• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm having some characters with invisible faces. Those characters, as I have checked with the 'charinfo' console command, have 'tuareg' ethnicity. I removed the "WTWSMS/gfx" folder when I installed the mod and I removed it again before writing here. I own the African Portraits DLC. I'm running WTWSMS 0.9.12.1 on CK2 2.3.8.2. Is this a known bug? If it's some kind of installation problem, how can I solve it?

Thank you

Edit: I don't think it matters because it's a graphical problem, but I'm getting the correct UUGF checksum on the main menu.
Edit 2: I'm also running all major DLC except Sunset Invasion.

Last edited:
Also, with the release of HF, will the reformable and non-reformable pagans stay that way or will some currently non-reformable pagans become reformable, as it will happen with Bön in vanilla?

What unreformable (not already reformed) pagan religions are added in this mod?

I'm having some characters with invisible faces. Those characters, as I have checked with the 'charinfo' console command, have 'tuareg' ethnicity. I removed the "WTWSMS/gfx" folder when I installed the mod and I removed it again before writing here. I own the African Portraits DLC. I'm running WTWSMS 0.9.12.1 on CK2 2.3.8.2. Is this a known bug? If it's some kind of installation problem, how can I solve it?

Thank you

Edit: I don't think it matters because it's a graphical problem, but I'm getting the correct UUGF checksum on the main menu.
Edit 2: I'm also running all major DLC except Sunset Invasion.
https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/When_The_World_Stopped_Making_Sense#Recommended_DLCs

The African Portraits module requires the two African Portrait packs. Disable it to see the faces, or acquire the second DLC and keep it enabled.
Thank you for your answer (being more specific wouldn't have hurt). I guess I'm lacking the "East African Portrait Pack" that is actually included in the "The Reaper's Due Content Pack" DLC. I couldn't find that information in the mod release thread or in the download itself. So I think the required DLC for portraits should be included in those places for completeness.
You can read it in the launcher and the installation instructions, it states the requirements.

The African Portraits module requires the two African Portrait packs. Disable it to see the faces, or acquire the second DLC and keep it enabled.

I acquired the second DLC and it worked fine as expected :)

You can read it in the launcher and the installation instructions, it states the requirements.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong files but the installation instructions just say "6. Select the WTWSMS graphical sub-mods for which you own the required graphical DLCs and/or any other optional sub-mod." so no info about what DLC are required and the launcher just says "DLC required" and that can't be even seen on the launcher because of space limitations (I looked into the .mod files to see what the text actually is).

Or maybe I didn't explain myself before. It is perfectly specified that you require some DLC for the portraits, but the issue for me is that nowhere in the forum thread or the download is specified which ones are.

And, just because I think this post can be interpreted as somewhat aggresive, I want to say that I'm absolutely not being aggresive. I love this mod and I think you are doing a great job both in the mod and in the forums :) Keep the good work on!

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong files but the installation instructions just say "6. Select the WTWSMS graphical sub-mods for which you own the required graphical DLCs and/or any other optional sub-mod." so no info about what DLC are required and the launcher just says "DLC required" and that can't be even seen on the launcher because of space limitations (I looked into the .mod files to see what the text actually is).

Or maybe I didn't explain myself before. It is perfectly specified that you require some DLC for the portraits, but the issue for me is that nowhere in the forum thread or the download is specified which ones are.
The launcher text we can do nothing about unfortunately, but I find it better to have a cut-off text than no text at all which could lead to misunderstandings. When it comes to what DLC you need, the point is that the name of the sub-mod itself states that. For instance "WtWSMS Norse Portraits (DLC required)" means that the Norse Portraits DLC itself is required. The one case where I will admit it is a bit vague is the African Portraits due to there being two of them, so I will see if that can be altered accordingly. Regardless, I hope that clarifies what I meant.

And, just because I think this post can be interpreted as somewhat aggresive, I want to say that I'm absolutely not being aggresive. I love this mod and I think you are doing a great job both in the mod and in the forums :) Keep the good work on!
No problems, I didn't interpret you as aggressive, and welcome any feedback, even if we might not always come to the same conclusions. Thank you for the kind words.

Is there a list of all the titular kingdoms/empires that can be formed (e.g. The Helling, Seleucid Empire, Egyptian Empire, etc.)?
Not outside the game files, although @Erik W did do a thread for the special ones he added: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/erik-ws-special-titular-titles.853771/

I thought IR isn’t going past 100AD.
As far as I know that is roughly the date we have been given. If anyone has any later date I will base my analysis on that however.

Not outside the game files, although @Erik W did do a thread for the special ones he added: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/erik-ws-special-titular-titles.853771/
Thanks, I'd also like to know why Eranshahr governments have no way to change to Primogeniture. They're locked out of Late Feudal administration, and only a handful start with it (as opposed to Bureaucratic, in which all realms with the government type start with primogeniture), so I'm wondering if that's intentional or not.

Thanks, I'd also like to know why Eranshahr governments have no way to change to Primogeniture. They're locked out of Late Feudal administration, and only a handful start with it (as opposed to Bureaucratic, in which all realms with the government type start with primogeniture), so I'm wondering if that's intentional or not.
The conditions should be either Late Feudal administration or Eranshahr to switch, since the two are mutually exclusive.

When i convert over to EUIV, my empire is demoted to kingdom rank? I had a run as the ERE, max centralisation and authority but somehow end up as kingdom rank
That must be a bug, unless some other factor I'm unaware of is having an impact. Could you upload the respective saves in the bug report thread so we can have a look at them?

Is gavelkind as default succession law for the vassals of the WRE and ERE intentional? As far as I can see the only exception is seniority succession of the Pretorian Prefect of Italia.

Also, is there going to be an (Armenian) Apostolic church like in CK2+? Perhaps with some mechanics to represent the Councils of Dvin later on. Having separate Insular and Georgian churches but no distinctive Armenian church is bizarre, in my opinion.

I tried to look for these questions in the forum without finding anything, my apologies if I missed something.

Is gavelkind as default succession law for the vassals of the WRE and ERE intentional? As far as I can see the only exception is seniority succession of the Pretorian Prefect of Italia.
Since they do at the moment have the vanilla feudal government, you could consider it intentional.

Also, is there going to be an (Armenian) Apostolic church like in CK2+? Perhaps with some mechanics to represent the Councils of Dvin later on. Having separate Insular and Georgian churches but no distinctive Armenian church is bizarre, in my opinion.
I don't know how CK2+ represents the Armenian Apostolic Church since their timeframe is a lot later, but the Miaphysite religion is present in WtWSMS naturally. The difference being that the Georgian Church is something which fires around the start date, while the Insular particularities are not represented by any other branch of Christianity.

I tried to look for these questions in the forum without finding anything, my apologies if I missed something.
The forum search is broken everywhere for a 2015-2018 period, so no need to apologise. ;)

Since they do at the moment have the vanilla feudal government, you could consider it intentional.
Are there plans to change them from the vanilla feudal (since you say "at the moment")? In my opinion gavelkind is too Germanic/tribal like,
I don't know how CK2+ represents the Armenian Apostolic Church since their timeframe is a lot later, but the Miaphysite religion is present in WtWSMS naturally. The difference being that the Georgian Church is something which fires around the start date, while the Insular particularities are not represented by any other branch of Christianity.
The thing is that, to the best of my knowledge, Oriental Orthodoxy doesn't recognise even a "primus inter pares" between its autocephalous patriarchs, they're separate churches in communion with each other, having the Armenians with the Copic Pope as religious head is not really accurate, he's not the same as the Pope or the Patriarch of Constantinople, in my opinion. In CK2+ (and EMF, I think) Miaphysites got split into Coptic and Apostolic, they're essentially identical, but with different holy orders and monastic societies for flavour (in CK2+ each Christian religion can also enforce/repudiate Calchedon and Ephesus if they control the right holy places and reunite Christianity, I'm not sure about EMF).
The forum search is broken everywhere for a 2015-2018 period, so no need to apologise. ;)
I didn't know that, it's quite inconvenient, especially for these hidden sections that can't be indexed by the search engines. Thanks for the info and for your reply to my questions.

Last edited:
Are there plans to change them from the vanilla feudal (since you say "at the moment")? In my opinion gavelkind is too Germanic/tribal like,
Yes, we have plans, but I can't go too much into detail on them at the moment, unfortunately.

The thing is that, to the best of my knowledge, Oriental Orthodoxy doesn't recognise even a "primus inter pares" between its autocephalous patriarchs, they're separate churches in communion with each other, having the Armenians with the Copic Pope as religious head is not really accurate, he's not the same as the Pope or the Patriarch of Constantinople, in my opinion. In CK2+ (and EMF, I think) Miaphysites got split into Coptic and Apostolic, they're essentially identical, but with different holy orders and monastic societies for flavour (in CK2+ each Christian religion can also enforce/repudiate Calchedon and Ephesus if they control the right holy places and reunite Christianity, I'm not sure about EMF).
The difference between our setup and theirs is however that we are at a time where the conflicts around the Miaphysite leaders and doctrines is very much alive. If we were to divide the religion in two from the start, what would we do with other characters and regions that don't correspond to Coptic or Armenian traditions? The emperor Anastasius for instance doesn't correspond to either of those. In my view it is only later on in the timeframe that a such distinction becomes relevant.

I didn't know that, it's quite inconvenient, especially for these hidden sections that can't be indexed by the search engines. Thanks for the info and for your reply to my questions.
They are looking into it, hopefully it will be resolved soon.