The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Holy Phoenix - An Empire of Jerusalem Megacampaign in New World Order

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I swear, I need to include a lightsaber battle somewhere in this megacampaign.
Hell, it can be over a slice of pizza
I think they're going to be more than wrecked...:eek:
You were the chosen one! You were supposed to defeat the equalists, not join them! Bring balance to the world, not leave it in revolution!
I HATE YOU!
You were supposed to repeat Hail Hydra or some variation of that to keep the meme going.o_O
Oh er,
Hail more quality desks! Cut off one, and THREE shall take their place!
Yeah, but plot
fine

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaa
It's called a table. And there's always the floor.:p
What is a table, but a desk with legs!
What is a floor, but a flat desk!

And so Luke Skywalker.

braces for flame war
damn man, that's a bold statement.
The attempt on my revolution has left me tied up and deprived of desks, but I assure you, my proletarian resolve has never been stronger!
We shall reform the Galactic Empire INTO THE FIRST! GALACTIC! REPUBLIC!
FOR AN EQUAL AND FAIR SOCIETY!
Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to exit the window.

throws Samuel L Jackson out window
Yeet!
“It was a surprise when you showed up, but it was a welcome one
when you see a prequel meme in ParadoxPlaza
hKbO1lrbMldfYpUHNl7Td1ND7OJblgpuPCUc1TrVQKU.jpg

Am I the only one having Déjà vu? :p
Deja Vu starts playing in the distance
Anyone else being reminded of Red Alert 2?
Yuri's got nothing on Valentin.:p
Sounds like Plan 1 is one of those brain-washing tapes. :p
Thus, the plot thickens...
Muahahahahaha....
Ah, Olga... She's a smart, capable agent. She should have known better than to listen to that tape.
Did you really think I was going to let Anne deliver Valentin to the Reich without incident?:D
Hell, it can be over a slice of pizza
Or...a desk.;)
I HATE YOU!
gets set on fire
Oh er,
Hail more quality desks! Cut off one, and THREE shall take their place!
You just earned yourself a one way trip through the monolith.
I'll do it myself.:p
What is a table, but a desk with legs!
What is a floor, but a flat desk!
What is a desk but a decorated table designed to promote a capitalist agenda?;)
damn man, that's a bold statement.
You should have said "you are a bold one!"

You fool, I have been trained in your meme arts by r/prequelmemes itself!

draws four lightsabers
We shall reform the Galactic Empire INTO THE FIRST! GALACTIC! REPUBLIC!
FOR AN EQUAL AND FAIR SOCIETY!
So this is how monarchy dies. With thunderous applause.
Are you threatening me, master Jedi?
when you see a prequel meme in ParadoxPlaza
Good...good. Let the memes flow through you.
Wait... what, what is Plan 1? Is it a god dman brainwashing tape!
Maybe.;)
It's probably a tape made by her father, otherwise, she wouldn't apologise
The original Walkman cassette player was released in 1979. This tape was designed for a Walkman. Boris died in 1972.o_O

The End of History, Part 52

Outside Kiev – December 24, 1985

Anne dodged the attack, the blade whistling through the air just where her neck was seconds ago. She backed away from Olga, half in shock.

“Olga?” she said. “What’s happening?”

“I’m sorry, Anne,” Olga said.

"Scheiße," Anne cursed, “Not this again…”

She’d seen this before, back in 1972. Boris had acted like Olga did when he killed Tatiana. It was almost like he was in a trance, as if he were a sleeper agent. Olga had that same look clouding her eyes, the same look her father had in Prague. And she kept repeating those words like a broken record. On cue, she noticed a Walkman lying on the ground, a tape still loaded. It was the tape, of course. That was Plan 1. It was like the tape in Prague, the one with the gibberish and nonsensical words. They couldn’t break the code because there was no code. They seemed to be a trigger for Boris and Olga. They were sleeper agents whose programming was activated by the tapes. But she had to kill Boris in the end, because she didn’t know how to break the programming. Did she have to kill Olga too?

“Olga, this isn’t you,” she said, “It’s Valentin controlling you.”

“I’m sorry, Anne,” Olga absently repeated, lunging for her again.

Anne sidestepped the lunge and easily wrenched the knife from her hands. She tossed it deep into the corn fields and faced Olga again.

“I’m not going to harm you, Olga,” Anne said, putting her hands over her head, “I let your mother die. I’m not going to let you die too.”

“I’m sorry, Anne,” Olga repeated.

“Can you at least say something other than that?” Anne said.

She punched Anne squarely in the jaw, and Anne did nothing to block or avoid it. Pain flared in her head. She felt her bones rippling and heard them crack under the force of the blow. But she kept facing Olga, staring down the younger woman even as she wiped blood from her mouth.

“You can kill me,” Anne said, “But I’m not going to repeat Prague.”

Olga punched her again, and she fell to the ground, her head bouncing against the brown dirt. Olga descended on her like a vulture, relentlessly punching and kicking Anne everywhere. She let out a primal scream as her blows landed, as if her instincts had taken over. Anne could feel her body go numb as the pain grew too intense. Or maybe that was her mind trying to deal with the pain of knowing the girl she swore to protect was now trying to kill her. Was this what Tatiana would’ve wanted?

“I’m sorry, Tatiana,” Anne said, “I’m not the Valkyrie. I failed you.”

Olga immediately froze in place, her fists stopping inches from Anne’s bloodied face. They stared at each other for several seconds. Anne couldn’t identify the look on Olga’s face. It wasn’t the blank stare that Boris had. But it wasn’t normal either. She looked conflicted, as if she were somewhere between both. Her eyes were focused and relaxed. They were full of hatred, but they were also remorseful. They were the eyes of a cold assassin, but they were also those of a girl who started to remember.

“…Anne?” Olga asked.

Before Anne could respond, Vladimir slammed something against Olga's head. She immediately collapsed and lay still.

“The one good thing about these equalist cars is that they’re pretty sturdy,” Vladimir said, waving around the car’s steering wheel, “At least the individual parts, that is. Not sure about the whole thing, though. I hope we have some extra duct tape.”

“What was that for?!” Anne demanded. “I was about to get through to her!”

“Don’t worry, she’s not dead,” Vladimir said, “If I wanted her dead I’d have stabbed her with my pen a minute ago. There’s a setting to inject a fatal dose of polonium. Everybody in espionage track’s taught about the polonium setting first. Then again, I think I misplaced it…oh wait, I gave it to her.”

“You’re a horrible action hero,” Anne said.

“Hey, as long as I stick to the tropes I should be fine,” Vladimir said.

Anne got up and limped back to the car. “If you’ll excuse me, I need to lie down for a bit.”

“Who’ll drive?” Vladimir asked.

“You, of course,” Anne said.

“Who’s going to help me reattach the steering wheel?”

“You. And you better find some duct tape for that.”

“And drag Olga inside?”

“You. If she dies, I will make sure you never set foot in the Reich.”

“And shut up the General Secretary?”

“Especially you. Do with him as you want, but he's more useful to us alive.”

Anne got inside and slammed the door, though it was hardly soundproof and did nothing to drown out Vladimir’s words.

“I didn’t sign up for this,” he muttered, dragging Olga to the backseat, “This wasn’t part of my job description. This isn’t what they told me when I signed. Join the KGB, they said. Serve your country and protect the revolution, they said. They said nothing about abducting the General Secretary and fighting a brainwashed assassin with the Valkyrie! I’m espionage track! I deserve better than this!”

Five hours later

A car rolled into view, kicking up a plume of dust behind it as it approached the checkpoint and the Roman military camp behind it. The sentry shouted excitedly to his fellow soldiers, who quickly drew their weapons and aimed at the car. The car pulled over by the side of the road, and a young man in a KGB uniform got out of the driver’s seat, his hands raised over his head.

“My name’s Vladimir Putin,” he said, in broken German, “I’m a KGB agent. And I want to defect to the Reich.”

“Stay where you are!” ordered the sentry. “Or we’ll shoot!”

Anne got out of the car and approached the soldiers. “It’s okay, everybody,” she said, “Yes, it’s me here. You can trust me, unless something’s happened back home. I can vouch for him, as well as everybody with us.”

“Who’s with you?” asked the sentry.

Anne and Vladimir pulled an unconscious Olga out of the backseat. “She needs immediate medical attention,” Anne said.

The sentry nodded to a soldier, who turned back to the camp. “Medic!” he shouted.

Two medics quickly emerged from the camp and approached the car, laying Olga on a stretcher and carrying her across the line.

“Keep me updated on her condition as often as possible,” Anne said, “I do not want her to die. And you will not lay a hand on her, or I will personally end your career. That is, if she doesn’t kill you first.”

“Understood,” said the sentry, “And the others?”

Anne walked to the back and popped open the trunk, hauling out a tied-up Valentin. By now, the Soviet leader was barely recognizable. His uniform was dusty and creased, his hair was wild, and his eyes were bloodshot. He had been gagged in the last five hours, but that didn’t stop him from glaring angrily at everybody. He had run out of things to curse with long ago, or maybe his throat was just too hoarse. All he could do was grunt angrily.

“Yes, that’s the General Secretary himself, at my mercy,” Anne said, “He’s all yours. A neatly wrapped Christmas present for the Kaiser.”

As Valentin let out another string of muted expletives, Anne shoved him to the soldiers, who quickly leveled their guns at him and hauled him away, probably for some intense questioning. She smiled to herself. The last couple days had gone much better than she expected. Other than the incident with Olga, she had not only escaped Kiev but also captured Valentin. This would surely bring the Soviets to the table soon. But the most important thing was that she had found Olga again. She felt as if a weight had been lifted from her heart. Tatiana would rest easy knowing her daughter was in good hands after far too long.

Tesla Dynamic Building, Frankfurt – February 3, 1986

It looked like Alwine was right, Diana conceded. Her mother was okay and more than in control of the situation. Not only had she escaped captivity, but she had also captured the General Secretary and the girl responsible for the mess in Vienna. Constantinople was still handling the logistical side of the “operation,” as they had told the public, so it would be a while before Diana could see her mother again. But her spirits felt lifted, both by the knowledge that she was alive and okay and the realization she could get her revenge for Vienna soon. While the debriefing process continued, she kept working on Strategic Defense Initiative. The components for the final satellite were finished in late January, and the software accompanying it was completed and compiled soon afterwards. All she had to do now was watch its launch from New Cordoba.

The Monument to the Ego of Mina Schaefer, also known as the lobby, was packed with almost every employee in the Tesla Dynamic building, all crowded around a large projector screen broadcasting the space shuttle launch live at Bismarck Space Center. They’d chosen the Herausforderer as the shuttle to take the final satellite up, but the public was more concerned about the crew than the (mostly classified) cargo. Among the astronauts was the first civilian, a Caledonian teacher. Diana forgot her name, but she knew millions of schoolchildren across the Reich wouldn’t. The plan was for her to record lessons in space, teaching kids about science from the world’s highest and fastest science lab. It would be an inspiring moment for the Reich.

“Ten…nine…eight…seven…six…” Mission Control said.

Herausforderer’s rockets ignited with a roar, yellow and orange flames shooting downwards and kicking up columns of smoke behind the launchpad.

“Five…four…three…two…one…liftoff.”

On cue, the shuttle lumbered skywards, at first ascending as quickly as an elevator but soon picking up speed. The camera angled up, trying to keep track of the spacecraft as it began its slow journey up to the heavens, smoke and flames billowing out from behind it. Herausforderer began rolling a hundred and eighty degrees, changing its trajectory so it wasn’t going straight up.

At that moment, the doors swung open, and in barged an old man in a World War I uniform. The man fired a pistol into the air, causing everybody to scatter and take cover behind furniture. He said nothing as he approached Diana, his gun pointed at her. As he drew closer, limping along with every step, Diana noticed the faded name on his tattered uniform: Werner. The surname had long since been worn off by the elements. Didn’t her mother work with a limping World War I veteran named Werner in the Resistance? Was this him?

Werner took out a small device with a red button on it. “I’m sorry,” he said.

Diana lunged for him, trying to tackle the detonator out of his hand before he blew up everybody in the lobby. However, as she slammed into Werner’s chest, she heard a loud click and beep as his thumb closed on the button. She shut her eyes and waited, but nothing happened. At least, nothing happened at first.

At that moment, she heard an explosion, but it was distant, like it wasn’t going off in the room. It didn’t even feel like it was outside, or else she would’ve felt a shock wave. Then the Tesla Dynamic employees gasped in shock, pointing to the projector screen. Diana slowly turned around, not wanting to be right. But she was.

1024px-Challenger_explosion.jpg

Herausforderer had exploded. Seconds ago, there was a white and black spaceship hurtling up towards the stars, carrying with it a small crew of explorers and scientists. Now, there was nothing more than a fireball and a lone booster rocket, careening out of control from the main burst of smoke. The shuttle was gone. The satellite was gone. The crew was gone.

Diana turned back to Werner. The old man shrugged with a blank stare on his face.

“I’m sorry,” he said.

Pushing her away, he pressed the gun to his chin and shot himself in the head.

The original Walkman cassette player was released in 1979. This tape was designed for a Walkman. Boris died in 1972.o_O
I'm too young for this...

A man-made Challenger explosion? That's something I didn't expect.

Nice one, Vladimir! Putting that steering wheel to good use. Oh, I know we've got settle things with Vladimir, Anne and Olga, but I can't wait for Otto to get to talk with Valentin.

As for the explosion... more brainwashing? Or blackmail? Traitor with a guilty conscience?

A man-made Challenger explosion? That's something I didn't expect.
xaxaxa I trick you intensifies:p
Apparently those brain-washing tapes are quite popular these days.
If only Hydra had them instead of a red book.:D
There's always Stellaris behind-the-gameplay
That's the most logical place to put it. It already has space wizards anyways, so lightsabers aren't that much of a stretch. The question is, who will be dueling?;)
Nice one, Vladimir! Putting that steering wheel to good use. Oh, I know we've got settle things with Vladimir, Anne and Olga, but I can't wait for Otto to get to talk with Valentin.

As for the explosion... more brainwashing? Or blackmail? Traitor with a guilty conscience?
Comrade Putin shows that glorious Soviet engineering is superior to degenerate capitalist machinery ignoring the random explosions and everything else!:D

Notice how Boris, Olga, and Werner all said the same thing. You can draw conclusions from there.;)

By the way, an update on the NWO mod. I reached 2100 a couple hours ago and am now uploading the screenshots to the cloud. Looks like my concerns with the broken politics tab weren't needed in the end. We won't have to worry about cutting this short. There'll be a clean transition between NWO and Stellaris. I suppose I just have to organize the screenshots and get to work on the Stellaris mod, though at the current rate (mostly because of planned story arcs) I won't be done with NWO for a while, so I should probably wait a few patches before starting work. But we don't need to worry about that for a while.:) And I should also probably hold off on planning the lore for Return of the Celestial Empire 2 until I actually get to Stellaris.:p

I'm doing final edits for the next update, which should drop either tomorrow or in the next few days.

Darth Valentin and Otto Wan von Hohenzollern?
Valentin is hardly the Senate.:p I think in the HOI3 section I brought up the idea of having a Hohenzollern Jedi fight an Anniona Sith Lord. Maybe I can work that in somehow...;)

Valentin is hardly the Senate.
No he isn't.
I am.
Did you really think I was going to let Anne deliver Valentin to the Reich without incident?:D
A guy can dream!:(
Or...a desk.;)
Top 10 anime quests.
You just earned yourself a one way trip through the monolith.
Can i get a refund?
gets set on fire
Ahhhhh!
What is a desk but a decorated table designed to promote a capitalist agenda?;)
I don't desks. They're rough, and they break, and they promote a capitalist agenda.

You fool, I have been trained in your meme arts by r/prequelmemes itself!

draws four lightsabers
Yeah well, I created the swole memes that took over r/prequelmemes.
So this is how monarchy dies. With thunderous applause.
We shall have.... peace.
Are you threatening me, master Jedi?
Yes.
The Senate will decide your fate.

Good...good. Let the memes flow through you.
'H-his meme levels are going through the roof!"
giphy.gif

FffffUUUUUUUUUUUU

No he isn't.
I am.
Not. Yet.
A guy can dream!:(
Shh, no tears, only dreams.
Top 10 anime quests.
Top 10 anime betrayals.
Can i get a refund?
I don't think Hydra offers refunds.
You're supposed to go AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH or something. "Ahhhhh!" just makes it sound like you stepped on a Lego brick.:p
I don't desks. They're rough, and they break, and they promote a capitalist agenda.
This is where the fun begins.
Yeah well, I created the swole memes that took over r/prequelmemes.
Don't you mean r/sequelmemes? Traitor!
We shall have.... peace.
And we shall have...chain breaking.
Yes.
The Senate will decide your fate.
I AM the Senate!
'H-his meme levels are going through the roof!"
index.php
breaks scouter
FffffUUUUUUUUUUUU
teleports behind you

Nothing personnel, kid.

Chapter 441: The World Set on Fire, Part 7 – Invading Russia in the Winter (Again)

By the end of 1985, it was clear the equalists had lost any advantage they may have had a year ago. A day after half of the Soviet fleet was destroyed in the Gulf of Odessa by a Roman fleet under the command of Miklos Horthy II, in what would be called the “Great Odessa Fox Hunt” for the lack of resistance the enemy put up, Kiev and Leningrad fell to Roman and Chinese troops within hours of each other, decapitating the Soviet leadership. Things were made even worse by the revelation that the General Secretary himself was captured in the battle for Kiev, by none other than the Valkyrie herself. With their leader captured and their most important cities occupied, the Soviets had no leadership or industrial base to continue the war, but the new General Secretary of the Equalist Party, Dmitry Yazov, ordered the Soviet Army to continue fighting. At the city of Aegyssus in the Corridor, a Roman-Indian force suffered roughly 54 thousand casualties driving back the Soviet Army and closing the Corridor for good. The enemy suffered only 38 thousand dead, wounded, and missing.

20170613170005_1.jpg

20170613170040_1.jpg
20170613170024_1.jpg

20170613170127_1.jpg

When the Reichsrat convened on January 1, 1986, with the SPR and other left-leaning parties achieving a supermajority of seats, Kaiser Otto gave his usual New Year’s address to both the assembled senators and to the people of the Reich. He stated that the war was almost over. Hundreds of thousands of Romans may have given their lives for the country since the first battles in 1984, but their sacrifices would not be in vain. The Reich was poised to achieve the lifelong dream of great men and women like Adenauer and the Valkyrie: the reunification of the empire after almost fifty years of division. He warned that their task would not be much easier, even with the General Secretary as leverage, but the people of the Reich had to give everything their all and do all they can to keep up the war effort. Only then could true victory be achieved.

Meanwhile, Princess Elisabeth Alexandra made a surprise journey to Berlin, ignoring her advisers, who feared RAF terrorists or Soviet remnants could kill her. Standing underneath Brandenburg Gate, where her father had spoken before the war broke out, back when all this was just beginning, she gave her first speech in her own right. Talking well over three hours in the freezing winter temperatures, she emphasized that this was not only a war between two nations and two ideologies but also a war between freedom and oppression. If the Reich won the war, the millions suffering under equalism could be liberated. If the Reich lost, the rest of the world would join them under the yoke of tyranny and evil. While Kiev and Leningrad had fallen to the forces of the free world, they still had a long way to go before the equalist movement was thoroughly crushed and would never rise again.

20170613170208_1.jpg

The equalists, though, had other ideas. The governments of both the Soviet Commune and the so-called Polish People’s Republic (or was it the People’s Republic of Poland? It had changed its name too many times to remember) completely fell apart the next day. Despite Yazov’s best efforts to keep everybody in line, he was forced to retreat to the Baltic states as revolution consumed the Russian heartland. Yavdi was already in full rebellion, with hundreds of Mongol militia factions having seized control of major cities like Kursk, proclaimed the capital of the interim Ural Federation, and Yekaterinburg. The Finnish north was also overrun by Finnish-supported rebel groups and smugglers helping Russian civilians flee to Scandinavia. Yazov barely maintained his grip on the Baltics through sheer force, but even that grip was quickly falling apart. The Soviet Army had begun disintegrating into clashing warlord factions. Dozens of generals declared themselves the rightful General Secretary, forcing Yazov to divert more troops to put down their mutiny. But even he knew this was a lost cause, so he withdrew with his few remaining troops to Riga and Parnu, where he assembled what was left of the Soviet Navy to fight through the Baltic Sea blockade and escape to the Eimerican Commune.

20170613170224_1.jpg

20170613170241_1.jpg

20170613170315_1.jpg

Back in the Reich, World War II hero Lorenz de Normandie passed away on January 25. The man who led the invasion of Gibraltar and the liberation of Hispania was remembered by millions as a national icon along the likes of Hugo Doukas. He had been inspecting troops on the battlefield in Poland when he suffered a fatal heart attack. Despite being retired and of advanced age, he had still found it necessary to step back on the battlefield and rally the troops. To thank his service, the Kaiser ordered a month of national mourning for the hero, though he called for the Heer to keep fighting on his behalf.

20170613170408_1.jpg

Fortunately, the people’s spirits were lifted soon by the launch of the space shuttle Herausforderer from Otto von Bismarck Space Center in Aden, Arabia. The tenth mission for the space shuttle, RTS-51-L was scheduled to deploy the second in a series of Tracking and Data Relay Satellites (and, covertly, the final satellite for the Strategic Defense Initiative network), observe the nearby Halley’s Comet, and carry out several lessons from space as part of the Teacher in Space Project, led by civilian teacher Christine McAuliffe of Caledonia.

Following several days of lengthy delays, Herausforderer lifted off at 4:38 PM Neurhomania time on February 3, 1986. About a minute into the flight, cameras noted a small device attached to the main fuel tank. Shortly afterwards, the shuttle exploded, killing all onboard.

That evening, Helmut Kohl had been scheduled to give his annual address to the Diet, but he instead cancelled it. Otto gave the address instead a week later, talking to the people on the disaster from his office in Blachernae. Almost breaking down halfway through, his speech would be remembered as one of the most significant speeches of the century. It finished with the following statement:

We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for their journey and waved goodbye and ‘slipped the surly bonds of Earth’ to ‘touch the face of God’.

Three days later, Otto and Victoria Louise would travel to Adenauer Space Center in Nuremburg to speak at a memorial service honoring the crew members, where he stated:

Sometimes, when we reach for the stars, we fall short. But we must pick ourselves up again and press on despite the pain.

Six thousand RANA employees and four thousand guests, along with the families of crew, attended the service, which was accompanied by a fly-by of RANA jets flying over in missing-man formation.

The Red Army Faction claimed responsibility for the space shuttle’s destruction. A suspect stormed a lobby in the Tesla Dynamic building in Frankfurt, where he confessed to placing a bomb on the shuttle and then detonated it as everybody watched; he afterwards committed suicide. News that the space shuttle was sabotaged by the RAF, and seven innocent lives had been killed in their terror, absolutely enraged the Reich. Within a week, anti-equalist riots had caused thousands of marks in damage and killed dozens, and news of reprisals against Russian civilians by Roman troops shocked even the most fervently anti-equalist Roman civilians.

20170613170500_1.jpg

The destruction of Herausforderer only further strengthened the Reich’s resolve to win the war. Not bothering to eliminate the remaining resistance in the Russian heartland, as the Chinese and rebel groups would take care of them, the General Staff ordered its legions to converge on Latvia and Lithuania, specifically on Parnu, which had briefly fallen to Indian troops that February but was not fully pacified yet. Other legions wrapped up battles elsewhere, like at Odessa in Taurica, and began marching towards the Baltics.

20170613170542_1.jpg

20170613170552_1.jpg

In North Eimerica, the UPM and Mayapan remained the only two meritocracies still actively fighting the equalists on the mainland. Fusang and Kanata had capitulated, and the UPM and Mayapan were the only things between the equalists and Tawantinsuyu and Neurhomania (except Mexico, but they were neutral). In a daring move, General Atoc Sopa Atoc, a decorated Mitteleimerican war hero from the Fusang intervention, launched an amphibious assault on the CSSA port of Mobile, taking the city in a few days with minimal resistance. In response, the CSSA and Eimerican Commune launched a ground assault on the UPM through neutral Mexico, which had granted both sides permission to march troops through its territory. While the UPM easily held off the waves of equalists rampaging across its northern border, the CSSA found it had no way to counter the Mitteleimerican assault on its core territory. Mayapan, though, wasn’t doing much better. Although it had successfully retaken Cuba, the Mayan Army still waged a bloody war of attrition across Mayapan Island. Union Marines, based in occupied New Peten, launched an attack on the remaining Mayan troops on the island, hoping to reunite the island under the UTR’s rule and prepare to crush the rest of Mayapan.

20170613170631_1.jpg

20170613170639_1.jpg

20170613170649_1.jpg

Back in Europe, Yazov ordered one last assault on Vienna, hoping to divert enough troops from the Baltic front to buy his fleet more time to load up his troops. However, his escape route was rapidly closing. Two days after the attack on Vienna began, Roman and Persian forces retook Hamburg from the occupying Soviet Army, suffering nineteen thousand dead but weakening the Soviet Navy’s control over the Baltic Sea and strengthening the Central Powers blockade; a similar battle at Izmail eleven days later saw the Soviets lose their grip on their Black Sea ports. On February 25, Chinese and Ainu troops launched an assault on Greenland, airdropping paratroopers from Chinese Siberia onto the island. With Greenland in Chinese hands, the Imperial Chinese Navy could ensure no Soviet ships got through to North Eimerica.

20170613170712_1.jpg

20170613170736_1.jpg

20170613170819_1.jpg

20170613170901_1.jpg

By now, everybody knew that the Soviets’ fate was sealed. The noose slowly tightened around Yazov’s neck. The question was not of when, but how: would Yazov go out peacefully, or would he take everybody down in a burst of glory?

The Herausforderer matter will have to be addressed eventually, but it is admittedly less important than finishing the war. Speaking of, Yazov... here's hoping he'd prefer losing to nuclear annihilation.