• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Imho very doubtful. Still a whole lot more assets to add than for 4th succession war.

Probably will be another 3025ish story expansion before getting to the 4th and another parallel public content patch.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/321328654

For those who missed the live stream. Paradox Extra hasn't posted this up yet at the time of this message.

Question: how repetitive will these branching options be? Would I get another flash point down the track where I'm forced to choose between X company and getting paid to look away by faction Y? If so, it'll feel REALLY jarring.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/321328654

For those who missed the live stream. Paradox Extra hasn't posted this up yet at the time of this message.

Question: how repetitive will these branching options be? Would I get another flash point down the track where I'm forced to choose between X company and getting paid to look away by faction Y? If so, it'll feel REALLY jarring.
I thought they mentioned that a FLASHPOINT would only occur once unless it was failed... sooo I'd say no.

I thought they mentioned that a FLASHPOINT would only occur once unless it was failed... sooo I'd say no.
I could be mistaken, but I believe that they said that there are both repeatable and non-repeatable Flashpoints.

I could be mistaken, but I believe that they said that there are both repeatable and non-repeatable Flashpoints.

Cheers. I guess what they've shown is the non-repeating one? I remember Jake Solomon boasted back in XCOM preview that they have over 50 map combinations from their hand-crafted map pool so players will get plenty of variety. I started feeling deja vu half way into my first play through...

Makes me wonder just how deep is the flash point mission pool cause that's literally the main selling point of this DLC.

About 20 minutes into the video, Kiva says that there are flashpoints that are created for factions which are repeatable.
I can see that ~ beating back Pirate Incursions from the Periphery, Corporate contracts to patrol areas vulnerable to raiders from Corporate Rivals, Local National Governments looking to investigate and put down Regional Insurgencies...

Yeah, all manner of grist for the recurring FLASHPOINT mil.! : )

Imho very doubtful. Still a whole lot more assets to add than for 4th succession war.

Probably will be another 3025ish story expansion before getting to the 4th and another parallel public content patch.
mmmm true. Ya know it sux cuz im not really psyched about this DLC. I mean the Hatchetman is cool and a first for the series but theres nothing groundbreaking here. If i remember correctly no new vehicles just 3 mechs. It all feels underwhelming but maybe thats cuz its about 20 bucks. I guess i was expecting something that Roguetech hasnt done already.

... I guess i was expecting something that Roguetech hasnt done already.
I think @LadyAlekto would be the first to say that diving into the new FLASHPOINT release is something to be very, very excited about! : )

As a matter of fact I recall just such a LadyAlekto comment from the BATTLETECHGAME Discord Server.

As for me, the new Tropical Biome and the Target Acquition Mission Type rival FLASHPOINTS as never before seen items of BATTLETECH game decelopment. :bow:

mmmm true. Ya know it sux cuz im not really psyched about this DLC. I mean the Hatchetman is cool and a first for the series but theres nothing groundbreaking here. If i remember correctly no new vehicles just 3 mechs. It all feels underwhelming but maybe thats cuz its about 20 bucks. I guess i was expecting something that Roguetech hasnt done already.

What can i get for $20 on steam/gmg/gog...Frost Punk, Battle Brothers, Curse of Vampire Coast (DLC), Star Trader: Frontier, XCOM: War of the Chosen (DLC). The content level is more in line with Paradox's DLC policy and better than stuff from EA but somewhat bare boned from what I expect from HBS.

What can i get for $20 on steam/gmg/gog...Frost Punk, Battle Brothers, Curse of Vampire Coast (DLC), Star Trader: Frontier, XCOM: War of the Chosen (DLC). The content level is more in line with Paradox's DLC policy and better than stuff from EA but somewhat bare boned from what I expect from HBS.
I find it curious that here we are in mid-October and no price has been set for FLASHPOINT.

How much did the first Shadowrun expansion cost?

And how long was it between Shadowrun Launch until the first expansion was released?

That's a shame. I'm excited by this DLC, as I think that Flashpoints will be a great addition to the game. Plus, of course, everyone likes new mechs. Especially ones with unique shiny features.

The thing that I was most excited to hear was when Kiva said that they were toning down some of the "crazy" changes to skills that they had put forward in the Beta. That is good news to me. Thanks for listening to feedback HBS! I hope that Coolant Vent just goes away completely.

I think @LadyAlekto would be the first to say that diving into the new FLASHPOINT release is something to be very, very excited about! : )

As a matter of fact I recall just such a LadyAlekto comment from the BATTLETECHGAME Discord Server.

As for me, the new Tropical Biome and the Target Acquisition Mission Type rival FLASHPOINTS as never before seen items of BATTLETECH game decelopment. :bow:
I agree with Lady Alecto then. It might not seem like the dramatic choice to some at first glance, but I really do believe when we look back we will all see that this was a much more far reaching and impressive additional implementation of a mechanic for them to risk adding than the ordinary single additional story campaign.
It adds a mechanic method for as many (branching) short stories as can be cranked out, and they can thus continue to be cranked out after.

Not bad for a couple months.

YMMV certainly.

I find it curious that here we are in mid-October and no price has been set for FLASHPOINT.

How much did the first Shadowrun expansion cost?

And how long was it between Shadowrun Launch until the first expansion was released?
I do not at all believe they would be in any way analogous, iirc Shadowrun Returns presale was 17.99, and Dragonfall dlc version was 14.99

Thats a big IIRC though.

The thing that I was most excited to hear was when Kiva said that they were toning down some of the "crazy" changes to skills that they had put forward in the Beta. That is good news to me. Thanks for listening to feedback HBS! I hope that Coolant Vent just goes away completely.
A correction: it wasn't said that they are toning down what is in the Skill Beta, but that what is seen in the Beta has already pared back from some of the crazier ideas.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/321328654?t=19m29s