[BFD] Blitzkrieg for Dummies - Breakthrough, Encircle, Destroy

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My question wasn't about this turn.
Well lets give an example.I have armours and I breached the enemy defense in turn 4 of battle phase.Then I entered more into enemy territory but my enemy managed to cut supplies in turn 5.Now diplomacy phase begins.Can I build the supply cache in the place of mine inside the enemy territory?
Or lets think that I have lost my armours but there is some land my enemy was unable to take back.It's out of supply.Can I train militias there?
There is no diplomacy phase after combat phases begin. Once war is declared, there's no going back.

After the war phase the game ends - whoever holds the most territory wins.

By the way folks, I am still missing one or more initial deployments. If you haven't already, please get your deployments in in the next 48 hours or I'll start looking for a sub for you.

patton3.png

I'll have three divisions ready to attack in 48 hours!

Hey TH, I just noticed you quoted the "minefield effect" as halving a unit's strength - but there's no mention of such in the rules. Does a minefield only stop a unit or also deal half damage to it?

Hey TH, I just noticed you quoted the "minefield effect" as halving a unit's strength - but there's no mention of such in the rules. Does a minefield only stop a unit or also deal half damage to it?

Yes, it does halve the unit's strength. This is a very important part of minefields so it's quite bad that I didn't put it in the descriptor, but I can confirm that minefields deal half strength damage to units.

VB9EqEf.png

Diplomacy Phase - Turn 1

Here's the map of your initial deployments. It's now the first turn of the diplomacy phase. You each get another $50 to spend. Please PM me your additional deployment orders. You may instead, if you choose, PM me an order to Attack! instead. If at least one player does this, no one gets to buy any units and the War phase begins instead.

NB: You can move units by their regular movement amounts during the diplomacy phase, but you cannot attack.

EDIT: Roads work when you move off them (response to request for clarification from a player)

Last edited:
Nice, quite a varied lot of strategies I see there. Should be a great game!

EDIT: Especially curious what Rovsea did there...
Why do you say that? Although I do think that there seems to be a preponderance of defensive strategies.

Why do you say that? Although I do think that there seems to be a preponderance of defensive strategies.

Totalling 9 units when you have $300 at your disposal is quite remarkable ;)

Yes, it does seem most players have gone for a defensive strategy (either in units -blue- or in the way they are deployed -green-). I think TH did a really good job balancing the units though and even considering that most setups are defensive they are all different in one way or another. The blue set-up as we see it is slow but cost-effective, green went full mystery mode for as much versatility as possible, you seem to have gone for high-value units, grey relies on line infantry and minefields for a focused defence on one border while yellow sacrifices most of those minefields for more strategic options. All are valid strategies in one way or another and I'm very interested to see how they play out.

Totalling 9 units when you have $300 at your disposal is quite remarkable ;)

Yes, it does seem most players have gone for a defensive strategy (either in units -blue- or in the way they are deployed -green-). I think TH did a really good job balancing the units though and even considering that most setups are defensive they are all different in one way or another. The blue set-up as we see it is slow but cost-effective, green went full mystery mode for as much versatility as possible, you seem to have gone for high-value units, grey relies on line infantry and minefields for a focused defence on one border while yellow sacrifices most of those minefields for more strategic options. All are valid strategies in one way or another and I'm very interested to see how they play out.
Oh, I fully expect that Green's build is similar to Grey's trading out the artillery for some flank Armor. If I've guessed correctly, that is. It's a pretty interesting deployment map. We'll see how it plays out.

I am fully expecting White to have 9 units of Armour, one Supply Depot and nothing else.

Because that is what it looks like to me.

And yeah, I find all the deployments interesting.

I am fully expecting White to have 9 units of Armour, one Supply Depot and nothing else.

Because that is what it looks like to me.

And yeah, I find all the deployments interesting.
I will tell you this for free, I don't have nine units of armor, nor do I have one supply depot, nor is that all that I have. I'll let you guys speculate on what that means.

Once again, I am still missing one or more sets of orders. You have 48 hours to get your orders in.

I'll be sure to send orders tomorrow, TH.

Last edited:
VB9EqEf.png

War Phase - Turn 1 // Kaisersohaib

Both Rovsea and Kaisersohaib have chosen to attack, thereby advancing the game to the War Phase. Deployment and purchase orders are cancelled. Since they both chose to attack, Rovsea and Kaisersohaib get priority placement in the play order. The play order is now:

Turn Order
Kaisersohaib
Rovsea
Haresus
Raulazo
Barkades

You can post your orders in thread if you wish; what you did during your turn will be reasonably public regardless. Go ahead, Kaisersohaib.