• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
USD$19.99 listed on Steam in Australia. Apparently someone in a region using Peso is looking at only $10.

Well, that certainly bumped Flash Point way down on the shopping list. Come on HBS, that's half of the base game for a some chained missions and 3 meh-worthy mechs.
If you don't think it's worth the asking price, just wait for the inevitable sale. But please, for the love of all things BattleTech, stop selling the expansion short by calling it "some chained missions and 3 meh-worthy mechs".

Please?

Edit: Features Mitch mentioned in the new trailer:
  • Over 30 hours of content
  • Branching story-lines in every Flashpoint
  • 3 new 'Mechs (Crab, Hatchetman, Cyclops)
  • Special rewards (even LosTech)
  • New Target Acquisition mission type
  • New Tropical Beach biome

Last edited:
If you don't think it's worth the asking price, just wait for the inevitable sale. But please, for the love of all things BattleTech, stop selling the expansion short by calling it "some chained missions and 3 meh-worthy mechs".

Please?
30 hours of content in Flashpoint missions, 3 new mechs, a new mission type, a new biome type with new maps.
The Target Acquisition mission type means probably 10 to 20 new missions added to the mission generator.
With the new biome added in, there will be several dozen new "fights" available.
You can buy the season pass for a 33% discount get 3 DLCs for the price of 2.

I'd consider this DLC worthy of my $$$!

The Season Pass is €39.99 and includes Flashpoint, Urban Warfare, and the unnamed third expansion, making them €13.33 each.

Please?

Edit: Features Mitch mentioned in the new trailer:
  • Over 30 hours of content
  • Branching story-lines in every Flashpoint
  • 3 new 'Mechs (Crab, Hatchetman, Cyclops)
  • Special rewards (even LosTech)
  • New Target Acquisition mission type
  • New Tropical Beach biome

Sorry but that's my perception too. I mean, in my opinion, 3 mechs, a new map, a new mission type aren't worthy half the price of the base game. The only thing that could change my mind is the quality, the quantity and the diversity of the flashpoints. And the Special rewards are in the base game too .-. you are only giving me those as "new rewards" for a payment (someone could call it lootbox). My opinion can totally revert once i will see more flashpoints and the full list of the free update, back in the day expansion was meaning almost a new game, a 1.5 version of some sort before the sequel. Again that is my perception as a customer, i am not contesting or judging the Dev team, and i hope the next streams will change my mind.

Sorry but that's my perception too. I mean, in my opinion, 3 mechs, a new map, a new mission type aren't worthy half the price of the base game. The only thing that could change my mind is the quality, the quantity and the diversity of the flashpoints. And the Special rewards are in the base game too .-. you are only giving me those as "new rewards" for a payment (someone could call it lootbox). My opinion can totally revert once i will see more flashpoints and the full list of the free update, back in the day expansion was meaning almost a new game, a 1.5 version of some sort before the sequel. Again that is my perception as a customer, i am not contesting or judging the Dev team, and i hope the next streams will change my mind.

I get that, and I understand your line of reasoning to an extent. I think I'd at least consider this though...

If all the Flashpoints equate to roughly 30hours of gameplay, that more content than most campaigns in expansions. I played the Desperate Measures campaign in MechCommander and I wouldn't doubt that it was half that long or a third that long. Even games like the MechWarrior 4 Expansions were still near or less than 30 hours each.

With the new mechs, the new maps (I am sure there will be more than 1 map in the new biome), and a new missions type, I think it seems pretty reasonable to me personally.

I can understand if it feels like it isn't enough content. To me though, it feels like it is well worth it. I know everyone's mileage may vary when it comes to things like this.

P.S. The lootbox comment threw me for a bit of a loop there :). My interpretation of lootboxes is rewards that can be purchased for real money (even if they can also be earned in game as well). HBS has stated that they are not going to go the Microtransaction route with BattleTech, so luckily the whole paid lootbox issue shouldn't ever be a thing. I hope that paid lootboxes will soon not be a thing industry wide *crosses fingers*.

30 hours of story content is not a small amount for $20. Add in the new mechs, mission types, and biome and it looks like a pretty substantial expansion to me.

Also, I cannot figure out how the Flashpoint DLC could be considered lootbox. As far as I can tell, what you are implying is that it is a lootbox if the random reward can only be earned if you have purchased a DLC. By that definition, the majority of DLC ever created would be considered lootboxes, which does not seem sensible to me. Could you clarify your definition of lootbox?

30 hours of story content is not a small amount for $20. Add in the new mechs, mission types, and biome and it looks like a pretty substantial expansion to me.

Also, I cannot figure out how the Flashpoint DLC could be considered lootbox. As far as I can tell, what you are implying is that it is a lootbox if the random reward can only be earned if you have purchased a DLC. By that definition, the majority of DLC ever created would be considered lootboxes, which does not seem sensible to me. Could you clarify your definition of lootbox?

The lootbox thing was a little provocation, lostech and rare mech's equipment are already in the game, but not given or extremely rarely given after a mission as salvage. With the flashpoints you are given those rewards 100%. My opinion is that you can't list those as expansion content, you are only unlocking them behind another payment. If there will be totally new equipment ad lostech I can totally change my mind on this aspect. In my post i said only 1 map, because they manually drawn it, a big work indeed but they drawn a lot more for the base game, and the random generator mission will cut pieces of it and place battles in the new biome. For the 30 hours of new gameplay that's another personal perception, the type of missions that you will face are the same missions that i played again and again in the base game, i have no doubt that they are designed with more care tough, that's why i want to know more before purchase the DLC.

Ohhh, keep in mind that FLASHPOINTS will be Editable. It is shipping with an Editor so Players can write additional FLASHPOINTS. Which just turned the amount of content to nearly infinite!

Steam FLASHPOINT.png

#nuffsaid

Sorry but that's my perception too. I mean, in my opinion, 3 mechs, a new map, a new mission type aren't worthy half the price of the base game.
Just to be clear, it isn't one new MAP. It is one new BIOME. Think of all the different maps there are for the Highlands Biome. There are different maps for different mission types and a variety of maps for each mission. Altogether there are a significant number of maps per biome.

Everyone's relative value of the expansions is going to be different. There is nothing wrong with that. If what is included isn't worth $20 to someone, they should wait until it is on sale, but I want to be clear on what is included.

Do we know if the tropical environment and the target acquisition mission are going to be available for normal missions or if they are just going to occur within flashpoints?

Do we know if the tropical environment and the target acquisition mission are going to be available for normal missions or if they are just going to occur within flashpoints?
They will occur as Procedurally Generated Missions just like normal.

Per post by HBS_HighCommand no Target Acquisitions in ProcGen

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but as I understand it the Tropical Biome will be available outside of a FLASHPOINT’s Chain of Missions. :bow:

EDIT: Ninja’d by @scJazz! : )

EDIT 2: Target Acquisition Missions will not be available outside of FLASHPOINTS.

Last edited:
The Season Pass is €39.99 and includes Flashpoint, Urban Warfare, and the unnamed third expansion, making them €13.33 each.
I signed up for that last night. Nice to get a timeline for Urban Warfare.
Im guessing it will be similar content (new mechs, new biome, new map)

Personally I would like to have seen perhaps 5 mechs in the expansion.
I think the number of Panthers, Locusts, Commandos and Jenners needs some dilution. (Im currently using the 5 salvage option)
New mechs In assuming are mostly a visual addition (no special mechs) while Flashpoints is a big change to the primary story/mission generator.

You'll see the biome outside of flashpoints but not Target Acquisition.
I stand corrected, Good Sir. :bow:
And shall correct the errant post immediately. : )