• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Firstly, to Darkrenown and all the Devs, I sincerely apologise for any offence or hurt my post may have caused. Whilst I was expressing a strong opinion I tried to do it with tongue somewhat in cheek, which is why I referenced Army of Darkness towards the end of the post. I assure you I read the DD from start to finish, the conclusion I drew from that was that one possible resolution of "Days of the Dead" was a Zombie Horde.

No offence taken! Just expressing slight frustration in a dramatic fashion. Once again though, there are no actual zombies, it is all hysteria and panic.

Reactions:
No offence taken! Just expressing slight frustration in a dramatic fashion. Once again though, there are no actual zombies, it is all hysteria and panic.
Isn't it ironic how much hysteria and panic it also caused on the forums?

On that note. Will the patch give some kind of attention to the database, that is province ownership, family dynasty trees and general historical additions? Would be very interested if you could tell us something about it. Anything major like the overhaul you did in Iberia with the Charlemagne patch? Or regional like you did with the Lombards in the south of Italy with the Conclave patch? :)

Reactions:
Can't "no fantasy" be the default, like the old design team used to have it?

Default has always been fantasy on, so I'm not sure why actually getting an option to disable it is making you complain. Gates of Hell and voice of jesus was in 1.0 IIRC, Cthulhu came along in Old Gods along with finding a +1 axe. I forget when the Satan spawn was added, but it was made by Doomdark who has always been in charge of CK2. Glitterhoof was added by Groogy. Events have you or other characters building flying machines and steam powered warmachines, or playing warhammer.

I strongly believe the vast majority of players will keep the fantasy toggle on, so that'll be the default until and unless I am proved wrong (and we can monitor this).

I'm confused. Is this going into the upcoming DLC? Or is this for yet another future DLC? I commented on the last DD and had assumed that was going into the upcoming DLC which was making it look nice and meaty. Now I'm concerned...

All the recent DDs concern the upcoming, but unannounced DLC that will be sold along with the release of 2.6.

Reactions:
Isn't it ironic how much hysteria and panic it also caused on the forums?

On that note. Will the patch give some kind of attention to the database, that is province ownership, family dynasty trees and general historical additions? Would be very interested if you could tell us something about it. Anything major like the overhaul you did in Iberia with the Charlemagne patch? Or regional like you did with the Lombards in the south of Italy with the Conclave patch? :)

I guess it's immersive...

There is some database updating being done, mostly by our ever-vigilant betas, I will list the changes when we start talking about the patch notes.

Reactions:
So your point is that the two very very rare flavour events which include supernatural outcomes, only available for the player, should be disabled by default? I think the regular player does not check out game rules as often, and might thus never get to know about the existence of those events. It makes more sense to me to keep them and allow people who dislike them to disable them. But I don't even know what the standard setting is, it might go either way. I just prefer on to be the standard, as I hate missing out on content I'm not aware of (it took me 200 EUIV hours before I found out there's a way to randomise the world's development levels).

Speaking of the game rules, it's impossible to miss them. They are not hidden in the options, they appear after you hit Play, rather like the Ironman/Normal popup you get in EUIV.

Reactions:
Can immortals get sick?

They will probably do it like fertility for eunuchs (-9000% Fertility) thus giving immortals Health +9000.

So getting sick or maimed wont do much but events that trigger instant death (dueling, combat) will definetly kill you.

They will probably do it like fertility for eunuchs (-9000% Fertility) thus giving immortals Health +9000.

So getting sick or maimed wont do much but events that trigger instant death (dueling, combat) will definetly kill you.
The immortal = yes (already present in the game) does not give you bonus health, at least for what I know, so you can still be sick

Default has always been fantasy on, so I'm not sure why actually getting an option to disable it is making you complain. Gates of Hell and voice of jesus was in 1.0 IIRC, Cthulhu came along in Old Gods along with finding a +1 axe. I forget when the Satan spawn was added, but it was made by Doomdark who has always been in charge of CK2. Glitterhoof was added by Groogy. Events have you or other characters building flying machines and steam powered warmachines, or playing warhammer.

I strongly believe the vast majority of players will keep the fantasy toggle on, so that'll be the default until and unless I am proved wrong (and we can monitor this).

All the recent DDs concern the upcoming, but unannounced DLC that will be sold along with the release of 2.6.
The Demon's Spawn was added with Sons of Abraham I think (and it's a +2 axe :p)

The Satan spawn is definitely fantastic, and it has always bothered me that you can't turn it off or make it less "magical." I don't know anything about the Cthulhu event or the +1 axe, but the others have perfectly reasonable non-magical explanations that are given a magical spin for historical flavour (a la Joan of Arc, etc.). This has always been the default for CK2: history, not fantasy, but rooted in contemporary mythology of the era. Voice of Jesus is not magical; there are really people like that, and there were certainly people believed to be that way due to their talents.

What bothers me about the idea of immortality is I'm imagining genuine magic akin to the Satan spawn event. Maybe that's not what it is, in which case no worries.

I'm not really interested in which specific individual was responsible for any particular feature, as I think Doomdark has proven with Stellaris that he himself was not the sole auteur who made CK2's original design so good. It was a collaborative effort and a bit of lightning in a bottle. That greatness is slowly being chipped away, and I'm just doing my part as a fan to keep you guys from breaking a good thing.

Reactions:
You can mod the game if you want to disable the Satan's Spawn event, it only takes one line in a file

Reactions:
Read the damn thread! And the post. There are NO zombies in the game! Just peasants believing the deads are rising again. Nothing more!
I know you guys rack up 1000s of hours in these games and have little else going on, but the rest of us are successful adults who definitely don't have time to read an entire thread. Put it in the OP or get ready to repeat yourself.

Reactions:
Well if you don't have time to read what is said in a thread, don't be surprised to read that what you are whining about is a complete misunderstanding from your side

Reactions:
I know you guys rack up 1000s of hours in these games and have little else going on, but the rest of us are successful adults who definitely don't have time to read an entire thread. Put it in the OP or get ready to repeat yourself.

It's pretty clearly in the OP that there are no real zombies...

Reactions:
Some optimizations have been made, and more are to come.

I am somewhat afeared the optimizations will optimise out things like Baron educations.

Much as we all love our optimisations I hope this is mostly behind the scenes code being refactored rather than meaningful calculations being cut to save on cycles.

Reactions:
As a fellow successful adult, who feels no need to belittle other people and wishes to contribute to the discussion, may I interest you in a life-changing feature in forum browsing? It's a very helpful yet compact button that will enable you to get the gist of a thread in no time, saving you precious manhours:
DevRespo.png

You are welcome!

Reactions:
I am speaking more broadly when I say I like the idea of superstition based panics being implemented into the game. I do think you are probably right that they chose something that gives a nod to the overhyped zombie craze. Not the best choice. My least favorite of what they showed. Although we shouldn't assume they are zombies in the same sense. There are many kinds of undead, and they definitely believed in such a thing in Medieval old world. I just wanted to point out that just because the people think this is happening in the game doesn't meant it is happening. I really am not a fan of the game becoming a fantasy game world. Plenty of mods if you want that.

You can mod the game if you want to disable the Satan's Spawn event, it only takes one line in a file

And it's extremely rare anyways, I have never gotten it without triggering it through the console.

Reactions:
As a fellow successful adult, who feels no need to belittle other people and wishes to contribute to the discussion, may I interest you in a life-changing feature in forum browsing? It's a very helpful yet compact button that will enable you to get the gist of a thread in no time, saving you precious manhours:
View attachment 191286
You are welcome!
Thanks! That's really helpful.

I won't belittle people when they stop drooling all over me for not reading 16 pages of their dumb posts.

Reactions: