• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

emmasterakia

Community Developer
6 Badges
Mar 27, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
HrIRvTc.jpg

What´s that? More gameplay from the upcoming BATTLETECH DLC Flashpoint? Oh yes indeed! Tune in to twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive on Thursday, 18:00 CEST / 9AM PT.

Sweet!

I can hardly wait. : )

Will we again have a visit from Team HBS?

I hope so. :bow:

Hmm, it's going to be a bit tricky for me, as that's about the time that I'll have to leave to go to work, but... Yeah, I think I can rearrange things a bit, no way am I missing this! :D

Yup. Smart move letting Anders play while you were taking questions, it really made the whole thing a lot ... meatier.

Good job all around!
Excellent point! Definitely keep doing that!
Also make Kiva do a "special" voice for Sumire :) lol

I was taking some notes during the stream...
The Flashpoints that have been written ALWAYS contain at least one "Decision Branch" ie Gamebook style (Gamebooks are sometimes called choose your own adventure books or CYOA).

Flashpoints can contain more than one branch in design although it wasn't clear to me that any of the ones that are written do. ( @EmptyPepsiCan this point is for you)

Flashpoints become available at the end of the Restoration Campaign or in Career mode.

The Cyclops Battle Computers feature (buff) is still not fixed. They are still messing with it.

The Battle Computer and Hatchet are "fixed" special equipment. They unique to the Cyclops and Hatchetman. They can not be found in Stores, removed, moved, etc. If they are destroyed in battle then repairing the location will cause them to be fixed.
Artillery cannot be used by Players.

Fun points not Flashpoint related
Mitch: the answer to any "have we considered" question is "Yes" :) ( I lol'd )
@Captain kerebos is the Map god :)
Kevin Maloney is the person responsible for the Panzyr mission that requires the crazy run to catch the APC.
The Argos has an infinite cargo bay because Kiva didn't want to have to think about Inventory ( I lol'd again )
Kiva is more interested in Game Play then the EconSim ( I lol'd a third time )
The Feature or I guess "white paper" for infantry is already written but they are still kicking it around and don't have the resources to address it yet.
No plans for Aircraft.

It took me a bit to find the video of this on Twitch because it is part of a 4 hour block with a Surviving Mars preview picture. I'm watching it now. :)

It took me a bit to find the video of this on Twitch because it is part of a 4 hour block with a Surviving Mars preview picture. I'm watching it now. :)
Good to know. I missed part of it live.

Edit: Timestamp 3:11:43

Last edited:
I don't think I'm spoiling anything when I say: The hatchet was used. It was glorious. :)
Even better... Mitch pointed out that the FX team had made it even more glorious but that wasn't in the version they demo'd on Twitch!

I very much and litterly jumped for joy when it wa mentioned that Connor (aka HBS_CaptKerberos) was working on a Multiplayer Arena Map so large that it took up the entire map’able area. : )

(MAJOR CAVEATS: of course, just because it was being worked on, does not mean it will be shipped with Update 1.3 and just because it is so large currently, does not mean it might not be somewhat more compact if / whenever it is released.)