic choice to some at first glance, but I really do believe when we look back we will all see that this was a much more far reaching and impressive additional implementation of a mechanic for them to risk adding than the ordinary single additional story campaign.
It adds a mechanic method for as many (branching) short stories as can be cranked out, and they can thus continue to be cranked out after.
This is exactly why I'm excited about this DLC. It sets us up for continuing new story content, which is one of the things that will keep me coming back to Battletech.

i don’t see HBS making us pay for what we’ve already earned
I also don't see that happening. HBS did a good job of honoring their KS commitments with the Shadowrun games and they've been straightforward about the goals that they have not yet delivered for Battletech.

@HBS_Kiva
This may have been answered elsewhere but for the life of me I can't find it.
Also, I wish I was bright enough to ask yesterday.

QUESTION: In the FLASHPOINT Editor... when making a FLASHPOINT what level of granularity is displayed? Can you choose a specific mission like, SimpleBattle_RaidingParty_Hard.json, or just Battle? Can you override LanceSpawner for a specific mission? Add a completion bonus payment to a mission that doesn't otherwise include one?

Should I wait for the next DD or Twitch Stream? Or Release to find out? :)

I hope that Coolant Vent just goes away completely.

I hope it's changed from "Coolant Vent" to "Coolant Pods", with the associated weight and space requirements, instead.

I really like the feel of how Mitch and Kiva describes it. Rather rthan having all Cameos filled out of the gate and to one level (perhaps as Single Player Skirmish Mode Lances), spacing them out through a series of expansions... (hmm... expansions would connote that we’d be paying for something that was already earned in KickStarter and though I may be wrong, i don’t see HBS making us pay for what we’ve already earned) ...perhaps attached to a few Free Updates, where each of the earned KickStarter Cameos can soon perhaps even benefit from their own scripted FLASHPOINT or series of interlocked FLASHPOINTS would to me be so very much worth it! And to me so much more immersive if the FLASHPOINT Mechanism is used, than if at Launch there had been a series of single “named” Lances available in Single Player Skirmish Mode (without any associated storyline.)

In other words so much more can soon be made out of the KickStarter-earned Cameos, if they are incorporated into future FLASHPOINT scripted mini-story arcs!

While we don’t yet know how these cameos will preciselybwirk out, the FLASHPOINT Mechanism will soon give HBS some very interesting options! : )

We're creating multiple types of cameos such as appearances in Events, appearances as characters in Flashpoint conversations, playable units in missions, etc. Some will be free in updates like 1.3 and some will be in paid expansions like Flashpoint. The commitment is that no character we committed to in the Kickstarter will ONLY be in paid content and most if not all will be available in both over time. The second commitment is that a cameo character won't appear in paid content before appearing in free content.

We're creating multiple types of cameos such as appearances in Events, appearances as characters in Flashpoint conversations, playable units in missions, etc. Some will be free in updates like 1.3 and some will be in paid expansions like Flashpoint. The commitment is that no character we committed to in the Kickstarter will ONLY be in paid content and most if not all will be available in both over time. The second commitment is that a cameo character won't appear in paid content before appearing in free content.
Thanks for the clarification. It sounds like you will be doing right by us, which is exactly what I expected. :)

Kiva also mentioned the Raven

...and the Clans.
I got the Raven reference but completely missed the Clan one.
I personally think the Clans are a long way away (like 2 years, it’s a long way to travel from their Homeworlds)
As a fan since the early 90s I’m more at home in Pre 3050 Succession wars Inner Sphere were a merc company could make an impact.

I got the Raven reference but completely missed the Clan one.
I personally think the Clans are a long way away (like 2 years, it’s a long way to travel from their Homeworlds)
As a fan since the early 90s I’m more at home in Pre 3050 Succession wars Inner Sphere were a merc company could make an impact.
Indeed, the Clans are a ways off... just how far, only BATTLETECH Illuminati know. : )

about half a year I was not there in the multiplayer?
is there something new?
Perhaps nobody is playing unless the tournament is that?
It can be difficult to drop into the BATTLETECH Lobby without coordination and find a match in under a few minutes.

But our various Challonge Tournaments and the Inner Sphere Wars League (ISW) are all great ways for BATTLETECH gamers to find, coordinate and hold Multi-Player matches.

So good in fact that I’ve been able to construct BATTLETECH Community Leaderboards from the Challonge and ISW data: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...nt-isw-and-multi-player-leaderboards.1118634/

Check out the HBS BATTLETECH Unofficial Discord’s “Tournament Announcements” channel: https://discord.gg/DpwBpq5

Or the ISW Discord’s “Looking for Unit” channel: https://discord.gg/DpwBpq5

how much will it cost?

USD$19.99 listed on Steam in Australia. Apparently someone in a region using Peso is looking at only $10.

Well, that certainly bumped Flash Point way down on the shopping list. Come on HBS, that's half of the base game for a some chained missions and 3 meh-worthy mechs.