[BFD] Blitzkrieg for Dummies - Breakthrough, Encircle, Destroy

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The map Marshy made seems very interesting and fairly balanced, I'd enjoy playing it.

I'll post the next game in the next few hours. Some thoughts on Marshall's points:

I appreciate the work that must have gone into making it but I can't really use Marshall's map without massively altering the rules of the game - to accommodate the map being much, much bigger, and for hills versus non-hills, and for water, and for VP, etc. While I could, of course, massively alter the rules of the game, I think I'll go with smaller changes instead.

I did a lot of thinking about how I would play if I were playing the game, and I think the big takeaway from this game was that you should defend your supply caches. A lot of players had completely undefended straight shots to their supply centers (in fact, everyone but Haresus did, I think). I'd argue that this is not good strategy.

Can I sign up here for the next game? Probably won't be around tonight...

No, but if you give me like, an hour, maybe less, you'll be able to pick a color in the new game.

The more I change the map/game the longer it will take to go up.

Okay, the second game is up with minimal changes to cater to your need for great urgency :p

I have only one request, and that is to give elite units an extra attack. Suddenly, Elite artillery are worth it, elite garrisons can counter attack things, Elite or "Motorized" infantry are much more viable, but still have serious drawbacks compared to armor, etc. I think it would be a worthwhile change, and it also makes Elite armor (which costs more than a blitzkrieg token) truly terrifying (as if it wasn't already).

I have only one request, and that is to give elite units an extra attack. Suddenly, Elite artillery are worth it, elite garrisons can counter attack things, Elite or "Motorized" infantry are much more viable, but still have serious drawbacks compared to armor, etc. I think it would be a worthwhile change, and it also makes Elite armor (which costs more than a blitzkrieg token) truly terrifying (as if it wasn't already).

I have at least one problem with allowing elite units multiple attacks - specifically, this would allow elite garrisons to attack. I think I want to avoid that, so I'd have to specifically write that they couldn't attack.

I haven't thought thoroughly about it but I think giving elite units an extra attack would make them overpowered. Elite armor would have 30 strength, 5 moves, and 3 attacks. Admittedly this would be for a cost of 60, but this would allow it to destroy, say, three infantry units in one turn.

I have at least one problem with allowing elite units multiple attacks - specifically, this would allow elite garrisons to attack. I think I want to avoid that, so I'd have to specifically write that they couldn't attack.

I haven't thought thoroughly about it but I think giving elite units an extra attack would make them overpowered. Elite armor would have 30 strength, 5 moves, and 3 attacks. Admittedly this would be for a cost of 60, but this would allow it to destroy, say, three infantry units in one turn.
Fair enough, that does seem quite powerful, but think about how cost effective such a unit is countered by, for instance, a minefield backed up by elite infantry. You have a unit that can destroy three infantry in a turn... but costs twice as much as three infantry. Of course, the largest problem is that it still has 15 strength, 5 moves, and 3 attacks after killing three infantry.