EU4 Dev Clash #10 - Rule Britannia - Tuesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I assume Bratyn and Da9L are too busy with HoI to play? Shame neither Chris or Jake is playing the Highlands/Scotland.

I think we might be underestimating some of the small starts. Holland and Milan shouldn't be threats to anyone, and can eat into the HRE. Both have very good starting areas as well. Obviously the majors should be favourites but I wouldn't be surprised to see a Venice, Holland, or Milan do very well.

A slight bump in the road is the Ottomans don't start with claims or missions on Byzantium. I need to fabricate claims the good ol' way to declare on them. The permanent claims from missions are awesome but some missions are locked behind more risky adventures (i.e Venetian/Genoan/Cyprus provinces) so I might resort to just fabricating most of the time.
How did this Blurple buff get past @DDRJake ? I am disappointed!

How did this Blurple buff get past @DDRJake ? I am disappointed!
It's probably because he started to hate Hungary more than Byzantium recently. That gives more reasons for the Ottomans to expand towards Hungary early.

I assume Bratyn and Da9L are too busy with HoI to play?

I think Daniel said he was on stellaris at the moment in the one of the recent hoi streams.

I wish the player slayer was in personally.

It'll be interesting to see what diplomacy happens for the first session or two.

Last edited:
I approve of this message :cool:
Wouldn't it be slightly annoying to have 1 player who's sole goal is to kill you? They may have been able to get Mamluks, Poland, Hungary, Venice, and Lithuania on their side. Who's a bigger enemy, a snowballing Ottomans who's player has proven their ability to eat AIs, or a still weak Byzantium that nobody helps finish the Ottomans? You'd also need to watch out about annoying Austria who could join the coalition easily just to prove to the audience who is the one true Prussia. A 5 1/2 man coalition to kill you would be hard to defeat session 1 especially if potential allies are worried about an opportunistic England making it a 6 1/2 man coalition

Wouldn't it be slightly annoying to have 1 player who's sole goal is to kill you? They may have been able to get Mamluks, Poland, Hungary, Venice, and Lithuania on their side. Who's a bigger enemy, a snowballing Ottomans who's player has proven their ability to eat AIs, or a still weak Byzantium that nobody helps finish the Ottomans? You'd also need to watch out about annoying Austria who could join the coalition easily just to prove to the audience who is the one true Prussia. A 5 1/2 man coalition to kill you would be hard to defeat session 1 especially if potential allies are worried about an opportunistic England making it a 6 1/2 man coalition

A opportunistic england with johan in it? That doesn't sound right, Johan isn't even slightly opportunistic!

Whoa, now that is what I call planning in advance!

:eek:

Because of popular demands, we have now moved the game to next week instead of 69 years into the future.

Because of popular demands, we have now moved the game to next week instead of 69 years into the future.
Aw man, and I've already had my funeral rebooked!

I love watching these dev clash's but what the flock are you guys thinking on this one???

Don't you think there are some very unfair things going on here like:
Starnan = Austria
Forza = Sweden
Trin = France
Keyzer Johan = Ottomans
Johan = England

Why are all the most experienced players in the largest countries???

And for the Love of all things holy why is Fido a tiny tiny nation again!!!

And please put groogy somewhere else! He is typically the best part of these dev clash's but his position this match has me quite sure there will be NO groogy to watch!!!

Also where is Bratyn and Salty Daniel and DNote?!?

I love watching these dev clash's but what the flock are you guys thinking on this one???

Don't you think there are some very unfair things going on here like:
Starnan = Austria
Forza = Sweden
Trin = France
Keyzer Johan = Ottomans
Johan = England

Why are all the most experienced players in the largest countries???

And for the Love of all things holy why is Fido a tiny tiny nation again!!!

And please put groogy somewhere else! He is typically the best part of these dev clash's but his position this match has me quite sure there will be NO groogy to watch!!!

DDRJack & Chris will probably explain more on Tuesday but it was (mostly) down to random luck.

I woud largely agree, but Milan isn't really a "tiny, tiny nation". It starts with 85 dev, good trade goods and possibly the most developable capital in the game. Holland and Brandenburg are significantly smaller, Sweden (119) and Bohemia (109) slightly bigger.

PLAYER - COUNTRY

A-List Vet's smallest central countries

StarNaN - Papal States
KaiserJohan - Milan
ForzaA - Holland
Fido - Brandenburg

B-List Vet's Medium sized central countries
Johan - Austria
Katz - Burgundy
rageair - Venice
Trin Tragula - Bohemia

C-List Vet's Medium sized central countries
BjornB - Poland
Groogy - England
Servancour - Portugal
mikesc - Muscovy
r_lazer - Morocco
TheLetterZ - Aragon

New Comer's-Largest Countries
Millenss - Castile
Neondt - Denmark
Nutsoman - France
foggmof - Sweden
Sidestep - Hungary
Sirrebirre - Mamluks
Duplo - Lithuania
Bus - Ottomans

I recommend this new improved lineup...
Seems alot more fair then the one you currently have!!!

If you stick with the one you got now I predict:
1) Kaizer Johan
2) Johan
3) Forza

StarNan will be strong early but will get hug boxed out...

#VÄLFÄRD <3

Shame there was no Norway player to go with that Denmark and Sweden. The triangle interactions could have been fun ^^

DDRJack & Chris will probably explain more on Tuesday but it was (mostly) down to random luck.

Yea yea, stop covering for them.
Johan kidnapped Jake's hamster and threatened to torture him, didn't he?
Always knew he wouldn't stop for anyone or anything once he set his eyes on England.
Just looking at him once suffices. Clearly the beard of a hamster torturing England fanatic.

Da9L is missing because he got fired after playing China in his HOI4 stream, right?

#InsiderInformation

Last edited: