UPDATED 08/10/19 - Forum is being unlocked! (Connect your Steam account to sync your Owned Items!)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I dont understand this.

What happens if I dont sync my account?
If I buy Cossacks in May, I wont be able to register the game here because I wont have a serial key...so for Paradox it will be like if I hadnt bought the DLC at first?

This is weird... and I dont get it.

I dont understand this.

What happens if I dont sync my account?
If I buy Cossacks in May, I wont be able to register the game here because I wont have a serial key...so for Paradox it will be like if I hadnt bought the DLC at first?

This is weird... and I dont get it.
If your forum and Steam accounts are linked you don't need to register a key. If you don't however you won't be able to manually register the key (since there won't be one) and you won't see the shiny icon next to your name.

So it is just a visual thing.
Except for when you're buying an entirely new game (vs a DLC) in which case you'll also not have a key to register and gain access to the tech support and mods subforums. At least, I'm assuming that the policy requiring game registration for tech support will be retained here?

Except for when you're buying an entirely new game (vs a DLC) in which case you'll also not have a key to register and gain access to the tech support and mods subforums. At least, I'm assuming that the policy requiring game registration for tech support will be retained here?
For now, yes. I'm looking into possible changes into how access works but it's a little bit down the line I'm afraid.

Any plan on adding a sort of GOG sync? Many Paradox games are being included in their catalogue...
Buying a game from GOG should still provide you with a forum key that you can redeem manually. If not, please contact them and ask for one as they should have them.

Reactions:
Hi! I'm new here and I want to access the technical support forum to report some stuff and also browse to see if anyone is having similar issues to mine, but I'm told to first connect my steam and paradox accounts to view it. However, I've already synced my accounts and everything looks OK in my account settings. I've also tried disconnecting the accounts and then re-connecting it, but it still won't work for me. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Kind regards,
Bob

Hi! I'm new here and I want to access the technical support forum to report some stuff and also browse to see if anyone is having similar issues to mine, but I'm told to first connect my steam and paradox accounts to view it. However, I've already synced my accounts and everything looks OK in my account settings. I've also tried disconnecting the accounts and then re-connecting it, but it still won't work for me. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Kind regards,
Bob
What game's tech support are you trying to reach? If you look under your avatar you will see the games you have registered; if the game you are talking about is listed there then you should have access. If you don't you will probably need to log a ticket.
support.paradoxplaza.com

If the game in question isn't listed under your avatar then try resynching and see if it appears; otherwise logging a ticket might also be the way forward.

What game's tech support are you trying to reach? If you look under your avatar you will see the games you have registered; if the game you are talking about is listed there then you should have access. If you don't you will probably need to log a ticket.
support.paradoxplaza.com

If the game in question isn't listed under your avatar then try resynching and see if it appears; otherwise logging a ticket might also be the way forward.

The issue has resolved itself as of now, the forums that I'm trying to reach now show up in the list. Perhaps reconnecting steam did fix the problem for me, albeit with a delay. If the problem shows up again I will log a ticket as you suggest, thank you for the help!

I'm getting "steam account is already connected to a paradox account (status code 500)".

Is this something I have to fix with steam (if so how?)? Or can you help me at this end?

I expect this is an aftershock of the months of pain I inflicted on AndrewT last year in trying to merge my forum and Paradox accounts - he eventually managed it. The steam connection still didn't work but I was so happy to be back on the forums I let the keys issue go and stopped hassling him.

I speculate the steam connection is linked to the old account. After six months or so I'll eventually want access to the EU4 tech support forum again so I've summoned up the time (courage?) to ask about this again.

Thanks in advance!

I'm getting "steam account is already connected to a paradox account (status code 500)".

Is this something I have to fix with steam (if so how?)? Or can you help me at this end?

I expect this is an aftershock of the months of pain I inflicted on AndrewT last year in trying to merge my forum and Paradox accounts - he eventually managed it. The steam connection still didn't work but I was so happy to be back on the forums I let the keys issue go and stopped hassling him.

I speculate the steam connection is linked to the old account. After six months or so I'll eventually want access to the EU4 tech support forum again so I've summoned up the time (courage?) to ask about this again.

Thanks in advance!
You probably need to log a ticket.
support.paradoxplaza.com

Reactions:

Thanks in advance!
Your speculation is correct :). The error is because it is linked already. To resolve this please open a ticket and provide the old account email so we can find it as we can't see Steam names in our system, only if there is a link to a Steam account or not.

I see some of my older games aren't there. I'm not sure if they ever were though, maybe I only added them as convenient or when I wanted to access a beta forum, etc. I dont suppose there's any way to check is there? I can't find the old interface for adding keys. Were there even icons for the original EU or HoI?

tom

I see some of my older games aren't there. I'm not sure if they ever were though, maybe I only added them as convenient or when I wanted to access a beta forum, etc. I dont suppose there's any way to check is there? I can't find the old interface for adding keys. Were there even icons for the original EU or HoI?

tom
There weren't keys for the original EU or HoI.
To register an old game then go to "register a game" at the top of the page. Though as far as I remember Diplomacy was the first game with icons, so any game older than that won't have an icon.

Wagonlitz,
thanks for the reply... i was actually diggin and found my old manuals and indeed no keys, o well. Off topic question for you. I see you have Darkest Hour. I had thought about it at one time but started HOI III intead. Now that I am salivating so mightily for IV, would it help slate my hunger or just frustrate me like some other old games have?

tom

I am also having problems accessing forums despite syncing my steam account. Will resync and see if it fixes it.

OK: Syncing fixed it. Rather very counterintuitive, if you ask me....

Wagonlitz,
thanks for the reply... i was actually diggin and found my old manuals and indeed no keys, o well. Off topic question for you. I see you have Darkest Hour. I had thought about it at one time but started HOI III intead. Now that I am salivating so mightily for IV, would it help slate my hunger or just frustrate me like some other old games have?

tom

Darkest Hour is in my opinion the best of the HoI games so far released. It was made after HoI3, but it's more like HoI2 Doomsday Armageddon with extras and improvements,as it was made by fans with that older engine incorporating all the new ideas and technological capacity that would work.