• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As of the current edition, what church council events are in? I noticed some for the ERE and the Monophysites in my latest play through, but is there anything beyond that?

As of the current edition, what church council events are in? I noticed some for the ERE and the Monophysites in my latest play through, but is there anything beyond that?
You have the Three Chapters Controversy with the Second Council of Constantinople and the Aquileian Schism associated to it. Then there is content around the Georgian Church, as well as the Henotikon (but this is not a council).

The difference between our setup and theirs is however that we are at a time where the conflicts around the Miaphysite leaders and doctrines is very much alive. If we were to divide the religion in two from the start, what would we do with other characters and regions that don't correspond to Coptic or Armenian traditions? The emperor Anastasius for instance doesn't correspond to either of those. In my view it is only later on in the timeframe that a such distinction becomes relevant.
I would either split the Armenian church as successor of what was a national church of the former kingdom of Armenia (and leave the Coptic and Syriac under the Miaphysite label) or I would remove the religious head altogether, it would radically solve the issue of the Oriental Orthodoxy not having a formal head of religion, but on the other hand the fall of moral authority might have consequences on the game (like the Miaphysites disappearing quite soon from the map, I'm not sure about their current resilience in absence of player's intervention, though).

Thanks for the infos about the unique governement form and the forum.

EDIT:
Another question, isn't the heresy treatment a bit too much for religions like Mithraism and the cult of Cybele considering the syncretic and generally tolerant nature of late antique Greco-Roman polytheism? I guess it's probably too late, but has it been considered to implement at least some of the Mysteric cults as societies?

Last edited:
I would either split the Armenian church as successor of what was a national church of the former kingdom of Armenia (and leave the Coptic and Syriac under the Miaphysite label) or I would remove the religious head altogether, it would radically solve the issue of the Oriental Orthodoxy not having a formal head of religion, but on the other hand the fall of moral authority might have consequences on the game (like the Miaphysites disappearing quite soon from the map, I'm not sure about their current resilience in absence of player's intervention, though).

Thanks for the infos about the unique governement form and the forum.

EDIT:
Another question, isn't the heresy treatment a bit too much for religions like Mithraism and the cult of Cybele considering the syncretic and generally tolerant nature of late antique Greco-Roman polytheism? I guess it's probably too late, but has it been considered to implement at least some of the Mysteric cults as societies?

I dimly recall there being plans to shift some of them into being societies, but the devs might have changed course since then.

As for the current resilience of Miaphysitism in the mod, it's pretty bad. Aside from games where I'm personally playing as a Miaphysite ruler, it will usually be completely eradicated from Egypt (Armenia usually gets swallowed up by Zoroastrianism, and Axum is a grab bag of either blobbing hard once holy wars drop or dying to province revolts) by the 6th or 7th century, see its moral authority drop into single digits (due to a combination of losing holy sites and the 'Fall of Rome' modifier, which it only occasionally avoids), and be overtaken by Monophysitism (unless Monophysitism is itself extinguished in the Second Council of Constantinople).

Last edited:
Nah he's born like most historical European feudal/imperial characters. If you start before he's born then he won't be in the game. Only Turkic and Germanic historical figures get spawned or can show up if you start before their births (and I think the Germanic ones might just be for CK2+), plus Mohammed if you have ROI turned on and it works correctly.

Does justinian spawn in game? Thinking about playing as julius nepos and want him in my court.
Nah he's born like most historical European feudal/imperial characters. If you start before he's born then he won't be in the game. Only Turkic and Germanic historical figures get spawned or can show up if you start before their births (and I think the Germanic ones might just be for CK2+), plus Mohammed if you have ROI turned on and it works correctly.
Justinian can actually spawn and be adopted by the Eastern Roman Emperor IIRC.

I don't know how CK2+ represents the Armenian Apostolic Church since their timeframe is a lot later, but the Miaphysite religion is present in WtWSMS naturally. The difference being that the Georgian Church is something which fires around the start date, while the Insular particularities are not represented by any other branch of Christianity.

Wait, which council caused the Kartvelians to split from Nicene?

Also what are some cultures that provide free raiding and concubines other than norse? I see they retained their buffs outside of vanilla, it would be a shame if they were the only ones.

If all other cultures are devoid of features, as an alternative is there a religion that offers both?

Also what are some cultures that provide free raiding and concubines other than norse? I see they retained their buffs outside of vanilla, it would be a shame if they were the only ones.

If all other cultures are devoid of features, as an alternative is there a religion that offers both?

Most germanic and altaic cultures can raid. I believe than the berber ones too. Christianity dont allow concubines, but most of the religions do. So a good culture/religion combo will do for you.

Most germanic and altaic cultures can raid. I believe than the berber ones too. Christianity dont allow concubines, but most of the religions do. So a good culture/religion combo will do for you.
Am I recalling incorrectly or was Nahua able to raid before in vanilla? I dont see that as an option now

Also was the organizer trait nerfed? I cant seem to be able to beat others to a location where before if I made my army move only a day behind the other I would always get there before the enemy would

Am I recalling incorrectly or was Nahua able to raid before in vanilla? I dont see that as an option now

Also was the organizer trait nerfed? I cant seem to be able to beat others to a location where before if I made my army move only a day behind the other I would always get there before the enemy would

The Nahua can raid.

About the trait idk.

How did you guys set up your unit graphics? I noticed Normans/Italians/etc. differ from the defaults (Italian heavy infantry are substantially different), but I can't anything in the files that sets this up (I'm trying to make a split unit culture for Old Frankish and the post-melting pot French/Frankish for one of several features in a sub-mod).

Also, why is the Vlach/Romanian culture in the South Slavic group, shouldn't they be in Latin with the other Romance melting pots?

Edit: Tacking another question on because it's rude to multi-post. Is there a list of all the holy orders unique to the mod?

Last edited:
I dimly recall there being plans to shift some of them into being societies, but the devs might have changed course since then.
Yes, it is technically planned but on hold due to a lack of developers and absences.

As for the current resilience of Miaphysitism in the mod, it's pretty bad. Aside from games where I'm personally playing as a Miaphysite ruler, it will usually be completely eradicated from Egypt (Armenia usually gets swallowed up by Zoroastrianism, and Axum is a grab bag of either blobbing hard once holy wars drop or dying to province revolts) by the 6th or 7th century, see its moral authority drop into single digits (due to a combination of losing holy sites and the 'Fall of Rome' modifier, which it only occasionally avoids), and be overtaken by Monophysitism (unless Monophysitism is itself extinguished in the Second Council of Constantinople).
We will have to look into strengthening their resilience and test what modifiers are available. Splitting up could accentuate the current issues though, and with the exception of the Armenian Church where it could be discussed I believe the Coptic and Syriac faiths should indeed stay together.

Wait, which council caused the Kartvelians to split from Nicene?
The way it is setup gives an alternate choice of joining with the Miaphysite instead, meaning there is no historical council precedent.

How did you guys set up your unit graphics? I noticed Normans/Italians/etc. differ from the defaults (Italian heavy infantry are substantially different), but I can't anything in the files that sets this up (I'm trying to make a split unit culture for Old Frankish and the post-melting pot French/Frankish for one of several features in a sub-mod).
No particular consideration has been made to my knowledge, so cultures will either be copy-paste or default vanilla original ones. I personally have never looked at unit graphics in the mod, and we certainly don't add any new ones.

Also, why is the Vlach/Romanian culture in the South Slavic group, shouldn't they be in Latin with the other Romance melting pots?
That is an oversight from a previos setup, will change for the next version.

Edit: Tacking another question on because it's rude to multi-post. Is there a list of all the holy orders unique to the mod?
There is no list which has been made, but you can find them in WTWSMS\common\landed_titles\WtWSMS_holy_orders.txt.

oh wow! youre right. these are two separate mods thanks for pointing that out. I'll have to give this one a go as well
Any other mod is likely to be incompatible with WtWSMS. If AtE is After the End then the incompatibility is guaranteed. So you will have to use them separately. Any issues related to AtE should naturally be posted in their thread.

Last edited: