[BFD] Blitzkrieg for Dummies - Breakthrough, Encircle, Destroy

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm not so sure if "protected from counter attack" is a valid reason to attack someone...

That is, if kaiser's "attack" was actually an attack and not a pre-emptive manoeuvre. We'll see I suppose ;)
It isn't, according to ze rules, one can reposition troops without entering ze war phase.

Is this perhaps the first move of a White-Gray Alliance? ;)
I won't lie, we've discussed such things in private. I do share a large border with White, and there is the bit where we're both attacking.

I'm not so sure if "protected from counter attack" is a valid reason to attack someone...

That is, if kaiser's "attack" was actually an attack and not a pre-emptive manoeuvre. We'll see I suppose ;)
I'd say it's a pretty valid reason, if my initial attack fails, I can retreat and they will suffer a great deal of damage if the try to step on my land, pretty simple I'd say.

Unless it is some sneaky provoking manoeuvre, of course. :rolleyes:

I won't lie, we've discussed such things in private. I do share a large border with White, and there is the bit where we're both attacking.
You share a large border with yourself? :eek:

I'd say it's a pretty valid reason, if my initial attack fails, I can retreat and they will suffer a great deal of damage if the try to step on my land, pretty simple I'd say.

Unless it is some sneaky provoking manoeuvre, of course. :rolleyes:

You share a large border with yourself? :eek:
Derp. I meant Grey, obviously, although I think I could make a convincing argument that I do, in fact, share a large border with myself.

C7EK1UH.png

War Phase - Turn 1 // Kaisersohaib

Kaisersohaib's artillery at 05.10 attacks Raulazo's armor at 07.11, inflicting 5 damage on it.

Kaisersohaib's infantry at 00.14 advances to 01.14.

It's still your turn, Kaisersohaib.

Note: You must send me an explicit "end turn" order to end your turn. Otherwise it will continue to be your turn.

In response to a question: the turn order I posted last time is the permanent order for this game now. It won't change.

End turn.

jjUy1bV.png

War Phase - Turn 1 // Rovsea

Rovsea's armored units at 04.06 and 05.06 move to 01.03 and 02.04, respectively, by passing through the gaps in Barkardes' lines at 02.05.

Rovsea's armored units at 06.07 and 07.07 move to 09.05 and 10.06, respectively, and attack Haresus' units at 10.05 and 11.05. Both units are infantry and are destroyed outright, but deal 5 damage to each armored unit. Rovsea then advances his armored units to occupy the vacant positions.

Rovsea's armored unit at 08.08 moves to 04.10 and attacks Kaisersohaib's undefended supply cache at 03.10, capturing it, then moves to 02.11. (This is possible because this unit moved over two roads at 06.09 and 03.10, extending its movement range.)

Rovsea's armored unit at 09.08 moves to 09.11, then to 08.12.

Rovsea's armored unit at 10.09 moves to 11.09, then to 11.12.

It's still Rovsea's turn.

@ThunderHawk3 You might want to reveal those hidden units which are no longer hidden.

I believe all units on the map that are hidden are correctly hidden. Units aren't revealed just because you move next to them. The rules say quite particularly that they are revealed if the controller ends his turn with those units on the border.

Ok.

I believe all units on the map that are hidden are correctly hidden. Units aren't revealed just because you move next to them. The rules say quite particularly that they are revealed if the controller ends his turn with those units on the border.

Oh? Well if those are the rules then sure, but I'd change that for next game. It's a bit silly to have to attack units without knowing what they are, even though you're right next to them.

Oh? Well if those are the rules then sure, but I'd change that for next game. It's a bit silly to have to attack units without knowing what they are, even though you're right next to them.

I don't think I necessarily agree with that. Even in modern warfare you often don't know the composition of an enemy's unit until you're actually fighting them.

I had intended to create scout units and intelligence tokens that could allow you to reveal the identity of enemy units more easily, but I decided to leave them out to make it less complicated. Maybe next game.

Blitzkrieg token? Did you deduce that from unit costs? I'm too lazy to do that myself ATM xD
Yeah, there is a lot of information to be gained from unit cost analysis. We know now that Rovsea got 7 Panzer divisions. That is 210 dollars. He also got 4 roads, another 20 dollars. He probably got 2 depots, which explains his two "unknown" units, 20 dollars again. 250 dollars in total. A Blitzkrieg token costs the remaining 50, and explains the maneuver. Only alternative is that he got 2 units of paratroopers instead, but then they would have been used already. I think.

When gray is destroyed, Rovsea gets another Blitzkrieg token too. This can go on for some time. We might very well have a total winner by the time that this turn is over.